Sounds like someone is sowing some chaos.

AUDub

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

He also made another threat, Titan. 

I will respond as nice as I can without saying what I would like to.

1. By another, I assume you mean after the case a few months ago when you thought I was threatening you. I thought that was over since we met face to face in Auburn where I assured you I was in no way threatening you and was actually giving you some advice

2. The latest thing I think you refer to was again an honest attempt to caution you what you post on a message board. It was in no way intended it as a threat. I wonder how many other posters here would say the words you did and have it on their post history.

I assure you I won't offer any more advice or suggestions since you seem to be a very insecure person.

And I for  sure wouldn't call you "a piece of s***" as you did me.

15 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Well seems that with the amount of Americans that can be influenced by words or rhetoric, appears we might need to revisit the influence of music.

Take me, went to dinner with the girlfriend and this song came on on the way home.... unfortunately we were influenced with our weak minds:

Make Love Not Bombs! 

19 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You’ve called it out on both sides? Seriously? In this entire thread you’ve argued against those of us that said Trump’s rhetoric incited this. That isn’t calling it out on your side. You expect me to believe that bull**** then call it out with your guy at the top. 

I certainly attribute responsibility at the top if rhetoric is the issue. I just hold that responsibility, then, extends beyond him also. It’s the extension of responsibility you take dispute with. No side’s hands are clean in this.

It is evident you disagree. That’s fine. I’ve been very clear as have you. 

26 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I certainly attribute responsibility at the top if rhetoric is the issue. I just hold that responsibility, then, extends beyond him also. It’s the extension of responsibility you take dispute with. No side’s hands are clean in this.

It is evident you disagree. That’s fine. I’ve been very clear as have you. 

The “both sides” argument is ridiculous. There is only one side that controls all branches of government. One side is setting the National tone. Now as for the left, we’ve held our own accountable. Hillary apologized  for the deplorable comment. Al Franken was forced out. Maxine Waters only has a platform because she’s a target of Trump. It seems that the “both sides” argument is only made when the right side doesn’t want to hold their own accountable. 

3 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

The “both sides” argument is ridiculous. There is only one side that controls all branches of government. One side is setting the National tone. Now as for the left, we’ve held our own accountable. Hillary apologized  for the deplorable comment. Al Franken was forced out. Maxine Waters only has a platform because she’s a target of Trump. It seems that the “both sides” argument is only made when the right side doesn’t want to hold their own accountable. 

Either you want to hold everyone accountable or you don’t. At no point have I argued that the President should not be held accountable. You’re missing the mark entirely. 

And no, “one side” does not control all branches of government. That’s a completely false notion.

16 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Either you want to hold everyone accountable or you don’t. At no point have I argued that the President should not be held accountable. You’re missing the mark entirely. 

And no, “one side” does not control all branches of government. That’s a completely false notion.

You’ve made no statement in this thread that he should be held accountable but have instead argued that both sides engage in this kind of rhetoric. You excused Trump’s suggestion that second amendment people do something about Clinton by saying it was hypothetical if she were elected and appointed judges. I know you and I will never agree on this but I honestly marvel at how you are so incredibly intelligent and insightful in other areas but are so blinded when it comes to Trump. 

36 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

You’ve made no statement in this thread that he should be held accountable but have instead argued that both sides engage in this kind of rhetoric. You excused Trump’s suggestion that second amendment people do something about Clinton by saying it was hypothetical if she were elected and appointed judges. I know you and I will never agree on this but I honestly marvel at how you are so incredibly intelligent and insightful in other areas but are so blinded when it comes to Trump. 

I’ve stated numerous times that if rhetoric is the problem, President shares responsibility. Under this proposition, my entire premise is that rhetoric is not a one way street. Both sides should share responsibility if we actually want change. I did not excuse his second amendment statement, I simply provided context for it in the same way another poster provided context for Holder’s quote. Both men, through their words, expressed rhetoric that can conceivably contribute to division and hence, inspire unbalanced minds.

Logic necessitates that my premise includes Trump’s rhetoric. To hold otherwise is error. Perhaps you take a categorical approach, whereas I take an all-inclusive one. I am sorry if you think my theory detracts from the culpability you would impute to the President. Do with it what you will.

34 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’ve stated numerous times that if rhetoric is the problem, President shares responsibility. Under this proposition, my entire premise is that rhetoric is not a one way street. Both sides should share responsibility if we actually want change. I did not excuse his second amendment statement, I simply provided context for it in the same way another poster provided context for Holder’s quote. Both men, through their words, expressed rhetoric that can conceivably contribute to division and hence, inspire unbalanced minds.

