Please keep Doc4aday in your prayers

ellitor

Get well soon Doc.  We had a covid scare at our house just this week.  Fortunately, I came back negative (just got the news today). But, I quarantined myself from the family while not feeling well prior to testing and awaiting results.  It was hard on my husband and kids and hard on me.  It turns your life upside down!!  Prayers to you and your wife.  I have faith you’ll come out on the other side this!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Doc hope your COVID 19 symptoms continue to stay mild. Do you have a pulse oximeter at home? It might be a good idea to get one since you are coughing 

@Tigerbelle what’s the benefit of a pulse oximeter  in the situation? Just curious for future knowledge.

35 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Doc hope your COVID 19 symptoms continue to stay mild. Do you have a pulse oximeter at home? It might be a good idea to get one since you are coughing.

Take good care of yourself. We'll be here sending prayers for your full recovery. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

I do have a device to check my pulse and blood pressure.   I am fine in that department! Watching a lot of TV and staying online more than I should!  I do appreciate your concern and will keep all posted. Be back in a while. 

Godspeed,

Doc

Doc I hope this thread is OK and not over the top for you. When you posted your status in the recruiting forum I wanted to let everyone know.

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Tigerbelle what’s the benefit of a pulse oximeter  in the situation? Just curious for future knowledge.

The problem with COVID 19 is that many patients can still function even though they are dangerously oxygen deprived. That's kind of unusual. By the time they realize they are in trouble and head to the ER due to shortness of breath the situation is dire. Pneumonia has become advanced and is much harder to treat. Many people end up on ventilators. It would be much better to avoid all that. If  patients can monitor their oxygen levels at home with a pulse oximeter then they can seek help much sooner when the levels start dropping instead of waiting until the levels are so low that the problems are life threatening. 

18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I do have a device to check my pulse and blood pressure.   I am fine in that department! Watching a lot of TV and staying online more than I should!  I do appreciate your concern and will keep all posted. Be back in a while. 

Godspeed,

Doc

Doc I'm so glad to hear you have a monitoring device. Don't wait if you notice a drop. Go to the nearest ER asap!!! 

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The problem with COVID 19 is that many patients can still function even though they are dangerously oxygen deprived. That's kind of unusual. By the time they realize they are in trouble and head to the ER due to shortness of breath the situation is dire. Pneumonia has become advanced and is much harder to treat. Many people end up on ventilators. It would be much better to avoid all that. If  patients can monitor their oxygen levels at home with a pulse oximeter then they can seek help much sooner when the levels start dropping instead of waiting until the levels are so low that the problems are life threatening. 

I forgot they check blood oxygen levels. Stupid me. LOL

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Doc I'm so glad to hear you have a monitoring device. Don't wait if you notice a drop. Go to the nearest ER asap!!! 

Hi:

I am using an Oxygen Concentrator when I sleep of which helps a good deal. Today was a good day with no fever and less coughing. I really believe that I have a mild case of covid 19 as per my MD. I am keeping a close watch of all monitoring. I have 11 days of isolation left! I appreciate your concern so very much! I am getting a lot of good rest most of the time. Just feel weak though and the smoothies with vitamins help with energy.  My sense of smell is very weak of which can be annoying! I will keep all posted of my covid 19 adventure (just trying to have a good sense of humor with this!) My Corgi sir Maxwell is keeping me company. He can stay with me most of the time. He is a funny little guy!

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hi:

I am using an Oxygen Concentrator when I sleep of which helps a good deal. Today was a good day with no fever and less coughing. I really believe that I have a mild case of covid 19 as per my MD. I am keeping a close watch of all monitoring. I have 11 days of isolation left! I appreciate your concern so very much! I am getting a lot of good rest most of the time. Just feel weak though and the smoothies with vitamins help with energy.  My sense of smell is very weak of which can be annoying! I will keep all posted of my covid 19 adventure (just trying to have a good sense of humor with this!) My Corgi sir Maxwell is keeping me company. He can stay with me most of the time. He is a funny little guy!

Taking vitamin D?

