Iron bowl visitor thread

ellitor

News is tonight Tank after the win has chosen to shut his recruiting down and not go back to Athens.  It seems the win and the atmosphere sealed the deal

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, CR said:

Javion Cohen must be devastated tonight. His favorite school lost to the school hes "committed" to.

He’s silly to not lock himself down. Has a chance to play immediately.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Has a chance to play immediately.

Not really. Our starting OTs will be 2 of the Jucos, Hamm, and/or Troxell.

1 hour ago, CR said:

That was seriously one of the most insane games Ive ever seen. Any of about 10 plays would've usually been the highlight of a game.

Yep! We turned on the TV or Went to expecting an SEC game but a Big 12 game broke out. LOL

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not really. Our starting OTs will be 2 of the Jucos, Hamm, and/or Troxell.

Still an open competition. We have JUCO and Grad Transfers who don’t contribute much. Regardless, great game for Auburn and I bet the recruits had a blast. 

2 hours ago, lost said:

News is tonight Tank after the win has chosen to shut his recruiting down and not go back to Athens.  It seems the win and the atmosphere sealed the deal

All per Keith

• Like 1

First I’ve heard of us recruiting Dallas Walker. DT is the most important position in this recruiting class IMO. Does this new development mean anything for the recruitment of Omari Thomas, McKinnley Jackson, or Josiah Hayes? Who is top priority out of this group?

35 minutes ago, AUtigers2324 said:

First I’ve heard of us recruiting Dallas Walker. DT is the most important position in this recruiting class IMO. Does this new development mean anything for the recruitment of Omari Thomas, McKinnley Jackson, or Josiah Hayes? Who is top priority out of this group?

We’ve been after Dallas Walker for a long time. I just never posted on it because we didn’t gain any traction on him until the past few weeks. Omari Thomas is all Tennessee. Shouldn’t mean anything with Jackson. I’m not sure on Josiah Hayes as he’s kind of a new target. Top priority is Jackson. But Auburn does like Walker a lot and always has. Auburn plans to take up to two more DTs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Any updates on Cohen?

The game didn't sway him. Still 50/50 between AU & Bama & still OVing Bama next weekend.

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Any other non Juco OTs in play?

3* OT Jordan Williams (GT)
3* OT Brady Ward

More names could pop up.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

The game didn't saw him. Still 50/50 between AU & Bama & still OVing Bama next weekend.

3* OT Jordan Williams (GT)
3* OT Brady Ward

More names could pop up.

Any chance of pulling Broderick the 5 star uga commit? Seems like I remember he would come for an official. Open spots at both tackle positions for us and a spot open once Cohen flips to Bama 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

We’ve been after Dallas Walker for a long time. I just never posted on it because we didn’t gain any traction on him until the past few weeks. Omari Thomas is all Tennessee. Shouldn’t mean anything with Jackson. I’m not sure on Josiah Hayes as he’s kind of a new target. Top priority is Jackson. But Auburn does like Walker a lot and always has. Auburn plans to take up to two more DTs.

I’m hoping to pull Omari like we did Hardy! Tenn fans would completely melt 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 1:56 PM, GwillMac6 said:

AND I think he is talking about Greg Brown! lol. the 5 star forward from Austin, Texas. Jalen Green is from Napa Valley. but DAMN I wish Jalen Green was visiting this weekend!

I'm colorblind so brown/green, it's all the same to me. :)

Edited by gr82be

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

Any chance of pulling Broderick the 5 star uga commit? Seems like I remember he would come for an official. Open spots at both tackle positions for us and a spot open once Cohen flips to Bama 

Highly unlikely. I think he came 2 weeks ago just to see UGA play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

I’m hoping to pull Omari like we did Hardy! Tenn fans would completely melt 

Omari will be a much tougher pull. And I'm not sure he's higher on the staff's board than Jackson & Walker right now.

1 hour ago, AU82 said:

Eric Reed was here on an official visit.  It’s reported that Luke is out at Ole Miss. How are we looking with Reed ?

Not sure he's a take. We are taking 1 more CB in the class & Brian George is the top priority.