AU/LSU 2:30 CBS

ShocksMyBrain

10 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Had a feeling Chaisson blew his knee out when I saw it. Hate it for him. 

Yep, could tell his knee just buckled under him right away. I thought MCL at the time because of the inward buckle, but not sure what all was injured. Hopefully he will recover well!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tickets aren't terrible yet so me and the misses might go... might just get tickets by the arena and stand on the rails... we're undefeated when I stand on the rails ;D

I want to feel at least 70% confident we're going to win though before making such a big trip lol

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Tickets aren't terrible yet so me and the misses might go... might just get tickets by the arena and stand on the rails... we're undefeated when I stand on the rails ;D

I want to feel at least 70% confident we're going to win though before making such a big trip lol

ESPN Power Index matchup has us at 78% so you're good to go!  Seriously though I think win by 2 scores.  Their D is solid as always, but Burrow was 11-24 for 140 yds against Miami.  I don't think LSU was good, I think Miami is really bad.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:45 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Looks like CBS, 2:30 kickoff at home. Or has this always been known?

pPQmkwf.jpg

I half expected it. It seems like the game is always at 2:30. When was the last time it was a night game?  The rain game maybe? 

We need to establish a quick route passing game with LSU.  JS needs to try to find his receivers quicker on routes of 10-20 yards. DO this and the running game will open up. We need to play fast and furious against LSU on both sides of the ball, and play with a chip on our shoulders for the entire 60 minutes.

Hearing that lots of tickets still available. Depressing to hear. I'd love to think that increased TV quality will eventually mean that stadiums have to offer much better deals.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hearing that lots of tickets still available. Depressing to hear. I'd love to think that increased TV quality will eventually mean that stadiums have to offer much better deals.

Side note - not to derail the thread. I agree with you. As you know, this is not just an AU thing. Overpriced tickets, long travel distances that include gas/hotels, and the costs of food have made it tough on many people that think about going to games. In the past, if you wanted to see every game you had to have tickets. Now EVERY game is on TV and the quality is incredible. I believe that attendance is dropping. Some stadiums are starting to retract seats and put in high roller suites for the big-donors. I believe that ticket prices will need to drop soon. They are like coaching salaries - out of hand. 

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Side note - not to derail the thread. I agree with you. As you know, this is not just an AU thing. Overpriced tickets, long travel distances that include gas/hotels, and the costs of food have made it tough on many people that think about going to games. In the past, if you wanted to see every game you had to have tickets. Now EVERY game is on TV and the quality is incredible. I believe that attendance is dropping. Some stadiums are starting to retract seats and put in high roller suites for the big-donors. I believe that ticket prices will need to drop soon. They are like coaching salaries - out of hand. 

Aaaaaand this is why I've been saying for a while now that adding seats was a bad idea. Also this was a concern I had about the CFP, and why an eight-team playoff is a REALLY bad idea. I think we dropped bottled water prices in 2014, but teams all across the country need to start offering better deals--this is what competition is supposed to do, after all.

23 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I half expected it. It seems like the game is always at 2:30. When was the last time it was a night game?  The rain game maybe? 

At home?  2012, 2014, & 2016 were all night games against LSU.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

At home?  2012, 2014, & 2016 were all night games against LSU.

Nah, home and away. 2013, too. 2012 I was deployed and missed that dumpster fire of a year. Fortunately.

On 9/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, atl-tiger said:

730ET - Airing on SECN

It may be different in the state of Alabama, but here in Florida, it's not on the "standard" SECN but rather one of the alternate channels FYI.

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nah, home and away. 2013, too. 2012 I was deployed and missed that dumpster fire of a year. Fortunately.

I’ll never forget the year I got married because of how bad we were. Watched us lose to Vandy on our honeymoon. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ll never forget the year I got married because of how bad we were. Watched us lose to Vandy on our honeymoon. 

That’s rough. lol. Some how Vanderbilt always plays our bad teams. 

I probably bottomed up four fireball shots to work up the nerve to propose to my wife on Thanksgiving in front of her family. Same weekend we were in Tuscaloosa watching the Camback. Probably the best few days of my life. 

This is going to be a revenge game. I think Gus will be disappointed if the score doesn't look like that 2014 game.

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

This is going to be a revenge game. I think Gus will be disappointed if the score doesn't look like that 2014 game.

I hope "revenge" is not his motivation.

Gus only has himself to blame for last year's debacle.

Maybe "Atonement" is a better motivation?

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I hope "revenge" is not his motivation.

Gus only has himself to blame for last year's debacle.

Maybe "Atonement" is a better motivation?

This team better come in with a chip on their shoulder. The men know we were the better team last year, but this doesn’t mean much unless the results show it. Now that I have got off the high of LSU game 1, I think our defense will really cause problems for their offense, particularly their QB.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This team better come in with a chip on their shoulder. The men know we were the better team last year, but this doesn’t mean much unless the results show it. Now that I have got off the high of LSU game 1, I think our defense will really cause problems for their offense, particularly their QB.

Agree 100%

On the surface, it looks like a defensive struggle (and could be) but LSU's Offense was actually not impressive and it's hard to tell if their D was really challenged by a quality O in Miami or not. 

The game's really a "?" so our Tigers better buckle their chin-straps and just take care of business.  If they do, I will think AU will be fine.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:08 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Just checked the stat line for LSU. It was abysmal, and makes the Canes performance look even worse.

LSU Total offense:          296 total yards

Passing:                            11/24  140 yards  5.8 yds per completion

Rushing:                           41/156  3.8 ypc

3d Down Conversions:  3/16

Our defense should feast. 

A lot of that is because of Miami’s horrible special teams. LSU started on the canes side of the 50 every drive except one 

Archived