Men Vs. Duke

WarTiger

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That last call and the phantom call on their big man. We certainly don't have any ground to cry that we haven't shot any free throws. You can't wait until the last minute of the game and expect whistle. That's when you probably not going to get a call

There were multiple drives and rebound attempts where and Auburn guy was mugged or where a Duke guy went over the back. Duke has a few offensive rebounds that are courtesy of a mugging but some of their bigger guys.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

You have to remember Duke is the basketball version of Bama. You aren't going to get a call.

They’ve literally being calling them as such. If I was duke I would be pissed. Being called the “bama” or basketball. What if they started calling bama the duke of football? They would riot

had we not been so damned starstruck to open the game, we could be right there nipping them on their heels....tv teddy is going to make sure we don't ruin the parade though.....we have to attack the damned rim

Just now, AUGoo said:

On Roku, using the ESPN app and found channel with just over the basket views and no announcers.  Really like it. No replays either or stats.

Anybody in foul trouble?

OBTW I called the officiating earlier today.

Chuma, Dunbar, Doughtry all have 3 fouls

Just now, AUGoo said:

On Roku, using the ESPN app and found channel with just over the basket views and no announcers.  Really like it. No replays either or stats.

Anybody in foul trouble?

OBTW I called the officiating earlier today.

Okeke, Samir, and Dunbar all have 3 I believe. 

if we simply went 4-14 from 3's in the first 15 minutes, it is a completely different game......just making 2 more 3's in that time. we are in this, just can't have any cold spells in this half

Played like crap for most of the half, but still in it. I will take it. That being said, yes the officiating is lopsided, but I cant remember the last time I watched a college basketball game that was even close to being well officiated. Its pretty much a joke and has been for years.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That last call and the phantom call on their big man. We certainly don't have any ground to cry that we haven't shot any free throws. You can't wait until the last minute of the game and expect whistle. That's when you probably not going to get a call

I agree. The aggressor gets the call and we we're very passive for 15+ minutes in the first half. That said, there were a few missed calls that were pretty easy calls.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ahh ok. I was just looking at the shot

It was hard to see real time. I couldn’t remember if it was Zion trailing, but the guy on Harper snagged the arm, and and player came from behind was a block. I do totally agree, we need to attack inside more, and if we get to opportunity, kick out. Don’t rely on a 3 from the jump

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

They’ve literally being calling them as such. If I was duke I would be pissed. Being called the “bama” or basketball. What if they started calling bama the duke of football? They would riot

I bet Duke basketball spent less money on players at least lol

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

For anyone who says we didn’t shoot FTs cuz we didn’t get fouled in that half- go look at Harper’s two attempts towards the end of the half as well as McLemore’s putback tap in. I dare you to tell me those weren’t fouls. 

Wiley was pushed on the hook that came up short. 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

There were multiple drives and rebound attempts where and Auburn guy was mugged or where a Duke guy went over the back. Duke has a few offensive rebounds that are courtesy of a mugging but some of their bigger guys.

We did the same thing as far as going for rebounds, I disagree the multiple drive stuff though. We didn't get that last one but that's what usually happen at the end of halves and games. Besides that? Mugged? I don't see that at all

Just now, Zeek said:

I bet Duke basketball spent less money on players at least lol

With academic prestige, pro pedigree, and an Olympic level HC, they don’t need to lol

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The replay showed he hit the arm, then, maybe zion, with the block. Different guy snagged the arm than who got the block

I’ve rewinded it and rewatched it over and over and over.  Very very very clear all arm swipe by #3 forced his arm and ball from the rim giving Williamson time to make the “block”.  Even without Williamson getting the ball he had no chance to make the shot after the obvious forearm slap by #3

Just now, doverstutts said:

wiley has got to come on to the bigtime....right now he is like wings on a milkcow

Maybe it’s me but I have no idea what in the world you just said lol

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

.....we have to attack the damned rim

We don't have players that have that as a dominant skill set.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Huh?

#41 for Duke, literally outfought 2 Auburn guys for the ball multiple times. How is that a mugging?

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

wiley has got to come on to the bigtime....right now he is like wings on a milkcow

Yeah.

I'm afraid Wiley has been exposed as  to inexperienced with his back to the basket.  Hope the light comes on a little better as the season progresses.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Maybe it’s me but I have no idea what in the world you just said lol

there are several variations on that theme not fit for mixed company....so just think it over...:)

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

With academic prestige, pro pedigree, and an Olympic level HC, they don’t need to lol

True. I did hear Bama’s library is up to 5 coloring books. Had to replace one because Bubba-Jay spilled his dip bottle all over the “Thomas the Train” coloring book. He had been doing such a good job at staying in the lines too.

Archived