"Shivers is too small..."

Barnacle

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. That's why I was so happy the play went down the way it did. Just to let everybody know I've been here the entire time

Yup. His fan club grew over the summer but only the real ones stuck with him through the season.

If you're Mav and Bird is Goose (heh), can I be Iceman?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2019 at 9:38 AM, Barnacle said:

FTR, I don't think Flash scores on that play. Hell, I don't know if anyone else on our roster scores there except for Shivers. 

I agree 100%. You can see him setting it up for the first down marker when he makes his cut. But that hit was phenomenal. He, along with others have to get more touches in Bowl Game and all next year. Worm's play, Herring's and Canella's clutch catches & of course, the pass broken up by D. Brown are the type of plays that we never seemed to make in other big games this year.

Worm is fearsome. This was a perfect play for him. It gave him time to get up his speed and turn the corner going north and south. At that point he became a human projectile with no fear for his body. If you step in his way your are subjecting yourself to some intense pain. He is much easier handled before he gets up to speed or going lateral. In regular  formation I might even set him back an additional two yards behind the QB to give him time to get up speed. He also has great balances and because of his lower body frame he is also hard to wrap up and can bounce of the would be tacklers.

22 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Looked like the same play that got under thrown to him on 4th down against UGA too. 

Yep..the guys need to work on that. Or use the play, but change the receiver, just so it isn't "broadcast" to the Defense. I personally am appreciative, for the most part, for everything CGM does for Auburn and Auburn Football. However, regardless of all those positive things, if someone could get him to quit his "tendencies" to broadcast his offensive plays with specific personnel, we would probably all be better for it.

22 hours ago, doverstutts said:

With schwartz getting hurt, Gus HAD to use him where he is best: open space....he can't consistently run between the tackles, but he can be used in the slot, as a speed back and kick returner....it took gus long enough ....the TD run was epic.....he knocked his damned helmet off!!!!!

Hopefully, CGM will see the light due to the changes in players he had to use Saturday due to the injuries. Another example of having to "use" another player was the 2-point conversion to Shedrick Jackson. Play was executed and Bo and Jackson made it happen.

21 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Xavier McKinney was in great position to make the play...but got "Shivered" instead. 

Shivered.jpg

I may be overstating, but I think the image above may eventually get equal billing to "Bo Over The Top." It is surreal AND it was the game winner.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:18 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Whitlow is Teflon at this point. He was fantastic when he wasn’t fumblin or fighting but damn. It can never just be “Whitlow did his thing”

If Bigsby does come this spring, and gets on the SC, picks up the O and gets right on the pass pro, Boobie's fumbling butt will get fewer and fewer carries next season, because TBigs is for real

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. His fan club grew over the summer but only the real ones stuck with him through the season.

As long as you let me be your wing man every now and then sounds good to me!

56 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

If Bigsby does come this spring, and gets on the SC, picks up the O and gets right on the pass pro, Boobie's fumbling butt will get fewer and fewer carries next season, because TBigs is for real

I am really torn on Boobee. I thought he would turn the corner this year and he did make some plays, but his hands are an issue. I think DJ is the best back on the roster along with Worm, and I agree with Tank and MAR being healthy next year Boobee may be demoted to 3rd string. 

I also wonder if Gus will still give Boobee the majority of reps though due to how he never pulled him after a fumble which is a Gus anomaly. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am really torn on Boobee. I thought he would turn the corner this year and he did make some plays, but his hands are an issue. I think DJ is the best back on the roster along with Worm, and I agree with Tank and MAR being healthy next year Boobee may be demoted to 3rd string. 

I also wonder if Gus will still give Boobee the majority of reps though due to how he never pulled him after a fumble which is a Gus anomaly. 

Fumble, dropped pass for a first down and maybe more, dumb penalty... Dude was a one man band of mistakes that other guys get crucified for. 

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fumble, dropped pass for a first down and maybe more, dumb penalty... Dude was a one man band of mistakes that other guys get crucified for. 

the reason? He is our best overall back...period. All the others have limitations physically or from an experience level (DJ).

The main problem i have is he seems like he will always be hurt, even if he doesn't get overused. 

3 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

People that have called Shivers too small become people like McKinney....picking pieces of their pride off the ground along with their helmet.

Who are these so-called fans calling Shaun too small? Have they never heard of Lionel "Little Train" from 81-83? 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

B856A021-D64C-4952-8EA3-871B2DAEF912.gif

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

the reason? He is our best overall back...period. All the others have limitations physically or from an experience level (DJ).

The main problem i have is he seems like he will always be hurt, even if he doesn't get overused. 

Adding "injury prone" to all the issues he displayed the other night is not how I'd go about making the case for him being our most complete back.

Also, not sure what physical limitations you're talking about, other than Miller being slow.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Adding "injury prone" to all the issues he displayed the other night is not how I'd go about making the case for him being our most complete back.

Also, not sure what physical limitations you're talking about, other than Miller being slow.

I think whitlow is a good back but ... all the things you said.  Plus I think he can be tentative too often.  Example ... his first run was nice but he ran out of bounds.  It’s the iron bowl!  If he goes up field and trucks the field aide defender, I bet he falls forward for 4 more yards.

i will say I thought he was better than DJ on Saturday, who I really like.

regarding favoritism ... one of the many things you and I have agreed over the years ... gus’s bizarre personnel usage.  Was A little better this year, except for gatewood.

8 hours ago, doverstutts said:

He may be but you're just talking now

12 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Yeah but that’s what we said about DJ, who may not be the headlining guy Tank is, but he was still a stud prospect. I think Boobie does all the things aside from fumbling (and maybe when to juke/hesitate vs when you shouldn’t) very well. He’s have good, not great hands, generally good at fighting for extra yards, locker room leader, battery for the offense. I don’t think he’s the best option for this system, because his legs just aren’t going to allow him to be beat the way Gus requires and he doesn’t have the vision to be elite behind this paltry OL, but he’s overall good and Gus sees that. 

Now if Tank blows him out the water and steals the job, I’m all for it. I’m satisfied with a Boobie, but I’d be fine if a 5 star wunderkind came along too.

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

wrong, an expert like you ought to have picked that up....all you have to do is look

No I'm not wrong, you're a funny guy. You don't trick anybody with your little roles tho. I won't ever apologize for being right tho, you can hate it all you want

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You can be Charlie

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

He may be but you're just talking now

31 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

wrong, an expert like you ought to have picked that up....all you have to do is look

Actual vs potential

Archived