Bruce Pearl

CameronCrazy

BP is the prime example of what the right guy at the right time can do. One guy has completely changed the culture of AU basketball and I believe has the chops to have sustained success. He absolutely needs to be paid top dollar for doing what almost shouldn’t have been possible. Add to his on court success the way he reps the university in such a positive manner....pay the man what he deserves.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearl is so easy to love. I thought his comment today in the press conf after the game about Harper and Brown’s best coaches were their fathers, was an incredible one.  Who wouldn’t want their kid to play for him??

My favorite comment from Bruce was saying how they always practice running a GW shot through Horace .... not!

Anyone still think we "need to see more"? He's brought us to uncharted territory. He's cemented himself as an Auburn legend already.

Hey guys, I'm hearing that Bruce is considering the UCLA job. I'm fearing this may be our last season with him.

APRIL FOOL'S! :D

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hey guys, I'm hearing that Bruce is considering the UCLA job. I'm fearing this may be our last season with him.

APRIL FOOL'S! :D

you thought that s**t sounded good in your head, didn't you?....it should have stayed there

27 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

you thought that s**t sounded good in your head, didn't you?....it should have stayed there

Amen brother! Nobody fell for that anyway! Bruuuuuce loves Auburn.

So the Pearl Arena? Or do we call it "The Oyster" with the "Pearl Court" inside???

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Anyone still think we "need to see more"? He's brought us to uncharted territory. He's cemented himself as an Auburn legend already.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, AUGrad16 said:

giphy.gif

hahaha perfect reply. Out of reactions but this is great.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

So the Pearl Arena? Or do we call it "The Oyster" with the "Pearl Court" inside???

Name the toilets after Barbee.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bruce Pearl Court at Auburn Arena

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Name the toilets after Barbee.

So urinals would be Barbee Standers and commodes would be Barbee Sitters. Either way, they're all BS.

7 hours ago, AUGrad16 said:

Kentucky just offered Cal a lifetime contract....

Can we go ahead and offer Bruce a lifetime contract?

Is there any chance Steven leaves after this year?

Just guessing if he goes somewhere (played for his Dad, saw first hand how to build two SEC programs), he could coach a small program, then return in time to maybe replace Bruce when he retires.   I think Steven is killing it as far as scouting and drafting the gameplan.

Thoughts?  Rumors?

My vote:  rename the arena  "The Oyster".  We can call the Equestrian arena The Jungle.     

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Is there any chance Steven leaves after this year?

Just guessing if he goes somewhere (played for his Dad, saw first hand how to build two SEC programs), he could coach a small program, then return in time to maybe replace Bruce when he retires.   I think Steven is killing it as far as scouting and drafting the gameplan.

Thoughts?  Rumors?

My vote:  rename the arena  "The Oyster".  We can call the Equestrian arena The Jungle.     

Two years ago he was just in charge of making travel arrangements for the team and doing on campus recruiting. I’m sure he’s doing a great job as an assistant but I’d guess he’d need at least a few more years on the bench before anyone’s really interested in hiring him. One things for sure, if Steven’s ready to leave, Bruce will be hyping him up in every interview he does, so we’ll know when it’s gonna happen 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

One things for sure, if Steven’s ready to leave, Bruce will be hyping him up in every interview he does, so we’ll know when it’s gonna happen 

100% right!

Archived