Two names I’d keep your eyes on

RunInRed

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, keesler said:

Yet you confirmed that Auburn went back to Cristobal?  

please do not make him mad where he quits giving us tidbits...............

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here’s the thing, CleCo; Gus has been let go for the very reason that got rid of Tubs and Chizic which is PTB meddling.  We get it, but Gus was that sacrificial lamb the might bring some needed change.  The PTB likes to get under qualified (up and coming) coaches that are beholding to them and remind that coach at regular intervals until that coach has had enough.  Gus was not going to overcome his deficiencies and it was time for him to go.  It’s done. Over. He isn’t coming back, but he might have served his purpose for real change at Auburn.

Does Auburn want to go to the next level?  It’s up to the PTB and I am hopeful they do.  This coaching hire will tell us where we are headed.

I appreciate your considered reply. I hope this coaching hire tells us where we are headed and it tells us all good things. In spades. But what I think happens given history is that a coach comes in believing what he is promised and then...there's no real delivery on those promises and the first time the team struggles it all reverts to "Hey, listen up. You're the head coach but if you want anything done, here's what the money men/powers that be say you're gonna do. Consider them your 'head coach executive committee. Hear me?"

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

I appreciate your considered reply. I hope this coaching hire tells us where we are headed and it tells us all good things. In spades. But what I think happens given history is that a coach comes in believing what he is promised and then...there's no real delivery on those promises and the first time the team struggles it all reverts to "Hey, listen up. You're the head coach but if you want anything done, here's what the money men/powers that be say you're gonna do. Consider them your 'head coach executive committee. Hear me?"

Yep, everybody has a boss, it’s just you want to work for someone that has enough confidence in your ability to let you do the right thing.  I hope we are there.

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

The plan was to hire Steele. It backfired now the plan is no plan.

My guess is several people had their own plan and we got to see them conflict in a public spectacle.  I believe we have several boosters who picture themselves a modern day Bobby Lowder, but none have centralized control like Bobby did.  I am not advocating for that, just observing from afar.   

All part of the master plan:

We wanted Freeze all along but knew there would be pushback from the SEC.

We tell Freeze to hold tight.

We conduct a “search” but sabotage it with leaks, botched interviews, and conditions attached that make any coach we offer the job to turn it down.

We interview Freeze and offer him the job, telling the SEC “look, we tried but every coach we pursued either turned us down or wouldn’t even interview with us. We were left with offering Freeze the job”.

Now prove me wrong....

18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I do find it odd that neither Napier nor Mario have commented yet. 

Didn’t they release press releases through the university? 

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

We conduct a “search” but sabotage it with leaks, botched interviews, and conditions attached that make any coach we offer the job to turn it down.

We interview Freeze and offer him the job, telling the SEC “look, we tried but every coach we pursued either turned us down or wouldn’t even interview with us. We were left with offering Freeze the job”.

Now prove me wrong....

Those magnificent bast*rds.

14 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Now prove me wrong....

Damn boy i like the way you think. Drinks are on me !!!

1 hour ago, OB4AU said:

Napier will be the next coach at Bama.

Given the choice of Napier or Dabo/Venables, who would you take?

I can buy Napier could be Clemson’s next HC after Dabo sprints over broken glass to succeed Saban. 

I say give Kiffin a chance.  He would bring excitement back to Auburn, be a constant pain to Saban, he’s one of best offensive mind out there, if not THE best. He can connect with these kids, he’s young enough to make it a career, and let face it if he bounces to us he will have to make it a career as nobody else will take another shot on him.  
Let’s make football fun again!

Lane 🚂 is my choice! 

Mario and Napier are my favorites.  
I really like Elliot!  I think he’ll be a star in the near future.  
I like Lane.  I heard he is a popular choice among our players.  There’s a few red flags, but maybe he has gotten past some of that.  
I think Freeze is what we hoped Gus would be.  I may be fooled, but I think Freeze is a good dude who made a serious of terrible mistakes.  With the right accountability I think he can be a very good coach.  
edit:  Sark is also interesting.  He is a top offensive mind, and it would make saban mad which is an added plus.  

The main point is there are good options out there.  If our money fools really do get out of the way and let ADAG do his job, we should come out really well!

Sark and Kiffin are maybe the two best offensive minds of my lifetime. Kiffin does some dumb stuff on occasion. Sark is all business. Both of them are brilliant

55 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m starting to think no one actually knows anything...

Contact Jimmy's grandson on twitter.  I'm sure he'll be helpful.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Mario and Napier are my favorites.  
I really like Elliot!  I think he’ll be a star in the near future.  
I like Lane.  I heard he is a popular choice among our players.  There’s a few red flags, but maybe he has gotten past some of that.  
I think Freeze is what we hoped Gus would be.  I may be fooled, but I think Freeze is a good dude who made a serious of terrible mistakes.  With the right accountability I think he can be a very good coach.  
edit:  Sark is also interesting.  He is a top offensive mind, and it would make saban mad which is an added plus.  

The main point is there are good options out there.  If our money fools really do get out of the way and let ADAG do his job, we should come out really well!

I’m on the fence with Freeze.  I think he can coach but he really didn’t take off at ole miss until the recruiting started to get better and from what they say that was awfully shady.  I worry he can’t get top talent without getting the wheels awfully greasy so to speak.  
I guess that’s why I like Kiffin, you can tell a ton of kids want to play for him.  In my opinion that’s one of the hardest parts of coaching! Getting the kids to want it bad enough to do exactly what you ask of them. 

Either way this whole thing has been a huge embarrassment.  Nothing hurts recruiting on a national level worse that getting shot down publicly numerous times by good coaches, especially after dropping 21mil to make a guy leave. 

I always thought Freeze was BS.  The two names mentioned above were driven by the role ADAG has played.  Outta left field if he went to Harsin.  But regardless if it is Harsin, that’s definitely a ADAG move, not a PTB play.

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

Sark and Kiffin are maybe the two best offensive minds of my lifetime. Kiffin does some dumb stuff on occasion. Sark is all business. Both of them are brilliant

That’s like saying your two neighbors are the best drivers in the world because one drives a Lamborghini  and the other drives a Ferrari. 

46 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I always thought Freeze was BS.  The two names mentioned above were driven by the role ADAG has played.  Outta left field if he went to Harsin.  But regardless if it is Harsin, that’s definitely a ADAG move, not a PTB play.

Your post may be the only thing making me feel better.

Archived