2021 LS Kyle Vaccarella (PWO)

AUMicBK

1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

I may be nit pickin but if PWO they should say that and even bigger one when they say University of Auburn.  

Nah...let the kid have his moment. He's earned it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What's funny about Gus and his exclamation points is that I don't think many people even knew that little code until the last year or two. I won't miss that or the "boom" thing. I'm actually quite glad we're past all that. 

I didn't mind the boom when we scored TDs but a boom for a FG was just ridiculous. Not taking away from what a kicker does mind you, just celebrating the fact that you got to the 25 yard line again and had to settle was just...

tumblr_mu47a1xN1H1s0u7yko1_400.gif

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I didn't mind the boom when we scored TDs but a boom for a FG was just ridiculous. Not taking away from what a kicker does mind you, just celebrating the fact that you got to the 25 yard line again and had to settle was just...

tumblr_mu47a1xN1H1s0u7yko1_400.gif

I'm fine with never seeing or hearing Boom ever again. That era has passed and I'd prefer to not have reminders of the frustration I felt lol.

Note here. Per a couple insiders on the Bunker Kyle is expected to go on scholly next year after Bill Taylor graduates. If that does happen Kyle will count to the 2022 new schollied player limit.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Note here. Per a couple insiders on the Bunker Kyle is expected to go on scholly next year after Bill Taylor graduates. If that does happen Kyle will count to the 2022 new schollied player limit.

that sounds more like it.  though it may not be uber-common these days, the elite snappers do get scholarships and I thought it odd that this one would be taking a PWO to Auburn.  thanks @ellitor

20 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

that sounds more like it.  though it may not be uber-common these days, the elite snappers do get scholarships and I thought it odd that this one would be taking a PWO to Auburn.  thanks @ellitor

@AUMicBK He had offers. For example, he took our PWO offer over a scholly offer from Texas Tech.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUMicBK He had offers. For example, he took our PWO offer over a scholly offer from Texas Tech.

yup...if you have been to Lubbock, rolled down your windows, you would know why he chose to pay his way at Auburn.

It's not a little oasis, I assure you.  

I do like how they have a Red Raider ride the horse out at the beginning of the pre-game.  

21 hours ago, Beaker said:

I do like how they have a Red Raider ride the horse out at the beginning of the pre-game.  

Second only to AU's eagle flight as the coolest pre-game thing in college football.

It didn't make sense that a kid from Ct would take a PWO to AU over a full ride with Red Raiders and others.  If new Staff offered a Schollie to 2nd rated LS next year that is a smart move on their part especially Special Teams Coach. If Taylor moves on maybe it could happen this year?

40 minutes ago, autan said:

It didn't make sense that a kid from Ct would take a PWO to AU over a full ride with Red Raiders and others.  If new Staff offered a Schollie to 2nd rated LS next year that is a smart move on their part especially Special Teams Coach. If Taylor moves on maybe it could happen this year?

@autan The staff knows what they are doing here. Taylor is moving on after next season.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@autan The staff knows what they are doing here. Taylor is moving on after next season.

It's going to be weird starting to trust a staff to make sane decisions again. Might take time, though.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's going to be weird starting to trust a staff to make sane decisions again. Might take time, though.

What is scary if they do start making sane decisions and we do start winning we may have to close down this site because there won't be enough ammunition for the Whiners which could cut the sites membership in half or more. 

"SARCASM"

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No wonder we are looking to extra signees at RB and LB if we aren’t going to be able to count on Taylor anymore 

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What is scary if they do start making sane decisions and we do start winning we may have to close down this site because there won't be enough ammunition for the Whiners which could cut the sites membership in half or more. 

"SARCASM"

Have no fear, there's always Mikey

That's true. I'm amazed at the traction AE can get out of the 'proper' counting of the players at each position (e.g. LB, OL).

Archived