for those trump fans out there..............serious question?

aubiefifty

if trump was never guilty of breaking the law many times as president why is he looking to pardon himself and three of his kids?

CYA, just in case?

And NO DOUBT Homey is correct. Some of these pardons are coming with $$$ attached, 

DC is that corrupt and has been for decades. 

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

CYA, just in case?

And NO DOUBT Homey is correct. Some of these pardons are coming with $$$ attached, 

DC is that corrupt and has been for decades. 

i spent three and a half years in the pentagon so yes i understand they are corrupt but holy hell they have more good looking women up there than a college campus. they hire only the good looking ones i believe.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

they hire only the good looking ones i believe.

It's no coincidence. That's for sure. DC is just one big chess board. You dabble in DC, you better hope the hand that moves you is a Grandmaster.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i spent three and a half years in the pentagon so yes i understand they are corrupt but holy hell they have more good looking women up there than a college campus. they hire only the good looking ones i believe.

and the downside would be.....lmao!

On 12/2/2020 at 7:35 AM, aubiefifty said:

if trump was never guilty of breaking the law many times as president why is he looking to pardon himself and three of his kids?

I think most of us overestimate the innocence of our elected officials, especially those they support. Check out this website: https://www.govtrack.us/misconduct

It'll make your stomach turn.

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

I think most of us overestimate the innocence of our elected officials, especially those they support. Check out this website: https://www.govtrack.us/misconduct

It'll make your stomach turn.

oh yes and both sides need to own it. i think until term limits are in place it just gets worse.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

oh yes and both sides need to own it. i think until term limits are in place it just gets worse.

Man, don't even get me started lol. I'm not disagreeing in the least, but what is so frustrating to me is that there is a mechanism in place to limit the terms of our elected officials. It's called VOTING!

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

Man, don't even get me started lol. I'm not disagreeing in the least, but what is so frustrating to me is that there is a mechanism in place to limit the terms of our elected officials. It's called VOTING!

well it is not working because the vast majority of americans want term limits. if someone ever gets the courage to address that as a new law i will be shocked.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

well it is not working because the vast majority of americans want term limits. if someone ever gets the courage to address that as a new law i will be shocked.

That's because most Americans care more about the Presidential election than every other election. If the majority of Americans want term limits, then they need to use the Constitutional right afforded to them multiple times per decade to actually impose such a standard. It's a hell of a lot better than hoping that some day the majority of politicians in DC will some how become self-hating enough to vote for a policy that will end their careers.

I think there's a decent chance he did something wrong. As others have pointed out on here, this might be the reason he's pushing the election so hard. He may be clinging to the hope he'll maintain his immunity.

That said, I believe in the burden of proof concept very strongly. Our society is supposedly built on the premise that it is better for a guilty man to walk free than for an innocent man to spend time in jail. (I understand the system doesn't exactly do that as well as we expect it to. But I don't think it is worth it to unpack all that in this comment.) Regardless of whether or not it does that effectively, I endorse that premise. I'm not going to condemn someone for a crime until there's a smoking gun. I'm not going to get too deep into speculation until there's some hard proof that he's guilty of something. 

That ALSO said, I believe such proof existed in the charges he was impeached for. The phone call pretty conclusively showed that he tried to use the power of the white hosue for personal gain, and I don't know how anyone could see anything other than that. Unfortunately, nothing came of that thanks to our lovely hyper partisan society.

So, until something else surfaces with evidence to back it up, I'm not going to say that I am "convinced" he's guilty of anything other than the thing that he got impeached for. I'll say this... it is a little suspicious, and I'll stop there. 

49 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This is a classic opportunity for "unintended consequences".

Lobbyists would really be in charge with lawmakers looking for their next meal ticket.

The level of myopic thinking here on this forum is truly hilarious.

"We have a completely failed system." 
"But lets continue to live with it and dont try anything other than voting for the leadership that we have now."

Yea, that will fix everything.......you two are truly so stupid I dont know why anyone would every believe a word you say. 

You postulate that the one thing that would cure our present problems would actually make it worse.
You have exactly Zero Proof of that and Zero Logic to apply to it, nevertheless, you two will 100% believe that crap.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

The level of myopic thinking here on this forum is truly hilarious.

"We have a completely failed system." 
"But lets continue to live with it and dont try anything other than voting for the leadership that we have now."

Yea, that will fix everything.......you two are truly so stupid I dont know why anyone would every believe a word you say. 

You postulate that the one thing that would cure our present problems would actually make it worse.
You have exactly Zero Proof of that and Zero Logic to apply to it, nevertheless, you two will 100% believe that crap.

Congressional term limits is a mindless exercise in “throw the bums out” venting. Instead of petty insults, make a solid case for what it would actually accomplish at the Congressional level, including addressing what negatives it would encourage. There are other ways to limit the advantages of incumbency and set higher ethical requirements for service. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/01/18/five-reasons-to-oppose-congressional-term-limits/amp/

I've never quite grasped the logic of taking away the people's option of voting for a good, experienced congressman just to keep bad congressmen from getting elected multiple times. 

What we need are more stringent sanctions against corrupt behavior, along with election reform regarding finances.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I've never quite grasped the logic of taking away the people's option of voting for a good, experienced congressman just to keep bad congressmen from getting elected multiple times. 

What we need are more stringent sanctions against corrupt behavior, along with election reform regarding finances.

this would work for me. the fact dems and repubs had a slush fund to pay women off for sexual misbehavior should tell anyone how bad it is. and after that got out and folks found out it was true it just seemed to die down and go away.............

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Congressional term limits is a mindless exercise in “throw the bums out” venting. Instead of petty insults, make a solid case for what it would actually accomplish at the Congressional level, including addressing what negatives it would encourage. There are other ways to limit the advantages of incumbency and set higher ethical requirements for service. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/01/18/five-reasons-to-oppose-congressional-term-limits/amp/

And they have almost been tried, some several times, and thats how we got here.

Archived