Bipartisanship - Democrat style

Tigermike

Bipartisanship at work: "The man's father is a wonderful human being. I think this guy is a loser. I think President Bush is doing a bad job." -- Senator Reid on Bush 41 and 43

Bipartisanship at work: "The man's father is a wonderful human being. I think this guy is a loser. I think President Bush is doing a bad job." -- Senator Reid on Bush 41 and 43

159394[/snapback]

How about giving equal time to the rest of the story, Mike.

159394[/snapback]

159410[/snapback]

Go right ahead Al, it's a free country.

159394[/snapback]

159410[/snapback]

159415[/snapback]

Come on, Tigermike, show everyone how big you are and give us the rest of the story. You claim to be a 'fair and balanced' kind of guy. Put your money where your mouth is.

159394[/snapback]

159410[/snapback]

159415[/snapback]

Come on, Tigermike, show everyone how big you are and give us the rest of the story. You claim to be a 'fair and balanced' kind of guy. Put your money where your mouth is.

159424[/snapback]

I am not hiding anything Al, I provided a quote, plain and simple. Did I not quote him correctly Al?

If he didn't mean what he said let us know. If he was saying one thing and meaning another let us know Al.

159394[/snapback]

159410[/snapback]

159415[/snapback]

159424[/snapback]

I am not hiding anything Al, I provided a quote, plain and simple. Did I not quote him correctly Al?

If he didn't mean what he said let us know. If he was saying one thing and meaning another let us know Al.

159426[/snapback]

Come on, Tigermike...you're better than this. I didn't say you were hiding anything or misquoting. Tell the rest of the story. Be big.

Here is the rest of the story Al, "it is a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most."

Here is the rest of the story Al, "it is a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most."

159428[/snapback]

This is what I have come to expect from some of our less mature posters, not from you. It's pretty crappy that someone like you feels the need to score cheap points like this and then play dumb about it. Come on, Mike, do the right thing. Tell us the rest of the story.

Is this what you are begging for Al. I suppose since Reid apologized all is OK, is that what you are wanting to get out? All those wife beaters always apologize profusely, don't they Al. I guess they mean it and should be forgiven and their behavior overlooked.

Did he apologize in front of the students? No he left and called the White House to apologize.

That apology was nothing but crocodile tears and PR spin. You know it and all who read about it know it.

Reid Calls Bush 'A Loser,' Then Apologizes

By CHRISTINA ALMEIDA, Associated Press Writer Sat May 7, 9:23 AM ET

LAS VEGAS - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid called

President Bush "a loser" during a civics discussion with a group of teenagers at a high school on Friday.

"The man's father is a wonderful human being," Reid, D-Nev., told students at Del Sol High School when asked about the president's policies. "I think this guy is a loser."

Shortly after the event Reid called the White House to apologize, his spokeswoman Tessa Hafen said. Reid spoke with Bush adviser Karl Rove, asking him to convey the apology to Bush, who was traveling in Europe.

The Nevada Democrat expressed "regret for the comments, that it was inappropriate," Hafen said. Reid was giving a late speech in Salt Lake City and was unavailable for comment, she said.  (That most surely make it all OK)

Asked for comment, a White House spokeswoman referred to a statement issued by the Republican National Committee. RNC spokesman Brian Jones called Reid's statement "a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most."

Reid visited the school to discuss Congress and the debate over judicial filibusters. He repeated that the Senate will be brought to a standstill if Republicans change the rules regarding filibusters to hasten the approval of Bush's judicial nominees.

Hafen said Reid told the teenagers that if Republicans change the filibuster rules, then they can "no longer count on Senator Reid working with them on the president's agenda."

Reid's comments were first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal on its Web site.

link

He apologized...but we saw how he really felt from the onset...he apologized because he knew he was gonna get called out about it.

Is this what you are begging for Al.  I suppose since Reid apologized all is OK, is that what you are wanting to get out?  All those wife beaters always apologize profusely, don't they Al.  I guess they mean it and should be forgiven and their behavior overlooked.

Did he apologize in front of the students?  No he left and called the White House to apologize.

That apology was nothing but crocodile tears and PR spin.  You know it and all who read about it know it. 

Reid Calls Bush 'A Loser,' Then Apologizes

By CHRISTINA ALMEIDA, Associated Press Writer Sat May 7, 9:23 AM ET

LAS VEGAS - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid called

President Bush "a loser" during a civics discussion with a group of teenagers at a high school on Friday.

"The man's father is a wonderful human being," Reid, D-Nev., told students at Del Sol High School when asked about the president's policies. "I think this guy is a loser."

Shortly after the event Reid called the White House to apologize, his spokeswoman Tessa Hafen said. Reid spoke with Bush adviser Karl Rove, asking him to convey the apology to Bush, who was traveling in Europe.

The Nevada Democrat expressed "regret for the comments, that it was inappropriate," Hafen said. Reid was giving a late speech in Salt Lake City and was unavailable for comment, she said.  (That most surely make it all OK)

Asked for comment, a White House spokeswoman referred to a statement issued by the Republican National Committee. RNC spokesman Brian Jones called Reid's statement "a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most."

