Ukraine

homersapien

the issue in all this is trump promising to give OR withhold aid to Ukraine. that is what i got from everything but no one can prove it without hearing the tape................

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the issue in all this is trump promising to give OR withhold aid to Ukraine. that is what i got from everything but no one can prove it without hearing the tape................

Even if that is proven to be the case why is it a big deal? Do you really think that Presidents of all stripes don't exercise that kind of leverage?

not when they get caught.if what i understand is true offering to give or withhold money to get a political opponent of a different government to investigate something is a huge nono.

53 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Even if that is proven to be the case why is it a big deal? Do you really think that Presidents of all stripes don't exercise that kind of leverage?

So, the truth emerges. 

You don't care even if the facts prove he is guilty. You are perfectly OK with a POTUS leveraging U.S. foreign policy for the purpose of personal political gains, as long as he represents your side. 

And no.  Presidents "of all stripes" do not do such things. Such a "everyone does it" position is nothing more than self-serving nihilism. It's totally immoral.

But, any given president who did do such a thing deserves to be impeached under our constitution, regardless of his "stripes".

That's the difference between me and you cultist sycophants.  I have principles - such as supporting our constitutional rule of law -  whereas you don't. 

You have the same principles as your Dear Leader, which is none.

17 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So he doesn't like Trump and really doesn't like what he is doing politically and foreign policy wise. Same as you.  Doesn't qualify him for Whistleblower.  Politically motivated only. Please stop pretending you know everything that is going on. Especially if all you have is a series of media reports.

Says someone who doesn't yet know any of the facts. :rolleyes:

Hell, Trump and Guiliani have both admitted they broached the subject of investigating Biden with the president of Ukraine.

The transcript should be released.  If the discussions were as innocent as Trump has (also) claimed, there's nothing to hide. Meanwhile, the law of the U.S. requires whistle-blower evidence be presented to Congress.

Squeeze me? Have you listened to ANY of the democrat candidates?  The LEAST of your worries is Trump.

I'll consider the alternatives to Trump at the appropriate time. 

Meanwhile, the fact is we have the most corrupt president in modern history, if not our entire history.  He is a narcissistic psychopath who cares nothing for the country - it's all about him. 

This incident - if true - will provide further proof.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Brother Homer is extremely intelligent. Just ask him if you do not believe me.

He supposedly did well enough to retire in comfort at a relatively young age. For the past 15 or 20 years I think he has hung around this board trying to spread his ideologies.

Basically being a burden and living unproductively as you can see.   

Well, at least I am not waiting on a FEMA check to help reinstate my coastal living lifestyle.

I finally figured out when "America was great" though: 

Back in the 1950's about 5% of hurricane damage was paid for by American taxpayers.  Today, it's about 70%.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, at least I am not waiting on a FEMA check to help reinstate my coastal living lifestyle.

Back in the 1950's about 5% of hurricane damage was paid for by American taxpayers.  Today, it's about 70%.

And under Bernie or Warren it would be 100%

On 9/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, Tiger Sue said:

You call others ignorant while continuously posting articles full of "ifs", "appears", etc. in doing so. It appears you are a big hypocrite.

I post articles that report on what we actually know. 

You - on the other make posts on pure speculation while supporting a corrupt president who who is blocking the lawful release of the information in question.

Assuming you believe in the rule of law, you are the hypocrite.

And you obviously are willfully ignorant - or at least not too smart - if you don't see that.

1 minute ago, Tiger Sue said:

And under Bernie or Warren it would be 100%

More speculation. :-\

I haven't seen anything that would suggest either would support bailing out wealthy people who own beachfront property.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, the truth emerges. ---you post so much burnt baloney you wouldn't know the truth from fake news.

You don't care even if the facts prove he is guilty. You are perfectly OK with a POTUS leveraging U.S. foreign policy for the purpose of personal political gains, as long as he represents your side. ---ah ha, you ASSUME  it is for personal gain. I will just ASSUME his contacts with foreign leaders are for the good of America. Do you have proof otherwise or just blinded by your hate

And no.  Presidents "of all stripes" dyo not do such things. Such a "everyone does it" position is nothing more than self-serving nihilism. It's totally immoral.------you do not know they don't and are naive to believe they don't

But, any given president who did do such a thing deserves to be impeached under our constitution, regardless of his "stripes".---ridiculous. You guys need to give up on impeachment and move on to something constructive

That's the difference between me and you cultist sycophants.  I have principles - such as supporting our constitutional rule of law -  whereas you don't. ---you often demonstrate your hypocrisy and now your narcissism.

