Be happy we're still winning!

tgrogan21

I know it's early and I know that our schedule isn't as hard as it was last year but if you've been watching any college basketball this year, you should be very happy that we're still undefeated. Another #1 team just lost as well as the #4 team. There are only 6 undefeated teams left in all of D1 and Auburn is one of them. AND Butler is down by nine early in their game so it could be 5 very soon. This team is playing above expectations and I'm enjoying every singe minute of it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who's been upset?

Never said anyone was upset, just that we should be happy and enjoy them being undefeated. Two very different things.

10 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I know it's early and I know that our schedule isn't as hard as it was last year but if you've been watching any college basketball this year, you should be very happy that we're still undefeated. Another #1 team just lost as well as the #4 team. There are only 6 undefeated teams left in all of D1 and Auburn is one of them. AND Butler is down by nine early in their game so it could be 5 very soon. This team is playing above expectations and I'm enjoying every singe minute of it.

Indeed

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

? Ok

It's not that hard to understand. A lot of good teams are getting beat by unranked opponents. I'm just saying we should be happy that we're still undefeated since we're doing what a lot of teams can't do.

20 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's not that hard to understand. A lot of good teams are getting beat by unranked opponents. I'm just saying we should be happy that we're still undefeated since we're doing what a lot of teams can't do.

I understand WHAT you are saying, I was confused how or the timing of it. I'm no authority or anything so I'm sure it's no sweat off your back one way or the other I was just asking. You seem to be defensive about it for whatever reason and I'm not wanting to argue or anything so I'm saying ok. No problems here

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm happy.......................that I woke up today....................................and also AU is undefeated

Yep...not even Christmas yet and there are only 3 undefeated teams left in the top 25....AU being one of them along with Ohio State and San Diego State.

The blue bloods usually play some pretty stout opponents in pre-season but this year most of them have their losses  to some teams who were definitely not in their class.    AU dodged a bullet in Mobile....or could have been in the same situation. 

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep...not even Christmas yet and there are only 3 undefeated teams left in the top 25....AU being one of them along with Ohio State and San Diego State.

The blue bloods usually play some pretty stout opponents in pre-season but this year most of them have their losses  to some teams who were definitely not in their class.    AU dodged a bullet in Mobile....or could have been in the same situation. 

Very true, but we pulled out the win. Furman was also rough and despite us having a bad night shooting the ball, we managed to comeback and get that win as well. The team will learn from games like that though and it is also very humbling to come out of a close game like that, against that competition with the victory. It teaches players to not overlook anyone and to go out and give 100% against every opponent every game.

We've not come close to our peak, but we're winning. 

Duke lost to SFA and Kentucky lost to Evansville. Watching those games, their players just seemed to accept it. We continued to fight during our close calls. Love this team!

Just keep winning!  So glad they are doing that.  The Furman game was UUUUUUUUGLY!!!!  But it was a win!  This team still has A LOT of improving to do, and it's so much more fun to improve while you're undefeated!

For comparison sake, our strength of schedule so far is 45th in the county and 2nd in the SEC only to Florida. Ohio St is the only undefeated team with a more difficult schedule with a SOS of 11, San Diego St is 56, Duquesne is 249, and Liberty is 311.

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

For comparison sake, our strength of schedule so far is 45th in the county and 2nd in the SEC only to Florida. Ohio St is the only undefeated team with a more difficult schedule with a SOS of 11, San Diego St is 56, Duquesne is 249, and Liberty is 311.

45 is pretty good IMO. I’m honestly surprised it is that high. Feeling even better about being undefeated now thanks! 😀

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

45 is pretty good IMO. I’m honestly surprised it is that high. Feeling even better about being undefeated now thanks! 😀

Pearl did a great job with the OOC schedule.

Furman will compete for their conference title Preseason #3.

Davidson will compete for their conference title Preseason #2 A-10.

St. Louis preseason #5 in a multi-bid conference A-10.

New Mexico will compete for their conference title Preseason #3.

South Alabama is predicted 2nd in the Sun Belt.

Colgate is predicted to win the Patriot League.

NC State is predicted to make the NCAA Tournament.

Lipscomb is coming off of a great season. Went to the final of the NIT.  

The SEC has improved the last few seasons. Even with a few early season losses, there will be plenty of top 15-50 wins to get in conference. Getting these RPI booster games against teams with the potential to win 20+ games is great scheduling!

Wofford is about to beat North Carolina. Before this game, Wofford had not had a win against a D1 opponent that had a .500 or better record. Their 6 wins are against 2 non D1's, a 1 win High Point, a winless Maryland Eastern Shore, a 1 win North Carolina Central, and a 2 win Gardner-Webb.

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Wofford is about to beat North Carolina. Before this game, Wofford had not had a win against a D1 opponent that had a .500 or better record. Their 6 wins are against 2 non D1's, a 1 win High Point, a winless Maryland Eastern Shore, a 1 win North Carolina Central, and a 2 win Gardner-Webb.

Cole Anthony, the entire heart of their team, is out for a while, but it’s still a crazy upset. Crazy season too 

Looks like our boys beat the soul out of the Tarheels and are having a hard time knowing what to do with themselves :devil:

We've had some ugly games thanks to the layoffs between games, but after watching a good bit of college basketball in December, I have to say it is fugly game after fugly game after fugly game. I watch a top 10 team and think, no way are they a top 10 team. Then the next game is worse. Everyone has Santa on their minds I guess. 😜

Archived