How has Gus split the fan base?

GwillMac6

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

If this isn’t harassment, I don’t know what is. I freakin apologized, and I’m now getting personally attacked... I made an assumption. I was wrong. I’m sorry I made it. Move on.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Don’t think you read my post. I apologized. 

I’m upset with the fan base for seeming fickle and having inflated expectations. It just seems like too many fans are dumping on our players and coaches over not even that bad of a loss.

I allowed my frustration to get the better of me and didn’t think carefully before assigning blame. 

But, now I’ve apologized, and you are still going after me. Starting to seem a little personal. It’s a college sports message board dude. There’s no need to get that personal.

You know, I'm usually pretty even keel and try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.  I don't know you, for real, so I'm sure you're a great person and true Auburn man.  I'm sorry but, unfortunately, sometimes there are posters who bring out the worst in me.  This is one of those times.... So congratulations. 

I've got to believe that even YOU know how disingenuous you're being.

"apology"?

To paraphrase your post....."I'm sorry that I'm a better fan than you because I have the diploma and y'all suck, go be bammers" is not an apology.  Remove that first sentence and I'd say the other 99% of your post is your real feelings.  You're not fooling anyone so please just stop and be honest with us....and yourself.

We get it.  You graduated from Auburn so you're superior to us out on the sidewalk wearing our Auburn Tee's.  We should all be bammers.  Gotcha.

How 'bout just stick to talking your superior version of football and keep your "apologies", which are nothing more than passive-aggressive ways to further attack the multitude of posters you're above, to yourself. 

28 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

How 'bout just stick to talking your superior version of football and keep your "apologies", which are nothing more than passive-aggressive ways to further attack the multitude of posters you're above, to yourself. 

Want me handle him for you.buddy?....I'm 65 years old but I think I might have one more "throw down" left in me !!

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

Want me handle him for you.buddy?....I'm 65 years old but I think I might have one more "throw down" left in me !!

Thanks brother but I'm good, LOL!

It is just "sticks & stones" after all, but I appreciate 'ya!

I’ve never understood the argument of graduates vs non-graduates. I am a “sidewalk“ fan who probably loves Auburn more than half the people attending the school right now. Im also probably more knowledgable in Auburn and Auburn history. That’s not a brag, that’s just the point. People come to love Auburn in different ways. As is the case with me, sometimes people were born loving Auburn and weren’t afforded the opportunity to attend no matter how bad they wanted to. That doesn’t mean I’m just an Auburn “sports fan”. I lived in Auburn and frequent there often. I love AUBURN and everything Auburn including ALL sports teams. Personally my favorite sport is football which is why I spend more time invested in Auburn Football. Couldn’t one make the argument that it’s harder to get involved with a school and love it when they haven’t attended a day in their life? Auburn didn’t have to mean anything to me as I’m not, nor is anyone in my family, an alumni but I’m glad that it does because even though I don’t attend it is a HUGE part of my life  

I honestly have never given a s*** what that school across the state is doing. I have expectations for Auburn because I want them to succeed. I want the players who come to Auburn for their chosen sport to succeed. I want the students who attend Auburn for their chosen majors to succeed. I want Auburn University to have the most success alumni base in the country and I’ve honestly never met another Auburn fan, sidewalk or not, who didn’t feel that same way. 

Alrighty guys. Let's get back to the point. If ya wanna throw down, go to the meltdown thread.

The fact is that Joey didn't feel like his potential or time was being used as a value to the team. He decided to leave; I don't know what the hell was said in the meeting(s), but this is a recurring issue at Auburn. It is a problem at most universities though. The difference is QB (player) development and offensive schema (using players to their strengths) progression are issues we've complained about for years. Joey leaving opens up old wounds for a lot around here. I'm one of them, but what the hell do I know about the ins and outs of Auburn activities these days? I'm almost 10+ years removed from the university. What I can say is that bad management and utilization of resources leads to problematic projects. Disgruntled resources lead me to believe that something is very wrong at the management level. That's all I can gather these days. 

The split comes from expectations. Maybe that is unfair for me to want measurable improvement week to week. That's a me problem at this point. I can't control anything more than that. 

17 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Gus doesn't want to win.  He wants to be  right about his offense!