You have the same principles as your Dear Leader, which is none.---Your basic principle is hate. Mine is compassion for people like you

1 minute ago, Tiger Sue said:

you post so much burnt baloney you wouldn't know the truth from fake news.\

I have posted nothing which is not legitimate news.  You are a useful fool repeating Trump's "fake news" meme.

ah ha, you ASSUME  it is for personal gain. I will just ASSUME his contacts with foreign leaders are for the good of America. Do you have proof otherwise or just blinded by your hate

Leveraging foreign policy for political gain is personal gain. (Duuuuuuh...) In fact, Trump approaches the presidency from a perspective of personal gain.

you do not know they don't and are naive to believe they don't

BS.  Show me evidence where all presidents leverage foreign policy for personal gain.  It may have happened, but to claim "everyone does it" as cover for Trump is idiotic.

-ridiculous. You guys need to give up on impeachment and move on to something constructive

You're not really into that Constitutional rule of law thing are you?

---you often demonstrate your hypocrisy and now your narcissism.

Pointing out when other people are making obvious fools of themselves on a forum (looking at you) does not constitute narcissism on my part.

-Your basic principle is hate. Mine is compassion for people like you

You are obviously confusing contempt with hate.  (And neither is a "principle" they are emotions, just like "compassion".)

I suppose your appreciation of, and capacity for, "compassion" is what drew you to Trump in the first place? :lmao:

23 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

No you post articles that support what you want to believe. The original OP is a classic example.

Nothing I have posted on this subject is false.  Point it out if you think otherwise.

I do believe that there was a whistle-blower report.

I do believe that the Trump administration is preventing said report from being submitted to Congress (at the time I am writing this).

I do believe there are useful idiots on this forum who are too sycophantic to accept any truth that prejudices Trump.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I do believe there are useful idiots on this forum who are too sycophantic to accept any truth that favors Trump.

Fixed that for you. But I will move on. You are too nasty narcissist to have a civil conversation.

Just now, Tiger Sue said:

Fixed that for you. But I will move on. You are too nasty narcissist to have a civil conversation.

Ah yes, the ole "I fixed it for you" - a sure sign of one's intellectual well running bone dry. :laugh:

And again, my contempt for someone like you hardly means I am a narcissist.  You earned it fair and square. On your own.

OK Mr. Perfect you win. Nothing productive going further. That make you happy? I'm content to let others judge me. Just note I didn't sling little insults like you seem to be unable to resist in most "conversation" you have here.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

America is great Brother Homer. Always has been. "Make Again" was a great campaign slogan.

Even with hateful, stupid, and obviously ignorant post like the above people like me and @NolaAuTiger love you......can't say the same for some others. 

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I post articles that report on what we actually know. 

No you do not. All of your stuff is full of " according to anonymous sources ",  " "uncorroborated",  "maybe", "if"......blah, blah, blah.

President Trump some type of extremely intelligent man to skate on all you guys have drummed up.    

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No you do not. All of your stuff is full of " according to anonymous sources ",  " "uncorroborated",  "maybe", "if"......blah, blah, blah.

President Trump some type of extremely intelligent man to skate on all you guys have drummed up.    

He  won't like this one either. I'm not a tea party person but they are as good as his articles and there may be truth in this. I hope a good investigation to find the truth comes out of all this.

https://www.teaparty.org/former-ukrainian-secret-service-official-leaks-info-on-how-ukraine-funded-clinton-campaign-with-stolen-imf-money-410663/

22 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

Why would leveraging foreign aid for political dirt be a big deal?  Did you really just say that?

200 (1).gif

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:
On 9/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, Tiger Sue said:

Why would leveraging foreign aid for political dirt be a big deal?  Did you really just say that?

Did you think it was a big deal when the Clinton Campaign used a foreign agent to gather dirt on Trump, and then the Obama Administration used that info to start a Counter Intelligence investigation?

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

BS. All I have posted are facts: 

1) There was a whistle blower report.  The Trump administration admits this.

2) It has not been turned over to Congress as the law requires, which is self-evident.

You MAGAs don't recognize facts when they are right in front of you.

Archived