Sexton asks Greene for a contract extension for Gus

caleb1633

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not at all.  It's classic Sexton.  Another job opens up where his client may be interested in going/have his name in the running.  So he approaches the current school about an extension or threatens that the coach may leave.  It's worked for Sexton for years.

I just love that if it's true, AG had the sack to say no.  Past admins wouldn't have.

I think it unfolded more like this....Gus expected to beat uga and saw the big recruiting weekends of uga and bama coming up so he wanted to minimize the negative recruiting so he calls up Sexton to put out a feeler for more "assurance" from the ADAG.

Greene shot it down and Gus got pissy.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tough crowd. the person that started this thread was doing nothing more than trying to keep the board informed of possible new events concerning gus. he never said it was true but to take it for what it is worth.         

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

tough crowd. the person that started this thread was doing nothing more than trying to keep the board informed of possible new events concerning gus. he never said it was true but to take it for what it is worth.         

Logic and reason have no place in an internet college football forum.

9 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Logic and reason have no place in an internet college football forum.

i know. i have no idea who caleb is but i believe all he was trying to do was share some maybe hot news with his forum brothers. i certainly will not attack him.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Offer him a lifetime contract with no buyout salary of $3.5m for 7 wins, $4m for 8 wins, $5m for 9 wins, $7m for 10 wins, $8m for SEC title, and throw in a $2m bonus for National Championship.  If he loves Auburn as much as the rest of us do he would take it. 

sounds good but i dont think that motivates gus....  and its not like gus will change his tune. 

here is a couple of statements from the rant on this subject.

People are exploding about it on the bunker. Supposedly JG Tate confirmed the rumor and said the original poster shouldn’t have posted it. Someone said Kevin Steele would be our HC and TWill would be DC and gosh dang Bobby Pretrino would be our OC. I’ve came to the realization of not believing any sort of rumor especially from the bunker.

this last statement is closer to the truth........

There are discussions, but do not know about an extension.

Some people will believe and post anything. It's the alternate IOT......thing....:).

Note:  From the well experienced...."don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see"

13 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

This rumor made it over to ITAT/AUC and Phillip Marshall shut it down pretty fast.

Yeah Phillip is really plugged in I hear . Not being smart . Phillip Marshall gets on my nerves 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i know. i have no idea who caleb is but i believe all he was trying to do was share some maybe hot news with his forum brothers. i certainly will not attack him.

Exactly. I don't have any inside connections about this. It was just something I heard and thought was interesting, whether it's true or not. Discussion forums literally exist for the purpose of discussing both confirmed and speculative information. I think we forget that sometimes.

People are exploding about it on the bunker. Supposedly JG Tate confirmed the rumor and said the original poster shouldn’t have posted it. Someone said Kevin Steele would be our HC and TWill would be DC and gosh dang Bobby Pretrino would be our OC. I’ve came to the realization of not believing any sort of rumor especially from the bunker.

Petrino our OC..no way I believe that. Thanks for the info though fifty!

I don't believe it happened, but I couldn't blame Slippin' Jimmy for giving it a try. 

The PTB idiots fell hard for it last time and Gus' stock is likely as high as it will ever be from here on out...

if you are referring to SECrant or tigerdroppings as its most commonly called! they sure as hell aren't reliable when it comes to info I remember a handful over there promising james franklin would be our next hc in 2012 and when it didn't happen they couldn't explain why

Tate has said he does not believe Gus will be back next year he believes the bot will work to get rid of him somehow again I don't really listen to Tate much so have no idea how reliable. but im guessing there is atleast some sort of rumblings for him to say something along those lines

It's funny to me when Auburn fans hear something that sounds unlikely and just assume that it's not true.

I'd like to know one single season- shoot, month- in the last 30 years where something weird didn't happen to, with, in, or near Auburn football. 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Yeah Phillip is really plugged in I hear . Not being smart . Phillip Marshall gets on my nerves 

I truly believe all of our beat writers Tate, Marshall, Marcello. Mathews, etc really love Auburn. but perhaps sometimes its best for them to lay low and tick a lock . wasnt phil and Marcello last year that first reported on gus agreeing to a reduced buyout, but in the end none of that was true?

4 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

I truly believe all of our beat writers Tate, Marshall, Marcello. Mathews, etc really love Auburn. but perhaps sometimes its best for them to lay low and tick a lock . wasnt phil and Marcello last year that first reported on gus agreeing to a reduced buyout, but in the end none of that was true?

That reduced buyout thing was such nonsense. Legitimately made no sense for him to take a paycut just to stay. 

12 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Moon made it all up.

15 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

I’m not sure , Marcelo and Marshall are just really tough to listen to. The AU beat needs some fire 🔥 

Archived