Sounds like someone is sowing some chaos.

AUDub

5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No, that is not my stance. My stance is this: it’s irrational to “blame” Trump for the actions of some psycho who decides to mail explosives to people Trump has criticized and been criticized by. “Blame” in the sense that we should all be a mad/furious at Trump for the action - or that he’s responsible, in the sense of guilt.

It's hardly irrational to blame Trump for increasing the fear and hate of his supporters.  That's his primary MO.  You act like Sayoc just woke up one morning and had an inchoate inspiration to do this.  It's pretty clear to anyone with common sense that Trump was his inspiration.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

All of you are gonna be mad when Cuban takes the White House in 2020.

I think if Beto takes out Cruz he will be a factor. Though last I saw Beto has no WH interest and says he would complete his full 6 years.

Who would be mad? I would welcome an intelligent man like Mark Cuban with open arms. And I'm sure most Democrats would too  Anything is better than this big orange, embarrassing horses arse we have now. At least Mark Cuban has a speaking ability above a 3rd grade level and isn't a racist.

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You sound silly, but I will play. Second Amendment guy did not listen to instructions because Hillary did not win the election

So, what do you think Trump implied?

29906170001_5077527960001_5077520819001-

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Because it forces people to send explosives in the mail? My goodness, listen to yourself.

That's a classical "begging the question" logical fallacy - a favorite of weasels everywhere. ;)

My goodness, stop underestimating everyone's intelligence. :no:

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You act like Sayoc just woke up one morning and had an inchoate inspiration to do this.  It's pretty clear to anyone with common sense that Trump was his inspiration.

Who knows what motivates the psychos? You are wrong Homer. It is not clear to anyone with "common sense".

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Funny thing is, when I called out people for doing the same s*** to Obama that you do with Trump now you were really cool with me. Thoughts and beliefs are still 99% the same when I supported Obama. Now I'm part of the problem, a liar, an a**hole, batshit crazy, insane, loony, with too high of a standard for what is considered white in America. Pretty interesting how quickly you turn on someone when they are consistent in their standards if they fall out of line with your ideas..... and that my friend is part of the problem with the modern left that I really dislike. Narrow minded as many of the people you claim to despise.

Sing bro, sing. The self anointed intellectuals (can't help but laugh at their characterization) are donning the blinders. It's quite simply pathetic. And for the record, this isn't solely on homey. There is at least a half dozen on this thread that fit the bill and deserve the wrath of their idiocy. But unlike a true intellectual, they will learn nothing. Telling. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Trump's fault!!!!!!!

Court records show Sayoc has a history of arrests, notably a 2002 charge of making a bomb threat, which allegedly put him on law enforcement's radar.

Ronald Lowy, a Miami attorney, told The Associated Press Sayoc became frustrated about a lack of service and told a Florida Power and Light employee "something to the effect that you're not taking care of my problem and I bet you would if I threw a bomb at you."

A 2002 arrest affidavit first obtained by Orlando station WFTV states Sayoc threatened to blow up Florida Power & Light Co., claiming "it would be worse than September 11th."

Sayoc was also convicted in 2014 for grand theft and misdemeanor theft of less than $300, and in 2013 for battery. In 2004, he faced several felony charges for unlawful possession of a synthetic anabolic steroid often used to help build muscles. He also had several arrests for theft in the 1990s and faced a felony charge for obtaining fraudulent refunds and a misdemeanor count of tampering with physical evidence.

Wrong thread.  This isn't about cops gunning down another unarmed black person. This is about a Trumper following through on the path Dear Leader sent him.

(But I do admire your efficiency in re-purposing a tired old script.  Recycling is good!) ;D

27 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

All of you are gonna be mad when Cuban takes the White House in 2020.

I think if Beto takes out Cruz he will be a factor. Though last I saw Beto has no WH interest and says he would complete his full 6 years.

Voted for Beto today, but still highly doubt he comes within 5 points of winning.  I'm of the belief the Democratic candidate in 2020 will come from somewhat off the radar, a la Obama in 2008.  If any Dem from Texas were to run, I could see it being Julian Castro.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm of the belief the Democratic candidate in 2020 will come from somewhat off the radar, a la Obama in 2008.

I am beginning to wonder if President Trump will even be contested by a dem

19 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who knows what motivates the psychos? You are wrong Homer. It is not clear to anyone with "common sense".

No, you are wrong.  Actually it is clearly evident to anyone with common sense. 

