Whitlow Lands at Western Illinois.

Timbeaux38

1 minute ago, TigerTale said:

I thinks it's the fumbling problem that causes many to downgrade him from SEC caliber player. 

He definitely had a fumbling problem but you can’t put up the stats he had in the seasons he started and not say he’s not SEC caliber. 
Brandon Jacobs had to transfer to Southern Illinois because he couldn’t get playing time behind Ronnie and Cadillac. Does that mean Brandon Jacobs wasn’t an SEC caliber back?

• Like 4

I wish Whitlow the absolute best!  My favorite play of his was in the Washington game for the winning drive.  He was not going to be denied that touchdown by the free safety.  War Eagle Boobie!

• Like 2

On 8/31/2020 at 5:31 PM, Barnacle said:

Wasn't an SEC back? Definitely strong arguments for why he wasn't the best back on Auburn's roster, but the kid had over 1,800 yards in two seasons and 18 touchdowns while playing in the SEC. I don't understand statements like this. 

behind a questionable OL  to add to it. 

• 8 months later...

Got to thinking randomly last night about “whatever happened to Boobie Whitlow”? So I did some research and couldn’t find much on him, but going by the 2020 season stats for Western Illinois he didn’t even play this season. I hate it for him because he was a good RB and showed flashes at times then transferred to a nobody FCS program and didn’t even play. Anyone know what the deal was? Just curious.

2 hours ago, CamZilla_15 said:

Got to thinking randomly last night about “whatever happened to Boobie Whitlow”? So I did some research and couldn’t find much on him, but going by the 2020 season stats for Western Illinois he didn’t even play this season. I hate it for him because he was a good RB and showed flashes at times then transferred to a nobody FCS program and didn’t even play. Anyone know what the deal was? Just curious.

Was going to be passed up, so he took his ball and went home.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

24 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Best of luck to him 

And there you have it.

On 8/31/2020 at 4:26 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Best of luck to him. He was never an SEC back but he should do well there 

Very odd take considering he literally helped us win SEC games. I don't feel like looking up his stats, but I would say he has done more than enough to prove he is an SEC back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Very odd take considering he literally helped us win SEC games. I don't feel like looking up his stats, but I would say he has done more than enough to prove he is an SEC back.

We really need to settle on a standard usage of that term.

He was not a good SEC back. But yeah, he was definitely an SEC back.

(Uh oh... I might've just jumped into another "adequate" vs "above average" vs "great" melee.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

(Uh oh... I might've just jumped into another "adequate" vs "above average" vs "great" melee.)

I can get on board with that. I was highly critical of Boobie and the entire RB room the last couple years, but he is definitely a capable SEC back. He was never top tier SEC back material, but capable. 

I will say this, I would have loved to have him as the backup to Tank last year.

7 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I wore this kid out , but I don’t know his challenges . I hope he tears up FCS. 

There's something wildly wrong for him to be at FCS. He's definitely a Power 5 back. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I don’t know what you are trying to prove by saying he was definitely an SEC Back bro. I got 10 PFFs to say otherwise . [yellow font] 

• Haha 3

I wish him the best 

• Like 1

He was going to be passed up at and just

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

So, he just quit college ball?

24 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

He was going to be passed up at and just

So, he just quit college ball?

No

2 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Ah, I assumed took his ball and went home meant he hung up his cleats. 

I'm sorry it was unclear. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I'm sorry it was unclear. 

The thread title was... pretty... well... I guess you guys have already put it to bed. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone remember when he fumbled the ball in that game, and then his mom made him do pushups after the game?  Good times...

• Like 1