Men Vs. Duke

WarTiger

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

How can refs defend a half with AU not taking even one FT?

We went the half minus the last two minuets shooting crazy 3's

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

lol. Duke has the arrow so they will get the first possession if that's what u were asking. 

We need a three-and-out and a quick TD.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think he bodied him some, got all ball

The replay showed he hit the arm, then, maybe zion, with the block. Different guy snagged the arm than who got the block

We can still win this.  We shot terrible, and got bad calls.  But those things tend to even out.

Just now, IronMan70 said:

Refs can take a good game in college sports and just ruin it.

We’ve been seeing the from sec basketball refs, especially, for some time now 

Just now, bigbird said:

To an extent, but not to this extent.

That last call and the phantom call on their big man. We certainly don't have any ground to cry that we haven't shot any free throws. You can't wait until the last minute of the game and expect whistle. That's when you probably not going to get a call

Now that the anger at the refs the last 3 min has subsided, it wasn’t a great half offensively for AU but they hit so big shots and got back into respectable range. I’d say they need to work the paint, but they can’t get to the FT line and Duke is just to big to shoot over. Ball movement has been pretty good and that needs to continue. I worry about their legs late though. After OT yesterday, it’s going to be hard to finish this one, especially with the foul trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It is. Unreal.

They'll start calling fouls on dook once they get up by 18-20. Try to make it not as obvious they're full of crap. They may be better but how can we tell with garbage officiating. 

For anyone who says we didn’t shoot FTs cuz we didn’t get fouled in that half- go look at Harper’s two attempts towards the end of the half as well as McLemore’s putback tap in. I dare you to tell me those weren’t fouls. 

I’ll admit I’ve almost never watched basketball in my life (doesn’t help their season is always the same as wrestling’s). However, I’m just tickled that Auburn has gotten to the point where we’re only trailing Duke by 8 and we feel like we might should be leading them with some things breaking a little different.

War Eagle.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To an extent, but not to this extent.

We're fouling Duke in the act of shooting. Duke has committed most of there fouls when we're not in the act of shooting, save for the questionable one there at the end of the half with Harper.

Edit: and Duke was in the bonus for the last 6-7 minutes of the half. That's why they're getting so many more FT's.

Frustrating when you have to play the #1 team in the country AND the refs. Proud of this team for regrouping. You could see our boys were pissed and fired up at the end of the half with that no call. It's our turn to punch them in the mouth in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The replay showed he hit the arm, then, maybe zion, with the block. Different guy snagged the arm than who got the block

Ahh ok. I was just looking at the shot

I accept we are fouling quite a bit but AU has been inside and had enough shots blocked that it's hard to believe that there were no fouls by them. ...and the ticky tack stuff away from the basket too.    Guys have hung in well despite the foul issues and if they can come out shooting as well as they finished the half, things should be interesting.

On Roku, using the ESPN app and found channel with just over the basket views and no announcers.  Really like it. No replays either or stats.

Anybody in foul trouble?

OBTW I called the officiating earlier today.

Terrible shooting and one sided officiating and we are only down by 8.   I'll take that and hope for better shooting and officiating in the 2nd half. 

Archived