I am a Gus critic but I think you are a little hard on Gus because I dont believe it's a matter of him wanting to be right about the offense but that he does not know how to adjust his offense.  For instance his offense relies on the quarterback making plays which was fine when we had Cam and Nick.  But now we need a system that requires the quarterback to work within a system and not try to win the game.  I think Gus is trying to fit his personnel to his system instead of fitting his system to his personnel because he just doesnt know how to do the latter.  In addition, his system requires heavily on going fast but DC are now shifting making the quarterback make more reads and slowing it down and Gus does not know how to adjust.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's a good question. There's certainly no rational reason to go bonkers because we lost by three points to the nation's #1 team at their place. There are other things to gripe about if griping is one's flavor of choice. The LSU game shouldn't be a tipping point for anybody.

If there is a tipping point, then that only clarifies that the cup is indeed full. Some believe overflowing beyond com ("re") pare. Thank you for confirming what we have continued to resound. 

7 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I am a Gus critic but I think you are a little hard on Gus because I dont believe it's a matter of him wanting to be right about the offense but that he does not know how to adjust his offense.  For instance his offense relies on the quarterback making plays which was fine when we had Cam and Nick.  But now we need a system that requires the quarterback to work within a system and not try to win the game.  I think Gus is trying to fit his personnel to his system instead of fitting his system to his personnel because he just doesnt know how to do the latter.  In addition, his system requires heavily on going fast but DC are now shifting making the quarterback make more reads and slowing it down and Gus does not know how to adjust.

I would like to give the benefit of the doubt, but for most rational people, when you don't know, you ask. In a data-driven world, stats don't lie even if scores mask. So to have no clue to need to ask, or to refuse to listen if one gives reasonable input on correcting the stats that match your field of "expertise"...where do you go with that? 

On 10/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, oracle79 said:

Take away 4 things and he's a minimum 4 loss per year coach (in his best years) and never sniffs a national championship/playoff game.

1. Cam

2. Marshal

3. Prayer in Jordan Hare

4. Kick Six

It ain't 50/50. More like 90/10. I can't explain or fathom what the 10 fantasize about.

Are you seriously evaluating a head coach based on removing the starting QB for three seasons and then pretending two key wins just didn't happen?     

WDE!

1 hour ago, Scottie said:

Alrighty guys. Let's get back to the point. If ya wanna throw down, go to the meltdown thread.

In fairness, we were all just using visual aids to demonstrate the chasm Gus has created.

;)

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

I would like to give the benefit of the doubt, but for most rational people, when you don't know, you ask. In a data-driven world, stats don't lie even if scores mask. So to have no clue to need to ask, or to refuse to listen if one gives reasonable input on correcting the stats that match your field of "expertise"...where do you go with that? 

Tora, you make me wanna be smarter!

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

There is no one on staff to ask.  Dillingham is a kid with little experience, Grimes does not know crap.   This lack of experience is all of Gus making but I believe he just preferred to align himself with a staff that he felt comfortable with.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:25 PM, GwillMac6 said:

But truly it seems like it is split 50/50 down the middle and I for one am baffled at it.

You mean there are folks STILL on the bus??

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

There is no one on staff to ask.  Dillingham is a kid with little experience, Grimes does not know crap.   This lack of experience is all of Gus making but I believe he just preferred to align himself with a staff that he felt comfortable with.

Cadillac is that you?  Finally someone on the staff with stones enough to tell the truth.  You should probably find the exit door yourself.  You were probably sold a box of tricks too.

The term sidewalk alumni is a pejorative, pure and simple, and shows a lack of respect for those who are not alumni of AU.  I think it is shameful to use that term.  And FWIW, I am an alumnus of AU. 

16 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Tora, you make me wanna be smarter!

Me too, hell, I had to read twice because I was too stupid to comprehend it one the first read. Tora, don't write so smart, old dumbasses like me have too much trouble with it

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

You mean there are folks STILL on the bus??

Mikey and AU64. I think abw still has his Gus Bus ticket too

19 minutes ago, tw4au said:

Here is our coach:

gus malzahn.JPG

I am going as BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE to a Halloween party tomorrow night. Here is a sneak peak of my costume !!!! lol 

qewew.jpg

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You graduated from Auburn so you're superior to us out on the sidewalk wearing our Auburn Tee's.  We should all be bammers.  Gotcha.

If it evens things out I graduated from Auburn twice and think that I suck way worse than you.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

If it evens things out I graduated from Auburn twice and think that I suck way worse than you.

No, you sir.....

....are a gentleman and a scholar! 

:cheers:

4 hours ago, Carnell said:

He is HERE for his offense, he is paid a King's ransom for his offense.  

I have said for many years, the man is in over his head for a job of this level in this conference.  He knows he will never have a position like this ever again.

He doubled down on himself, he is all in this season.  So far what we've seen is the same ol stuff from him.  People wanted to believe, they wanted the change he promised.  

Archived