Sexton asks Greene for a contract extension for Gus

caleb1633

5 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

There is a huge difference between suggesting to Gus that he needs to do certain things and trying to force him to do certain things. That difference means that AU needs to get out its checkbook. Right now the, just for Gus, is $26 + million, in total. 

Folks need to quit trying to scheme up ways to try to break his contract.  Those are a complete waste of time. Besides, if one wants to get rid of someone, man up, look them in the eye and say we have decided to go in a different direction.  That is never a pleasant conversation, but no self-respecting person should ever attempt underhanded tactics to pull the plug on someone. 

Yep, big boys and girls on the BOT approved this contract they will have to honor it.  

Can you imagine the belly laughing going on in Jay Jacobs office right now?  He is sitting back chucking at this, no doubt.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, keesler said:

Pray tell, how does an Administration stop a Head Coach from meddling in his own program?  Does the AD actually physically have to attend every meeting, team practice, game planning session to monitor the HC to make sure he has zero input in his the players he recruited?  Does the AD go on recruiting visits and ride the recruiting trail non-stop? Does the AD act as a hall monitor on the sideline when the HC tries to call a time out or make an important HC decision when the game is on the line?

3gugzy.jpg

13 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Phil & Ron both believe Gus will be back next year from what ive heard! it doesn't seem that JG Tate agrees though

I did find this from Phil today

"What matters now is getting all the facets of Auburn football pulling in the same direction. Doing that starts with the head coach......does not come naturally for hm. Its not OK when hes losing 4-5 games a year.

Auburn beat two no. 1 teams and went to the SEC Championship game in 2017 with Chip Lindsey calling the plays, but in 2018, Malzahn was involved again

Last December there was a move by powerful boosters to make a change They almost pulled it off,

Assistant coaches became frustrated by Malzahns insistence on controlling everything on offense, from who is recruited, to who plays and how much on every position, to even what drills are run. Some left, some were asked to leave. Theire unhappiness did not stay within the walls of the athletics complex. The defense was great. the offense was great against bad teams, not so much against good teams.

Its up to powerful people....if they don't get it right and get Auburn people together again, Auburn football could find itself in a dark place

take what you will from that ^ but to me he doesn't sound as sure as he once did about Gus returning for next year

A lot of subliminal messaging going on with Phil thoughts.  When he says "What matters now is getting all the facets of Auburn football pulling in the same direction“ What really means is rowing the boat in same direction.

When he states: Doing that starts with the head coach It means we need a coach that can change the culture so that everybody will row the boat in the same direction.

His conclusion is the final subliminal message when he states: Its up to powerful people....if they don't get it right and get Auburn people together again, Auburn football could find itself in a dark place It means powerful people know that rowing the boat in the  same direction will prevent Auburn Football from finding a dark place.  It is obvious to me P. J. Fleck will be our new coach for next year.  Take it to the bank.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

A lot of subliminal messaging going on with Phil thoughts.  When he says "What matters now is getting all the facets of Auburn football pulling in the same direction“ What really means is rowing the boat in same direction.

When he states: Doing that starts with the head coach It means we need a coach that can change the culture so that everybody will row the boat in the same direction.

His conclusion is the final subliminal message when he states: Its up to powerful people....if they don't get it right and get Auburn people together again, Auburn football could find itself in a dark place It means powerful people know that rowing the boat in the  same direction will prevent Auburn Football from finding a dark place.  It is obvious to me P. J. Fleck will be our new coach for next year.  Take it to the bank.

As sound of a reasoning as anything else that has been said to this point. I think you're on to something here lol

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no question that AU is a great job and is a sleeping giant.  We need a coach who can win like a top 6 paid coach should win. 

I would take Fleck in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

giphy.gif

Archived