Bama game 3

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We are thin with starter injuries. 

I’m aware of that. I’m talking about taking guys out when they’re throwing well. And I’m not just referring to AU. It’s pervasive in college and the MLB. I’m just not a fan of it. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s score some runzzzz!!

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

agree...and usually the guys are not in the game long enough to figure out what the ump is doing or to get into a groove. before they are gone...Plus most of them just are not ready to face the first batter....and throw strikes....

Auburn is not producing much at the plate so Steve Smith can't give the pitchers a lot of time to adjust once he gets past the starter.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Auburn is not producing much at the plate so Steve Smith can't give the pitchers a lot of time to adjust once he gets past the starter.

Been very disappointing. We seem to have a big inning or two but nothing consistent. 

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m aware of that. I’m talking about taking guys out when they’re throwing well. And I’m not just referring to AU. It’s pervasive in college and the MLB. I’m just not a fan of it. 

Some pitchers have a weakness for lefties or a batter may be good at hitting his best pitch so they switch out. Also batters can't get used to a pitcher if he's not in very long. It's a strategy that works. bammer is using it against us very effectively.

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I like going with the hot hand but these days it’s about matchups 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Auburn hasn't had a full pitching roster since the first inning of the first game of the season, and with DD permanently sidelined for his college career....we won't see it fixed until 2020. I just hope nothing happens to any of our young guns.

We still have 15 healthy pitchers on the staff....but having many of them pitch less than an inning...and changing just to get and righty-righty matchup....uses them up quickly in a game like this. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Been very disappointing. We seem to have a big inning or two but nothing consistent. 

bammer switches out pitchers to prevent Auburn from getting comfortable at the plate . He knows Auburn well and the fact that our batters are struggling.....

It adds to their discomfort.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We still have 15 healthy pitchers on the staff....but having many of them pitch less than an inning...and changing just to get and righty-righty matchup....uses them up quickly in a game like this. 

But they are not fully seasoned starters, and I'm not sure any of them are as great as DD was at this point.  Losing him was a bigger blow than most fans realize. You just can't replace that from the bullpen, and then losing 2 more has just crippled Auburn. 

Ward struggling with the sun.....a very valuable catch......not easy....no sun glasses out there?    

Some timely hits this inning.....nothing hard but right where nobody was playing and that's three this inning 

Bliss is just that kid. He went back and touched home just to be sure....while no one was paying much attention..lol.  So smart

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Some timely hits this inning.....nothing hard but right where nobody was playing and that's three this inning 

Doesn't have to be hard. Just well placed.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Doesn't have to be hard. Just well placed.

yep....glad that Julien made them pay for that shift.....something for him to remember.....

AU up 8-3

That's gotta make a coach scream.....give a pitcher a 5 run lead and he immediately walks his first batter on 4 pitches.....😡

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

yep....glad that Julien made them pay for that shift.....something for him to remember.....

I mentioned earlier he knew last night. He was waiting for his moment.....

Meanwhile the strike zone is a fluid thing for Auburn pitchers.

Archived