Bama game 3

Just tuned in to find AU trailing 1-0 after 1....and to see Julien take a pitch between the 0 and 1 to get on base...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...AU goes down in bottom of the first leaving a couple runners on base.....

Moving along to the top of 2nd.

Need a win today. Losing a home series to bama, who will end up with about 9 SEC wins this season, will not be good. We are the better team. We must play like it today. Need to be stronger mentally. 

Come on Tigers 

Fitts struggled a little in the T-1 and left everything up. That's why he got dinged for the HR.

He settled in and corrected his issues in the 2nd. He threw 5 pitches for the 3 bammer outs.

Now Williams got the freebie in the top of the 2nd and AU has a man on base with no outs.

Take advantage of this Tigers!!!

OK....Holland brings SW home with a bounder into the outfield...WH in a bit of a hitting streak this weekend....really good to see that....

That's nice...another bleeder into the short outfield and another runner on base....

Seeing our uniforms today makes me wish we would unleash the orange jerseys in football. 

Double by Bliss brings in 2 more runs and AU up 3-1......

How does Julien take that 2nd pitch;.....right in the middle of the plate......then a weak ground out on 0-2 ...guess that's what a slump looks like....just can't find the right pitch.

Dang...bama gets two runs....looked like a couple 60 degree wedge shots just over the infield....so game is tied at 3....

Fitts struggling a bit.....trouble getting that 3rd out...

The strike out pitch by Fitts for the 3rd out was ice cold.  Ended out of strike zone and would have loaded bases but looked good till last 10 feet.

Bama is squaring up solid on everything they hit. Must be nice. 

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

How does Julien take that 2nd pitch;.....right in the middle of the plate......then a weak ground out on 0-2 ...guess that's what a slump looks like....just can't find the right pitch.

Teams have learned how to pitch Big Canada and play defense against him so he has to mostly rely on mistakes to hit until he can learn to adjust. He was upset with himself last night so he knows......he's got to learn to hit what they give him. Last season was a gift because he was unknown and he won't see it again.

some bad throws to second...easy steals...

4 hits thus far for AU.....fortunate to be in a tie game at this point.   

What happened to baseball? I just don’t get the mindset and purpose of using 5-7 pitchers a game on a routine basis. Just too old school I guess. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

What happened to baseball? I just don’t get the mindset and purpose of using 5-7 pitchers a game on a routine basis. Just too old school I guess. 

We are thin with starter injuries. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

agree...and usually the guys are not in the game long enough to figure out what the ump is doing or to get into a groove. before they are gone...Plus most of them just are not ready to face the first batter....and throw strikes....

OK...got out of that mess with no damage......

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We are thin with starter injuries. 

Auburn hasn't had a full pitching roster since the first inning of the first game of the season, and with DD permanently sidelined for his college career....we won't see it fixed until 2020. I just hope nothing happens to any of our young guns.

Archived