Are You Still Glad We Beat LSU in 2016?

thrustmaxwell

Yes but I just deboarded the bus this year so my vote may not count. 🙄

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yes but I just deboarded the bus this year so my vote may not count. 🙄

We are still discussing the validity of voting rights and driver's licenses for those who took this long to figure things out.  We will get back with you ASAP.

Thank you,

MGMT

Just now, Slippin Jimmy said:

No. Absolutely the most demoralizing win in AU history

And the most expensive in the history of college football, I am assuming.  It was truly mesmerizing to watch unfold.  My soul was crushed.

No. I was upset the clock ran out. I liked Miles at LSU bc the ship was sinking and I didn’t want him gone yet. I didn’t like Gus at Auburn bc the ship is more like a buoy. Part of it is under the water all the time. It never completely sinks or swims. 

40 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

I'm still figuring things out around here, so I don't know how to make a pole.

Select your material. (Wood, metal, plastic, etc). Trim to desired length and diameter. 😎

12 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

No. I was upset the clock ran out. I liked Miles at LSU bc the ship was sinking and I didn’t want him gone yet. I didn’t like Gus at Auburn bc the ship is more like a buoy. Part of it is under the water all the time. It never completely sinks or swims. 

I suspect that's exactly the answer being sought.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Not really.  I was hoping to hear from some who were honestly happy that AU won that day.  It was the vast majority of our fanbase, so I'm not sure why more folks won't discuss.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I’ve been off the bus since TAMU 2014. Alarms went off K St and just got louder. We never adjusted. I was hoping it was an abberation, but....here we are. 

In more important things, hope you’re doing well ‘72. 

2 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Not really.  I was hoping to hear from some who were honestly happy that AU won that day.  It was the vast majority of our fanbase, so I'm not sure why more folks won't discuss.

I was happy. I was mad after last year's loss to them. I was happy after beating uga and bama. Right now I'm not happy. I don't know if I'm bipolar or just an Auburn fan. WDE

I'm always happy when Auburn wins. I was there and thrilled that day.

I'm still glad it happened. Had it not, Auburn would've been rebuilding last year and again lost to UGA/Bama. We would be in the midst of 8 straight losses to both. Which would've become 10 this year. That would be slightly more miserable than where we are now. 

Now what I'm NOT glad about is President Leath's extension.

At the time I was happy.  Knowing what I know now, I shouldn't have been happy.  But, I don't think we would have done what LSU did if we had lost.  JJ didn't have the guts or desire to fire Gus. 

1 minute ago, thrustmaxwell said:

@doug3020 gave the right answer.  I'm sure anyone who was happy about that win on that day would also have been happy with a win today. (None of us want AU to lose).  However, most of us probably had trepidation and the way the season ended confirmed it.

Also, we were happy with the amen corner results last year.....but still had trepidation once the contract crap started DURING SECCG week and that has also since been confirmed again.

I, for one, have posted many times that I give up on Gus every year only to get excited about another upcoming season and have fully testified to being a moron.  I'm now officially apathetic until real change *cough*new head coach*cough* happens.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I'm always happy when Auburn wins. I was there and thrilled that day.

I'm still glad it happened. Had it not, Auburn would've been rebuilding last year and again lost to UGA/Bama. We would be in the midst of 8 straight losses to both. Which would've become 10 this year. That would be slightly more miserable than where we are now. 

Now what I'm NOT glad about is President Leath's extension.

No, Jacobs did not want to admit he was wrong about 2 straight head football coaches.  As I remember it though, there were a lot of money people who basically put up an ultimatum around that game.  It would've been the right time financially for them to cut bait.

14 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I was happy. I was mad after last year's loss to them. I was happy after beating uga and bama. Right now I'm not happy. I don't know if I'm bipolar or just an Auburn fan. WDE

Auburn is more like Bi-poller. If they're higher in the polls they drop and when they're lower in the polls they climb. Auburn is predictably unpredictable. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Auburn is more like Bi-poller. If they're higher in the polls they drop and when they're lower in the polls they climb. Auburn is predictably unpredictable. 

Very true. I'll never forget my dad cursing the Florida win in '01 saying great they'll put us in the top 25 and then we'll lose to Arkansas. Well we lost lol. It takes heart to be an AU fan sometimes

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Very true. I'll never forget my dad cursing the Florida win in '01 saying great they'll put us in the top 25 and then we'll lose to Arkansas. Well we lost lol. It takes heart to be an AU fan sometimes

And insanity.  Are all Auburn fans insane to begin with or does Auburn football make us insane?

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Yep, whoever coined the phrase "nowhere to go from here but down" might have been an Auburn fan. I've seen this from Dye to Gus and it's gotten old. 

30 minutes ago, around4ever said:

At the time I was happy.  Knowing what I know now, I shouldn't have been happy.  But, I don't think we would have done what LSU did if we had lost.  JJ didn't have the guts or desire to fire Gus. 

Same! That was my last chemo free game of that season. So, I personally, was happy to have some kind of positivity headed into the next week.

Just now, around4ever said:

And insanity.  Are all Auburn fans insane to begin with or does Auburn football make us insane?

I think it takes a game like the '96 IB or an '07 USF to really bring it out. I lost mine in '01 against Syracuse 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yep, whoever coined the phrase "nowhere to go from here but down" might have been an Auburn fan. I've seen this from Dye to Gus and it's gotten old. 

I'm not sure it'll change bud. I remember seeing an AU shirt one time that said we may not win every game but we've never lost a party, so I guess we still have that

1 hour ago, doug3020 said:

I’ve been off the bus since TAMU 2014. Alarms went off K St and just got louder. We never adjusted. I was hoping it was an abberation, but....here we are. 

In more important things, hope you’re doing well ‘72. 

I remember NM had to win the game with his arm. Wasn’t this the first game that our zone read was basically shut down?? 

8 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I remember NM had to win the game with his arm. Wasn’t this the first game that our zone read was basically shut down?? 

Yes. They crashed us b/w the tackles for 50 minutes or so and we had ZERO response. Duke Williams bailed us out I believe. 

Archived