Former LSU TE Arik Gilbert transfers to UGA

Maverick.AU

16 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Mark my words: He'll never play a single down for UGA.

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

4 hours ago, weagl1 said:

They already got a 5* at every position it looks like the would run out of $ at some point.

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

The house of cards will come down for this. Word is he literally stopped going to class at LSU so his GPA isn't good enough to transfer. Likely what happened with UF.

UGA isn't even trying to hide it any more.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The house of cards will come down for this. Word is he literally stopped going to class at LSU so his GPA isn't good enough to transfer. Likely what happened with UF.

UGA isn't even trying to hide it any more.

And haven't for the last 3 years.

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Mark my words: He'll never play a single down for UGA.

Looking like you very well could be right!! Lol, will be interesting to see if based on his talent they attempt to let him return

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 4:30 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Looking like you very well could be right!! Lol, will be interesting to see if based on his talent they attempt to let him return

Unless this is a personal / health / legal issue I would have to bet they are working behind the scenes to get this resolved.
Just a hunch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopsing said:

Unless this is a personal / health / legal issue I would have to bet they are working behind the scenes to get this resolved.
Just a hunch!

Supposedly he has attitude issues and that was talked about on the uga side before he transferred. A lot of people calling it mental health issues on the uga siide.

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Supposedly he has attitude issues and that was talked about on the uga side before he transferred. A lot of people calling it mental health issues on the uga siide.

He obviously has some kind of issues playing in a structured team environment. Such a great talent but you can only help the head cases so far...at some point they have to want to work with the coaches and fit into the team. Dude should have stayed at LSU kept his nose down and he would have got drafted on measurable alone. Now he is officially a head case and will have to fight that label as long as he is playing football

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Not going to class is a mental health issue? Or not wanting to deal with authority. We have to be careful these days. 

I'm just glad gerogia isn't getting away with more shady crap

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nebraska tight end Arik Gilbert was arrested Tuesday on a burglary charge, according to arrest records in the Lancaster County Department of Corrections database. He was arrested at a vape shop in Lincoln, Nebraska, at 2 a.m. CT while carrying a bag containing over $1,600 worth of products from the store, according to The Athletic. Gilbert, a two-time transfer, is still awaiting an NCAA decision on immediate eligibility for the 2023 season after filing for a waiver. 

Gilbert committed to the Huskers out of the transfer portal in January. 247Sports ranked him as a four-star transfer prospect and the No. 6 tight end on the market. Since this was his second time transferring as an undergraduate, he was not granted immediate eligibility. 

Source 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

He was determine I'll say that

Just took too long.  Cops were waiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a waste of talent. This kid could have gone far.  I was at the game when Marietta won the state championship, the kid was a man among boys.

I have a buddy who has insider knowledge at UGA from his connections. Gilbert is apparently a head case. He roomed with Brock V. for a short bit but Gilbert's behavior was so erratic BV moved out.

There was speculation he might have legitimate mental issues, but I don't know if that is true or not.