True to my word

doverstutts

Before the season started, I said that if GM won 8 regular season games with this schedule, a rookie QB, and an damned awful OL, I would get off him for one year and if he won more than 8, I would get off him forever. Well hells bells, he won 9! I am not on the bus, nor will I ever get on it because he can't be trusted, but I am finished with the criticism as much as pains me. He is an average coach with streaks of luck or brilliance, but he will never be able to overcome himself. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and I am an honorable and truthful old fart, so I said it, I meant it, and now I'll hold to it.

I do warn you if you jump back on the bus, GM is not going to change. He believes himself to be the smartest man in room and until he learns to hire great coaches and trust both ,them ,and the players  to do their jobs, he will always a detriment to himself, and AU. The guy can be a great coach if he will just re-evaluate his approach to his offensive schemes. All other aspects of his ability to be an SEC HC are right where they need to be. 

So, even though I think AU can do better, I guess I'll just take things as they are and just throw rocks at cars to vent my anger when he screws up again, probably with the whirlybird in the bowl game and keep the vile thoughts in my head. Seeing Saban during and after the game merited GM a few more years just based on that

LOL....I appreciate what you did there. You used the Ole' "I am not going to bash Gus or criticize Gus anymore" Thread to actually criticize Gus. LMAO. 

"No more after this post saying no more"!!!!!1

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

I'll just take things as they are and just throw rocks at cars to vent my anger 

Geez man don't get in trouble with John Law over Gus he ain't worth it!

1 hour ago, musicitytiger said:

Good healthy approach.  When I see Gus doing Gus things, I just put on some camo and hit the woods.  

Thinking the resi of us might benefit from the same although having firearms while seething over a Gus fiasco might not be a good idea??

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

LOL....I appreciate what you did there. You used the Ole' "I am not going to bash Gus or criticize Gus anymore" Thread to actually criticize Gus. LMAO. 

"No more after this post saying no more"!!!!!1

He has actually said multiple times this season he was done posting on this side of the forum and then continues to post 5 minutes later.  I wouldn’t take him for his word.  

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Before the season started, I said that if GM won 8 regular season games with this schedule, a rookie QB, and an damned awful OL, I would get off him for one year and if he won more than 8, I would get off him forever. Well hells bells, he won 9! I am not on the bus, nor will I ever get on it because he can't be trusted, but I am finished with the criticism as much as pains me.

Next sentence (I'm not sure he knows what the phrase "finished with" means):

He is an average coach with streaks of luck or brilliance, but he will never be able to overcome himself.

13 minutes ago, screwtape said:

Next sentence (I'm not sure he knows what the phrase "finished with" means):

What did he say that isn't true?

13 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

What did he say that isn't true?

It's not a matter of what he said being true or untrue....It' s the fact he says he is done criticizing Gus ....AS he criticizes Gus lol.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

It's not a matter of what he said being true or untrue....It' s the fact he says he is done criticizing Gus ....AS he criticizes Gus lol.

Cut him a break, it’s like going on a diet tomorrow so you get to eat anything you want today.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Exactly. It's like making an announcement that you're not going to opine on which BBQ meat is better or worst, even though pulled pork is clearly the best.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Cut him a break, it’s like going on a diet tomorrow so you get to eat anything you want today.

I find it funny. I gave him props in my first response. It makes me skeptical of the validity of the OP, but we will see!

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

I really didn't mean to be critical of GM....Consider it to be like stopping smoking....it takes a while before the urge goes away

It's all in good fun, bud.

Oh! This should be fun!

Dover, are you kidding me?!?  

Gus IS the smartest man in the room!  

Look how he tore apart Oregon and uat! His brilliance is just getting ready to take off!  

Expecting next year and the years beyond starting the longest 10+ winning streak in AU history.

I think by your silence, we can assume you are on The Bus!

He's the best coach ever!!

:poke:

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I find it funny. I gave him props in my first response. It makes me skeptical of the validity of the OP, but we will see!

I agree, diets are hard to sick to.

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Oh! This should be fun!

Dover, are you kidding me?!?  

Gus IS the smartest man in the room!  

Look how he tore apart Oregon and uat! His brilliance is just getting ready to take off!  

Expecting next year and the years beyond starting the longest 10+ winning streak in AU history.

I think by your silence, we can assume you are on The Bus!

He's the best coach ever!!

:poke:

You trying to bait me, ain'tcha?...I should have made it clear, I was talking about criticizing him on message boards....Sitting in my living room?....nodda damn chance

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

He believes himself to be the smartest man in room and until he learns to hire great coaches and trust both ,them ,and the players  to do their jobs, he will always a detriment to himself, and AU.

I can only think of 2 coaches where an upgrade is necessary: o-line and WR. And in fairness to Kodi, his unit is playing better and better. I believe he’s done better this year trusting players too. The RB rotation has been much better and he’s started a true freshman Qb all year and hasn’t exactly limited the playbook with him. 

Archived