Arkansas post game

Maverick.AU

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice solid win what we expected to see.

Auburn was its hardest opponent today as we saw in the second quarter.

But corrected it have plenty of things to work on for next week.

War Eagle! Great job

Always thrilled with a convincing win, especially on the road. I’m not sure what to even make of it honestly because, man, Arky is really bad. Would love to somehow break this bad streak in Red Stick next week. WDE!

Congratulations to all the Auburn kickers who were part of the NCAA record 304 consecutive made extra points. Nice to see Auburn set the NCAA record in something, even if it is as insignificant as made extra points. For all the let downs Gus has had, at least he has led Auburn to a couple records along the way.

11 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

You just made the most negative comment in here. And way unprovoked. How long did you wait to type this? All day? Why do do you hate the Aufamily forum so badly?

Nice try

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Guess it's time to change that pic

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Never!!

If you change your mind before next week use this one...:)

Screenshot_20191019-154318~2.png

31 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Wonder how bad this board would melt if we were only up 6-0 against Mississippi State in the 2nd quarter 

Silly comparison. If we were averaging 50 points a game and curbstomping everyone, I doubt anyone would be melting down. Our board meltdown as you call it, isnt about the one game. It's about the track record in recent years.

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I think we need to see more of Joey with the first team offense.  I really hate when we start going we kill it by substituting constantly.   We have to quit subbing all the time...call the plays that the team on the field can run...Bo was off in the first half...that won't fly next week.  Killer D.  Don't know why hastings was on the punt returns and fair catching all of them when he had some running room on some...

Florida intentionally slowly substituted against us to run the play clock down while we’re not allowed to snap. This is a product of pigeon holing players into only being able to do certain things. 

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Coe is an elite talent, that has showed some of that on the field. Can’t afford to lose him to Gus’s doghouse 

Coe has done absolutely nothing all season. Whether it is injury related, I dont know, but he's been a no show for 2019.

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Coe has done absolutely nothing all season. Whether it is injury related, I dont know, but he's been a no show for 2019.

It is not.

SETH! SETH! SETH!!!!! He is up to 7 receiving Touchdowns on the year. The Auburn single season record is 12. 6 away from breaking it!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN SETH WILLIAMS EAGLE BAY BAAAAAY!!!!!

7 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

3 solo tackles, 7 assists, no sacks. Yeah it’s not been great. 

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

How many games has he played in? I meant that to say he’s showed in it in his career, but no I don’t remember him doing much this season. He wouldn’t be the first AUB DL to have early frustrations and turn it on later though. It’s a funny story about Marlon I’ve heard from an instructor’s sister that is married to Garner, but let’s just say a different perspective is what awakened this change in him 

25 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

*gasp*

Had to burn a timeout to come up with that brilliant play call.  Priority #1 this week.  Figure out how we can make 3rd (or4th) and short against LSU.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3 solo tackles, 7 assists, no sacks. Yeah it’s not been great. 

the product of Davison and Brown having great seasons and that he best fits into both of those positions.

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

F88F7D79-339F-4E8B-8218-F60AE72E51BB.gif

He’s becoming self aware!

44 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Nice try

No. He is right. I am trying  very hard to be in the middle of the "camps." There is snark all over your initial post plus your reply. You could have been fair and replicated the stereotypical sunshine pumpers' exaggerated comments or interpretation of the truth as well, but I noticed immediately that you didn't. This kind of response makes it impossible for most to enjoy a resounding win, no matter how many "trophies, likes, loves, and ha has" you get. Carry on.

P.S. NO ONE HERE "HATES" GUS. Nice try.

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

The game thread is long, but it gives the play by play of an erratic game with STELLAR moments against an inferior opponent...the how (we won) will always be up for debate...the "that" (we won) is celebrated. 

With no TV I tried to track the game on the game thread.  I couldn't make it through the 2nd quarter due to the naysayers so I just checked the score every 10 minutes.  I also taped the game so I can watch when we get home next week.

23 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

No. He is right. I am trying  very hard to be in the middle of the "camps." There is snark all over your initial post plus your reply. You could have been fair and replicated the stereotypical sunshine pumpers' exaggerated comments or interpretation of the truth as well, but I noticed immediately that you didn't. This kind of response makes it impossible for most to enjoy a resounding win, no matter how many "trophies, likes, loves, and ha has" you get. Carry on.

P.S. NO ONE HERE "HATES" GUS. Nice try.

Thank you Tora.

I, too, am trying to set aside my feelings of the current administration (not always successful) until after the regular season and simply keep it "middle of the road" and enjoy the good things while trying to NOT overreact to the bad.

However, regardless of the attitudes of the "bashers" at least, for the most part, they are at least talking football whether the "pumpers" like their opinions or not.  Unfortunately, so many of the sunshine squad don't even post relevant football info.  They're just here to police the board and bully/shame those who share their dissenting views.  It's like today's politics....ugh!!

If a pumper disagrees with a hater's opinion, how 'bout post some info to support your position instead of just PERSONALLY trashing other posters with your (*GASP*-IRONY ALERT) Hate & Negativity.  It's called discussion and quite often those back & forth's are the most informative & entertaining.  

You know what's NOT entertaining?  Personal attacks on other posters, negativity veiled as "sunshine", passive aggressive attacks instead of being honest & direct, false use of "facts" & statistics, and cowards puffing up their chests behind the safety of the keyboard.

7 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

With no TV I tried to track the game on the game thread.  I couldn't make it through the 2nd quarter due to the naysayers so I just checked the score every 10 minutes.  I also taped the game so I can watch when we get home next week.

PSA for you and others...

As much as I can't stand ESPN in general, they do a great job on their On-Line "Gamecast".  It's usually up to date within a couple plays and is filled with stats, highlight videos, etc.

Archived