We already know - to a very large extent - exactly what motivated this guy.  He left a trail.  And what we have already seen is evidence enough.

You need to conquer your denial.

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am beginning to wonder if President Trump will even be contested by a dem

Hillary is dying for that chance.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Proud, for Christ sake. The ol' Democrats are the party of slavery line is played out. Anyone with half a brain knows that the parties are basically reversed now. Why do you think all the KKK members and Nazis are Republicans? Andrew Jackson has no more in common with the Democratic party of today than jelly beans have with dog turds. 

However.........there is a certain president who just so happens to have Jackson's face posted right beside his desk.......wonder who that could be??🤔

PT has never quite wrapped his head around the actual history of the two major parties.

He's like a dog who has been trained to the word "Democrat".   ;D

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You act like Sayoc just woke up one morning and had an inchoate inspiration to do this.  It's pretty clear to anyone with common sense that Trump was his inspiration

Homer, you are actually delusional. 

Court records show Sayoc has a history of arrests, notably a 2002 charge of making a bomb threat, which allegedly put him on law enforcement's radar.

Ronald Lowy, a Miami attorney, told The Associated Press Sayoc became frustrated about a lack of service and told a Florida Power and Light employee "something to the effect that you're not taking care of my problem and I bet you would if I threw a bomb at you."

A 2002 arrest affidavit first obtained by Orlando station WFTV states Sayoc threatened to blow up Florida Power & Light Co., claiming "it would be worse than September 11th."

Sayoc was also convicted in 2014 for grand theft and misdemeanor theft of less than $300, and in 2013 for battery. In 2004, he faced several felony charges for unlawful possession of a synthetic anabolic steroid often used to help build muscles. He also had several arrests for theft in the 1990s and faced a felony charge for obtaining fraudulent refunds and a misdemeanor count of tampering with physical evidence.

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Wrong thread.  This isn't about cops gunning down another unarmed black person. This is about a Trumper following through on the path Dear Leader sent him.

(But I do admire your efficiency in re-purposing a tired old script.  Recycling is good!) ;D

What? Go take a nap and try again. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Homer, you are actually delusional. 

Is there a point you would like to make?

What does any of that have to do with his being inspired by Trump to send bombs to Trump's enemies? :dunno:

Just now, homersapien said:

What does any of that have to do with his being inspired by Trump to send bombs to Trump's enemies? :dunno:

The guy was a psycho. My goodness. If the rhetoric of Trump's critics also inspired him, are they "responsible" too? 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Another weasel.  You're making it a habit now.

Should we be angry at those who expressed anti-Trump rhetoric if they "inspired" the actions, or just Trump?  What if he saw a picture portraying a celebrity holding Trump's decapitated head - should we be angry with and blame the celebrity too? 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

The guy was a psycho. My goodness. If the rhetoric of Trump's critics also inspired him, are they "responsible" too? 

Sorry, but that doesn't make any logical sense.  What's the point?

The very premise of my - and others - arguments against Trump's rhetoric is that it inspires exactly the sort of people as Sayoc to act.  The fact he may be a psycho is totally beside the point.

Hell, Trump is a narcissistic psychopath himself, as demonstrated by his behavior almost daily.

"My goodness" indeed.  :-\

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

After you, kid. :glare:

Answer this too, pops, who is responsible for the shooting of Steve Scalise? 

What I am gathering is that this entire notion of "responsibility" only works one way. That is, only if it appeases your fancy. ANTIFA can beat someone to a pulse and violent protests can erupt on campuses across the nation, but "political responsibility" only applies if the perpetrator commits the act in the name of the Right. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Sorry, but that doesn't make any logical sense.  What's the point?

The very premise of my - and others - arguments against Trump's rhetoric is that it inspires exactly the sort of people as Sayoc to act.  The fact he may be a psycho is totally beside the point.

Hell, Trump is a narcissistic psychopath himself, as demonstrated by his behavior almost daily.

"My goodness" indeed.  :-\

Answer the question. If the rhetoric of Trump's critics also inspired the man to act, are they responsible too? 

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Should we be angry at those who expressed anti-Trump rhetoric if they "inspired" the actions, or just Trump?  What if he saw a picture portraying a celebrity holding Trump's decapitated head - should we be angry with and blame the celebrity too? 

Who's the POTUS?

Who has the responsibility of setting the moral tone for the country by example?

Archived