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hi:

I hope your symptoms remain mild Doc. Love your attitude! The loss of taste and smell is such a strange symptom. COVID 19 is a complicated disease with so many ways to cause misery. 

Keeping you in my prayers for a full recovery with no further distress. 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I forgot they check blood oxygen levels. Stupid me. LOL

Nah! There's just so much information out there about COVID 19......hard to keep up. But at least there are better ways to treat patients as more data becomes available. 

16 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nah! There's just so much information out there about COVID 19......hard to keep up. But at least there are better ways to treat patients as more data becomes available. 

Been doing a lot of investigating myself. A good friend of ours who goes to our church is a PA. She recommended a medication called Oscillococcinum. This is a mouth full!  It is great for flu-like symptoms and has helped some covid patients. I started taking this yesterday and feel a  bit better. This medication is made by a company called Boiron. I feel better today, but the sense of smell is just not there. My oxygen level is 96 of which is good. I have a device that I place on my finger that reads your oxygen level.  Watching Star Wars on TV today! My sense of humor is good today!  Sir Maxwell has been watching TV with me all day. Any dog commercial that comes on sets him off into a barking frenzy! 

20 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Taking vitamin D?

yes...that and an arsenal of vitamins!  I posted a med that a friend who is a PA told me about and started taking it. I do feel better from it. Taking Advil as well. No fever today and less coughing. I think the worst of it is over.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Been doing a lot of investigating myself. A good friend of ours who goes to our church is a PA. She recommended a medication called Oscillococcinum. This is a mouth full!  It is great for flu-like symptoms and has helped some covid patients. I started taking this yesterday and feel a  bit better. This medication is made by a company called Boiron. I feel better today, but the sense of smell is just not there. My oxygen level is 96 of which is good. I have a device that I place on my finger that reads your oxygen level.  Watching Star Wars on TV today! My sense of humor is good today!  Sir Maxwell has been watching TV with me all day. Any dog commercial that comes on sets him off into a barking frenzy! 

Living in the mountains with that cool air must hell some!  I’m curious if your MD told you to to use ibuprofen? I’ve read that it makes Covid worse..

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

Living in the mountains with that cool air must hell some!  I’m curious if your MD told you to to use ibuprofen? I’ve read that it makes Covid worse..

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

My MD said that Advil (only 1 per day would help with some of the discomforts) I did not take one today in that the Oscillococcinum has helped me a good bit. I am planning to cut back or stop using Advil if the Oscillococcinum continues to help like it has. I cannot take aspirin in that it upsets my stomach big time. I am taking a lot of vitamins that I take in my smoothies. My appetite has been so so and the smoothies are soothing to my system. Webmd said that Ibuprofen has not shown to be adverse for covid 19.

There's lots of confusing info out there, Doc. Just do what makes you feel better. Prayers for you today. I hope this virus is short-lived for you. I am really curious and want to get the antibody test to see if I've had it or not. Being a school teacher, I wouldn't be surprised if I was exposed to it. Lots of kids were sick in December and January. I am hoping that if I have the antibodies, that means that I won't get a full blown case. Anyway, that's neither here nor there (as my mom used to say). Get to feeling better soon!

Doc, you are a good guy, was going to say dude, but not sure that is in your vocabulary. 😁 Get well, we are all thinking of you. 🤧

5 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Doc, you are a good guy, was going to say dude, but not sure that is in your vocabulary. 😁 Get well, we are all thinking of you. 🤧

Dude is fine! Thanks so much & WDE!

23 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

There's lots of confusing info out thee, Doc. Just do what makes you feel better. Prayers for you today. I hope this virus is short-lived for you. I am really curious and want to get the antibody test to see if I've had it or not. Being a school teacher, I wouldn't be surprised if I was exposed to it. Lots of kids were sick in December and January. I am hoping that if I have the antibodies, that means that I won't get a full blown case. Anyway, that's neither here nor there (as my mom used to say). Get to feeling better soon!

I have a lot of friends who are teachers in Louisiana, and they made out OK.  I hope the best for you and that you stay Covid free!

Archived