Logic necessitates that my premise includes Trump’s rhetoric. To hold otherwise is error. Perhaps you take a categorical approach, whereas I take an all-inclusive one. I am sorry if you think my theory detracts from the culpability you would impute to the President. Do with it what you will.

The difference is that one man’s rhetoric did contribute to a violent act. The bomber wasn’t an Eric Holder fan. He wasn’t a Clinton fan. He was a Trump fan. So bringing up “well Holder said” or “Clinton said” isn’t really relevant. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

The difference is that one man’s rhetoric did contribute to a violent act. The bomber wasn’t an Eric Holder fan. He wasn’t a Clinton fan. He was a Trump fan. So bringing up “well Holder said” or “Clinton said” isn’t really relevant. 

If you can conclusively demonstrate [assuming it's even possible] that one man's words (the President's) served as the sole contributing rhetoric for the act, to the exclusion of the relevancy of other rhetoric, thereby warranting condemnation of the former only, please do. It should be preferable to provide more than "he was a Trump fan." Abrogate my all-inclusive approach. The same should be requested of those on the right who attribute blame to democrats when an actor intends harm to republicans.

Until then, I will remain steadfast in my position on this matter. It is also my proposition that an all-inclusive approach will foster unity and change more effectively than would yours. 

just thought i would leave this for y'all.

44948251_10213555983717318_462684208184164352_n.jpg

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

just thought i would leave this for y'all.

44948251_10213555983717318_462684208184164352_n.jpg

Well hell fifty. I got everything from knife attacks, to rape threats, to attacking sick children on social media, to death threats, to vandalism, to physical violence right here:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

Plenty of jacked up individuals on both sides of the line.

And yup, went and voted Beto and I'm gonna hold him to this:

Course I'm sure ICHY will Facepalm Beto now.

9 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

It's been an interesting race.

I would love for him to live up what he's been running on.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure he is strong enough to withstand the assault from other Dems when/if he makes it to D.C.

9 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Well hell fifty. I got everything from knife attacks, to rape threats, to attacking sick children on social media, to death threats, to vandalism, to physical violence right here:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

Brietbart.com???!

disgusted-face.jpg

Beto is my dude though👍👍

11 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

i never said there was not tejas. hell i am a lib and pretty bug eyed crazy myself.lol but i am not gonna argue cus i do not want more people hating me. and yes i know it is just a message board but i did not like some of the comments i spewed myself you know? hell i would like to love everyone if i can. have a great day.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i never said there was not tejas. hell i am a lib and pretty bug eyed crazy myself.lol but i am not gonna argue cus i do not want more people hating me. and yes i know it is just a message board but i did not like some of the comments i spewed myself you know? hell i would like to love everyone if i can. have a great day.

We all hate Gus though, so it's ok. 

Violence brews in a lot of places but this is scary but not surprising. I bet few of these are Trump supporters.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/one-in-three-college-students-believe-physical-violence-is-justified-to-prevent-hate-speech-survey

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Brietbart.com???!

disgusted-face.jpg

Beto is my dude though👍👍

Well I could do it this way:

A man who authorities say tried to pull a switchblade on a Republican candidate in California shouted profanities about President Donald Trump and the Republican Party before the assault, the candidate said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2018-09-12/man-allegedly-cursed-trump-attacked-republican-candidate

A Memphis woman whose nephew beat cancer said she's experienced hateful online attacks because she thanked Eric Trump for his commitment to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/09/unreal-hate-st-jude-family-attacked-online-after-thanking-eric-trump-support

But that would go on forever lol.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

You are good man. I just want people calling this stuff out both ways.

Now if you keep using the word Texas or versions of it without capitalizing it... then we got real issues! lol.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

While I never had an issue with politics in my classes there was a definite shift from individual ideas to regurgitation when I went back for my second. Students also had issues with classes that had competition involving projects/mock trials/debates. They took it all personally and couldn't leave it in the classroom.

31 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Come on man. I don't think there is one person in here who has ever made the claim that nobody on the left is acting undesirably. We are fighting you on the idea that the left and right are on equal ground these days, when it comes to politically motivated acts of terror. There is a big difference in a man pulling a knife out on a republican while shouting f Trump and someone attempting to bomb 14 of Trump's most outspoken critics or shooting up and killing multiple people in their places of worship, or running over people. 

https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-deaths-ideology-charlottesville-anomaly

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You are good man. I just want people calling this stuff out both ways.

Now if you keep using the word Texas or versions of it without capitalizing it... then we got real issues! lol.

Tejas is my way of a compliment. i love your state and read  the michner book on y'alls beginnings and a ton of books on the alamo. the best was a duel of eagles. it told the good, bad, and the ugly of the men on both sides and made me love them more. and yes i am a lazy typist.

Archived