Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

The “search committee” aka Rane and Harbert 

I just don’t understand why they wanted Gus gone so badly if this is what it has come to. Pay him 21 mil. To walk and not hire someone superior to him. It’s just mind boggling. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Just thinking out loud...what is the frickin infatuation that the boosters have with Steele and Garner? You would think they are irreplaceable or something. I mean at some point, long before now, it should have been sorry, we tried but it's not gonna work. It's gone way beyond strange in insisting these guys stay on. I mean wtf. By the same token, wtf is wrong with Steele and Garner that they think this is gonna work out well for them? The dislike is growing to hatred pretty much. I swear 10 year olds could handle themselves better.

they are controllable and will do as they are told

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to 247 Allen Greene is now in charge of the search and he hasn’t interviewed Steele 

If that's true then my phone calls and emails did the trick. I wasn't playing around.

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to 247 Allen Greene is now in charge of the search and he hasn’t interviewed Steele 

Would LOVE to see AG be THAT dude and take charge. First thing I’d like for him to do is completely clean house and fire the remaining coaches. Go ahead and pull Auburn out of the bowl so they don’t have to worry about that and revisit some candidates and tell them he’s in control now and no one will be handcuffed anymore. 

What an unrealistic dream that would be. 

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

they are controllable and will do as they are told

I am talking about the ones doing the controlling. What is there infatuation with these two coaches. Are they bed buddies or something?

9 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That only can be seen as a good thing

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Has any school ever run a co head coach system?  Make Chiz head defensive coach and Gus head offensive coach.  Consider the advance we gave each coach to leave as a down payment on their new contracts. Get Gus the black Waffle House AMEX that allows unlimited Waffle House.  Get Chiz a book of inspirational quotes that he can change and post on Twitter as his own Chizdom.  Bring Cam back and make him the new Aubie.  

This was the first auburn associated smile I've had all day. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m for building the statue of he somehow saves the day 

I like our odds of fixing this if Greene was in charge. This could also be a ploy to make him the fall guy for a predetermined decision. 

Just now, bigbird said:

That's only can be seen as a good thing

When you're at the bottom everything is up

1 minute ago, Tony4AU said:

PTB of course 

Specifically. Are Bo and Randy just beating the shrubs. When they flush a candidate out, does the BOT take a majority rules vote? I'm really tired of the PTB moniker. Yes, the overall process is some "PTB"-bullied meddling. But not all BOT are complicit. The BOT has a few members who aren't Good-Ole-Boys, I assure you (but not many).

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I like our odds of fixing this if Greene was in charge. This could also be a ploy to make him the fall guy for a predetermined decision. 

That's one reason he tried not to be the final decision

If I remember correctly, Greene wanted Cristobal. So, if it's true that Greene is in the charge, and if he does have the final say in selecting the next coach... well, then let's throw money at Mario's way. If not Mario, then Napier.

Just now, Zeek said:

I think we'll have an AD doing what's right for the university and program and not for themselves. 

Just now, WalkingCarpet said:

I've emailed enough times to warrant a restraining order at this point.

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

What if this is all to make sure Nix stays the starter? That would be crazy. 

Don’t see that being the case. Steele and co. have been telling recruits they were sticking around. There’s only one reason they were comfortable telling kids that.....

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I think we'll have an AD doing what's right for the university and program and not for themselves. 

And Greene isn't the "Auburn guy"--he's as an outsider as they come.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I believe in AG but these are some David and Goliath type odds.

Archived