Bruce Pearl

CameronCrazy

On 3/17/2019 at 6:12 PM, KolchakAU85 said:

Pay him, name a building after him, etc.

Just curious. Have we named anything after Sonny? I think it would be great to give him some recognition, as it took over 30 years to get us to the Elite 8 and now FF with Pearl. Sonny paved the way...

Bruce Pearl Arena and Sonny Smith Court....?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Just curious. Have we named anything after Sonny? I think it would be great to give him some recognition, as it took over 30 years to get us to the Elite 8 and now FF with Pearl. Sonny paved the way...

Bruce Pearl Arena and Sonny Smith Court....?

Doesn't leave much room for the next great coach does it?   I like the idea though, I really do.   I would go for that.

As much as I love Bruce Pearl, and I LOVE him a lot, I like that the Arena is called The Jungle.  The Oyster, or whatever, is not an intimidating enough name for our opponents.  Let’s keep it The Jungle and name it Pearl court or something.  Heck, BP wouldn’t care if we named anything for him.  What would be great is if we put a statue outside of him in mid-jump, coaching his guts out.  That would be hilarious and appropriate. 😊

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

As much as I love Bruce Pearl, and I LOVE him a lot, I like that the Arena is called The Jungle.  The Oyster, or whatever, is not an intimidating enough name for our opponents.  Let’s keep it The Jungle and name it Pearl court or something.  Heck, BP wouldn’t care if we named anything for him.  What would be great is if we put a statue outside of him in mid-jump, coaching his guts out.  That would be hilarious and appropriate. 😊

Maybe we could rename the entryway to the arena 'the Pearly Gates'. ;)

As I understand it the Jungle is the student section. The arena is Auburn Arena. 

The Jungle would be inside Bruce Pearl Arena IMO

PearLee County, wait a second, is that Pearlee county, wait that's the same thing...It's not Pear Lee, it's "Pearl +Lee" so maybe it's Pearllee County, Alabama.

Archived