Natalee Holloway Dead

DKW 86

Link on Yahoo, from Drudge

1_27_vandersloot_kalpoe.jpg

From Fox

Major Break in Natalee Holloway Case

Saturday, June 11, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Police investigating the disappearance of an Alabama honors student in Aruba (search) arrested a man at dawn Saturday, hours after one of three young men already in custody admitted "something bad happened" to the woman after they took her to the beach.

It was unclear if the 6 a.m. arrest was related to the admission. The same team of officers who arrested five others in the case during the past week went to a home just outside Oranjestad (search), the capital, and came out with a handcuffed man who looked to be in his 20s.

Saturday morning, police refused to comment on the arrest or say if they had discovered anything overnight that solved the mystery of what happened to Natalee Holloway (search), 18, who was last seen in the early hours of May 30.

Late Friday, Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that the man who made the statement was leading police to the scene. He refused to identify which of the three young men who took her to a beach the night she went missing made the statement.

The three young men arrested Thursday — two Surinamese brothers and the 17-year-old Dutch son of a high-ranking island judicial official — were expected to appear before a judge Saturday, government spokesman Ruben Trapenberg said. Authorities have refused to say on what grounds they were being held. The judge would decide whether police have sufficient grounds to continue holding them.

Hate to see this, but I really didn't see it turning out any different.

Such a pointless waste of life.

It was in the B'ham Post Herald this morning also and on CNN. Now, CNN is crawfishing just a bit on the whole "confession" thing.

crawfishing?

:blink:

That's a new one  for me.

163547[/snapback]

Backing off the whole "conessed to killing" part. The story know is that they are not sure what the accused confessed to.

Have you ever seen a crawfish swim? Shrimp are similar in that both swim backwards. ;)

crawfishing?

:blink:

That's a new one  for me.

163547[/snapback]

Have you ever seen a crawfish swim? Shrimp are similar in that both swim backwards. ;)

163561[/snapback]

Yeah, makes perfect sense. But for the life of me, I've never heard that term before. Thanks!

Archived