Baseball vs UIC Game 4

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Our pitching is just so good this weekend. Fuller gives up a single but then strikes out the side.

I think pitching will take Auburn pretty far this season if everyone stays healthy.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Did anyone hear why Williams was taken out? 

Only thing on Twitter I've seen is that Bryan Matthews is going to check in with him at the end of the game. Hopefully he'll update

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Only thing on Twitter I've seen is that Bryan Matthews is going to check in with him at the end of the game. Hopefully he'll update

Thanks. Hope it's nothing.....

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Thanks. Hope it's nothing.....

Also, not sure if you know but Kason Howell also aggravated his hamstring on Friday. Hopefully he won't be out too long.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Also, not sure if you know but Kason Howell also aggravated his hamstring on Friday. Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Yes I heard that clarification yesterday. I was watching Friday night when it happened but they didn't know exactly what the injury was at that time. He just limped off the field after they decided he was out...poor kid. 

Luckily this didn't happen during SEC play and he has time to heal.

Auburn finishes the clean sweep of UIC with a 14-0 win in 7 innings today.

Every batter except for Austin Turner got a hit this weekend. Every batter except Larue and Turner got an RBI. 9 players have a batting average of .333 or higher.

Our starting pitchers combined to pitch 19 innings, give up 4 runs, 10 hits, and STRUCK OUT 29!

Our relief pitchers this weekend combined to pitch 15 innings and only gave up 3 runs while striking out 20!!!

Number 1 Louisville lost two key starters (Binelas and Dunn) to pretty serious injuries this weekend.  Adding insult...they’re about to drop two out of three to Ole Miss. Tough way to start the season. 

17 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

Number 1 Louisville lost two key starters (Binelas and Dunn) to pretty serious injuries this weekend.  Adding insult...they’re about to drop two out of three to Ole Miss. Tough way to start the season. 

damn

• ellitor changed the title to Baseball vs UIC Game 4

Some interesting games over the opening weekend.  Boston College was the home team playing against Northern Illinois in Winter Haven, FL on Friday night, play by play from their first inning: 

Sal Frelick led off the bottom of the first with a double, followed immediately by a Brian Dempsey two-run homer. Cody Morissette then singled, Joe Suozzi tripled him home, and Jack Cunningham singled Suozzi in, good for four runs before the Huskies could record an out.

Something nobody has probably ever even thought of...they started the first game of the season with the first four batters hitting for the (team) cycle.  Those guys were ready to play.

Archived