2021 LS Kyle Vaccarella (PWO)

AUMicBK

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Another HS OL, awesome!

Might have enough length for the OT position if he can add a few pounds to his monster 240 lb frame.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Correct. The Zeeker just does not have the same ring to it as the Zooker does. Plus me and zeek are maaaaaaj Ron Zook fans.

Zook is just Zeek in past tense.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Correct. The Zeeker just does not have the same ring to it as the Zooker does. Plus me and zeek are maaaaaaj Ron Zook fans.

I'm really liking it so far lol

We've done a really good job finding under-the-radar guys to fill out the 2021 class and the staff seems to be working their butt off in recruiting already in the 2022 class as well. What's really made everything feel better, for me, is the change in approach and social media presence. It's not just the head coach tweeting "Boom!" but assistant coaches are a little more active as well; I also really like they seem to be allowing more access for workout videos and different things of the sort.

Honestly, it feels like we're taking a Bruce Pearl public-relations approach and we see how well that has worked out for basketball.

My only complaint is coach Harsin tweets "War Eagle!" with a little video/gif. I'll give Gus this, I liked the "Boom!" with the # of ! marks matching the number of commits in a class lol. We've also been tweeting out excitement for kids that are silent commits which is new but I like it. Builds up some tension and interest I suppose.

Short answer: Feeling good GWill

26 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What's really made everything feel better, for me, is the change in approach and social media presence. It's not just the head coach tweeting "Boom!" but assistant coaches are a little more active as well

Also really enjoying this. Not going to lie, I absolutely despise the look of their tweets- the fonts, the numerous and inconsistent little catch phrases, the busy gif Harsin uses- but I couldn't be less in tune with what appeals to recruits so it doesn't matter what I think of the look. What matters is exactly what you said. They put forth the impression of a very energetic, engaged, collaborative staff. Need the 2022 class to be special but I like what I'm seeing so far.

Etheridge in particular seems to be delivering on the promise of a young, energetic guy who talks the talk. His resume suggests he'll walk the walk. I'm encouraged.

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My only complaint is coach Harsin tweets "War Eagle!" with a little video/gif. I'll give Gus this, I liked the "Boom!" with the # of ! marks matching the number of commits in a class lol. We've also been tweeting out excitement for kids that are silent commits which is new but I like it. Builds up some tension and interest I suppose.

Yea I agree. Harsin needs to enhance his bat-signal a little bit. He doesn't have to be exactly like Gus with the number of exclamation points, but there are other ways of doing the same thing. He could use different number jerseys or put more letters in War Eagle. Just throwing out ideas. I did enjoy Gus' Booms!!!!!!-!!!!

24 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea I agree. Harsin needs to enhance his bat-signal a little bit. He doesn't have to be exactly like Gus with the number of exclamation points, but there are other ways of doing the same thing. He could use different number jerseys or put more letters in War Eagle. Just throwing out ideas. I did enjoy Gus' Booms!!!!!!-!!!!

I like the idea of different jersey numbers. A little more work for the editing/photo team but incredibly do-able.

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also really enjoying this. Not going to lie, I absolutely despise the look of their tweets- the fonts, the numerous and inconsistent little catch phrases, the busy gif Harsin uses- but I couldn't be less in tune with what appeals to recruits so it doesn't matter what I think of the look. What matters is exactly what you said. They put forth the impression of a very energetic, engaged, collaborative staff. Need the 2022 class to be special but I like what I'm seeing so far.

Etheridge in particular seems to be delivering on the promise of a young, energetic guy who talks the talk. His resume suggests he'll walk the walk. I'm encouraged.

I agree I don't love the font shifts but it does catch attention when scrolling through a sea of text. Feels like they're working out what they want to do.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4ever That's the plan.

You have the patience of Job! 😝 

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Zook is just Zeek in past tense.

I was thinking more of a plural thing like....

goose................geese

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I like the idea of different jersey numbers. A little more work for the editing/photo team but incredibly do-able.

I agree I don't love the font shifts but it does catch attention when scrolling through a sea of text. Feels like they're working out what they want to do.

Did Gus not develop the 'Boom' later on in his coaching time here especially in his social media posts? Did he start off with it and the "!!!" ?

Maybe Harsin just needs time to see what works better or stands out when using social media.

Also, it could be someone in media coming up w the new signature for Harsin? And over time it will evolve and improve. 

What's funny about Gus and his exclamation points is that I don't think many people even knew that little code until the last year or two. I won't miss that or the "boom" thing. I'm actually quite glad we're past all that. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

My only complaint is coach Harsin tweets "War Eagle!" with a little video/gif. I'll give Gus this, I liked the "Boom!" with the # of ! marks matching the number of commits in a class lol.

The only thing Gus did with panache, lol. Everything else like watching paint dry or listening to a boring lecture

I normally don't think much about Long Snappers. I just expect them to get the job done, but reading up on this young man and he is impressive 6'3" 240 pounds, very strong and runs like a gazelle. You just described an ILB or a TE.  No I am not expecting us to have him play another position but I would not be surprised to see him making tackles on punts after snapping the ball back to the Punter in under .70 which is really fast. 

This is a great pickup and is great for Special teams. 

War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

You have the patience of Job! 😝 

Nope. Just making sure a4e can never say the info wasn't served up specifically for him on a silver platter.

If we're offering this kid a full ride it might give us an advantage over our competitors. But maybe this is standard for 6* LS recruits.  Is Taylor returning for 2021?

7 hours ago, fredst said:

The only thing Gus did with panache, lol. Everything else like watching paint dry or listening to a boring lecture

Even worse watching a boring lecture about paint drying!

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 LS Kyle Vaccarella (PWO)

Archived