Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

12 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to 247 Allen Greene is now in charge of the search and he hasn’t interviewed Steele 

As of when?  If just now .. it's about freaking time. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Maybe should of kept Gus?

no, it was time for him to go, but the problem is that we thought we had adults to hire a new coach. Instead, we have spoiled brats

Just now, AUBwins said:

As of when?  If just now .. it's about freaking time. 

And, they really expect us to believe that, don't they? I am telling you, you can't trust a damn thing 24/7 writes. PM is a fat ***ing joke

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I've emailed enough times to warrant a restraining order at this point.

Same. I know it probably doesn't do anything but it helps me sleep a little better. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Wonder if this means Greene is in charge of it NOW or has been the whole time? 

Says "is now" while they're posting at 6 pm. Now I could be over estimating this posters use of proper grammar and word choice.

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Just so y’all don’t think I’m making it up lol 7E7CDEC4-E2C3-4A24-B8B3-8A02E6841260.jpeg

That sounds like he’s been in charge through the BN and BC situations today. Hope he isn’t trying to get potential HCs to keep Steele and Garner. He’s our only hope. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Wonder if this means Greene is in charge of it NOW or has been the whole time? 

Mario Cristobal is back on the menu boys! 😁

5 minutes ago, AUx said:

Specifically. Are Bo and Randy just beating the shrubs. When they flush a candidate out, does the BOT take a majority rules vote? I'm really tired of the PTB moniker. Yes, the overall process is some "PTB"-bullied meddling. But not all BOT are complicit. The BOT has a few members who aren't Good-Ole-Boys, I assure you (but not many).

Bo doesn't know a damn thing about college football.  He's admitted as such.

Why is he on the committee is beyond me.

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Same. I know it probably doesn't do anything but it helps me sleep a little better. 

Same. I can't sit and do nothing. If there's even a .0001% chance my message can have a subconscious impact I'll take it. 

Before the process goes another day, don't you think AU (Office of the Athletic Director) should put out a public announcement to manage (extremely poor) image, and possibly state that something has changed? That is, IF he has been marginalized til now. Else, the next tier of coaching candidates due up are currently coaching guys on our recruiting list.

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Don’t see that being the case. Steele and co. have been telling recruits they were sticking around. There’s only one reason they were comfortable telling kids that.....

Well, let's hope they lied to recruits in this case.

But does being in charge of the SEARCH mean he can offer autonomy? That's the 5,000,000 dollar question.

15 minutes ago, AUx said:

Who was in charge before. Wow - wasn't that some candidates' question before, "Who is in charge down there??"

It wasn’t Greene and still isn’t. 

8 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

AG needs to go back to MC and/or BN and beg forgiveness

Mario didn't have an offer. Maybe he should offer now. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I believe in AG but these are some David and Goliath type odds.

It just takes the stones to do it. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

POINT is - if you can't tell who is running the company, you're an idiot (or desperate) to go to work there.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bo doesn't know a damn thing about college football.  He's admitted as such.

Why is he on the committee is beyond me.

We're looking for "Auburn men" and these idiots think it takes one to know one.

This is so damned stupid. Autonomy shouldn't be a deal-breaker, it should be expected no matter who we offer, whether that be Napier, Clark, whoever. We're making fools of ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

So, they're setting him up to be the fall guy so that they're gonna search for a yesman to be the next AD?

At this point, for the trustees to be involved in any capacity is pure and utter selfishness.

They have been directly turned down by the head coach or UL-Lafayette. It's reported they have now been turned down by the coach at UAB. 

That's an ugly mirror no one could turn away from. In no way, shape, or form could they be doing a worse job and they know it.

To not get out of the way is blatantly saying "I don't care how bad I do, I just care about staying in control. Even if it means controlling a sh*tty program." 

22 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to 247 Allen Greene is now in charge of the search and he hasn’t interviewed Steele 

Green probably realized he'd better get this clown show under control or he'll never get another AD job anywhere ever.

Archived