Reid visited the school to discuss Congress and the debate over judicial filibusters. He repeated that the Senate will be brought to a standstill if Republicans change the rules regarding filibusters to hasten the approval of Bush's judicial nominees.

Hafen said Reid told the teenagers that if Republicans change the filibuster rules, then they can "no longer count on Senator Reid working with them on the president's agenda."

Reid's comments were first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal on its Web site.

link

159436[/snapback]

Thank you, Tigermike. All I asked was that you give the rest of the story. Fair and balanced. We report, you decide. Hate the man if you want, but, if you tell us about him calling Dubya "a loser," at least have the intellectual honesty to tell us that he also apologized for it. And you've done that now. Again, thank you.

I'm so glad you are happy now that I posted the entire article for the world to see just how duplicitous and small minded the leader of the congressional Democrats really is.

I never said anything about hating Reid, Al. If you think that apology was sincere and from the heart and not just to cover his butt when it hit the press, then you are either very naive or completely deluded by the DNC.

Interesting...Bush is a loser?

GWB - President of the USA .. 2 terms

Education - Bachelors: Yale PostGrad: Harvard

Harry Reid - Senator

Education - Bachelors: Utah St PostGrad: GW

I'm so glad you are happy now that I posted the entire article for the world to see just how duplicitous and small minded the leader of the congressional Democrats really is. 

I never said anything about hating Reid, Al.  If you think that apology was sincere and from the heart and not just to cover his butt when it hit the press, then you are either very naive or completely deluded by the DNC.

159444[/snapback]

Thanks again, Tigermike.

Conservatives...they'll accuse the left of everything from body odor to treason, but just call one of them a name and watch the boohoo fest begin.

Conservatives...they'll accuse the left of everything from body odor to treason, but just call one of them a name and watch the boohoo fest begin.

159466[/snapback]

One name? Mean spirited, greedy, tools of corporate America, right wing extremists, religious zealots, against the poor, racist, etc...

One name? My God, you must not listen to your side very often.

Link from today

Reid doesn't back down from Friday remark about Bush

Senator says administration has done 'very, very bad job for this nation and the world'

By TONY BATT

STEPHENS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON -- If Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada still feels remorse for calling President Bush a loser, he didn't show it on Tuesday.

In a news conference, Reid was asked if his comment about Bush would make it more difficult to negotiate with Republicans.

"I tell people how I feel about things. I don't try to hide how I feel," Reid said.

"Maybe my choice of words was improper, and I have indicated that maybe they were, but I want everyone here, I repeat, to know I'm going to continue to call things the way that I see them, and I think this administration has done a very, very bad job for this nation and the world."

Asked for a comment, the White House referred a call to the Republican National Committee.

"I think the Party of 'No' would be better served if it set aside its angry rhetoric and obstructionism and joined Republicans at the table to provide solutions for the issues confronting our country," said RNC spokesman Danny Diaz.

While speaking to students Friday in an American Studies class at Del Sol High School in Las Vegas, Reid referred to Bush and said, "I think this guy is a loser."

Later that day, Reid acknowledged his comment was inappropriate and said he called White House adviser Karl Rove to apologize.

Del Sol High School Principal John Barlow said he has not received any substantive complaints from parents or students about Reid's comments to 60 juniors at his southeastern Las Vegas school.

Barlow said he did receive two messages from parents "not necessarily wanting to talk to me, but just to express their concern about the comments made in general."

Nevada State Republican Party Chairman Earlene Forsythe issued a press release Monday saying Reid's comments "stirred the anger of Republicans across the country and here in Nevada.

"He has shown himself to be an embarrassment to Nevada because of his intemperate remarks," Forsythe said.

She also said she has received hundreds of e-mails from voters, some of which ask whether Reid can be recalled as a U.S. senator.

During Tuesday's news conference, Reid also challenged Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., to schedule a vote on the "nuclear option," under which Senate rules would be changed to allow a simple majority vote to stop a filibuster of a judicial nominee. This would mean a filibuster could be ended with 51 votes instead of 60, as in now required.

"We are prepared for a vote on the nuclear option," Reid said. "Democrats will join responsible Republicans in a vote to uphold the constitutional principle of checks and balances."

Earlier, Frist told reporters he does not plan to seek a vote on the nuclear option before the Senate passes a highway bill and a supplemental spending bill to pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and tsunami relief. So the Senate would be unlikely to vote on the nuclear option until next week at the earliest.

Review-Journal writer Erin Neff contributed to this report.

Nevada State Republican Party Chairman Earlene Forsythe issued a press release Monday saying Reid's comments "stirred the anger of Republicans across the country and here in Nevada.

How could anyone tell? These partisans scream with outrage even in their sleep.

This is hilarious!!!! The libbies asking, no insisting, on "fair and balanced". I cannot remember the libbie whiners on this board EVER posting anything fair and balanced, but they insist that the facts posted by a moderate poster be fair and balanced instead of just posting the quote. Does anyone wonder why the libbies are the shrinking minority?

159394[/snapback]

Big deal. Bush I called Clinton a "bozo." Dan Burton called him a "scumbag" on the house floor. Reid essentially said the Dad's great-- which is being generous, although in comparison to his son.... and the son's a loser. Most Americans are finally seeing that.

Archived