What Bo Nix said

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m not sure!!

I’m almost positive JC started every game his soph, junior, and senior year. I can’t remember any other QB starting.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s where off season development comes in. I don’t know how accurate he is throwing drags and slant, etc, because he rarely had to throw them. He seems to have the drive and will to improve. I hope he does. He has a very high ceiling.

I don't know about all that, he's no different than any other qb I've seen. If you have trouble hitting an open man down field with a 3 step lead you probably have a problem placing a ball in a pocket with a corner draped on you.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he never threw these routes either. He may not have thrown them often but I'm sure he had them. 

I guess I just still see stuff through the eyes of a player but you can't have a high ceiling unless you have a great arm at QB to me. If he's able to make accurate throws he has a high ceiling. Other than that.....just like everybody else

I just remember 14 year old me being extremely frustrated with Campbell over and over again and then all of a sudden idolizing him his senior season. I hope Bo can have that kind of redemption story.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea I remember him splitting reps with Daniel Cobb his freshman year, but I think he secured the job by the end and never gave it up. Wasn’t Josh Sullivan behind him?

He split his sophomore year with him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes that means he played. I showed the discrepancy in pass attempts, or you could look at box scores, or you could look at Auburn stats that season but either way with that number of attempts you absolutely have somebody else playing because a team will have to pass

I looked up the box scores as you suggested and your correct, he split time with Cobb.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I looked up the box scores as you suggested and your correct, he split time with Cobb.

I figured it was somebody by the numbers but I'd be lying if I said I know the QB's that was on the roster when he played

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I figured it was somebody by the numbers but I'd be lying if I said I know the QB's that was on the roster when he played

I was there for the entire year, at home games anyway. Daniel Cobb was the best practice QB we ever had, and in two or three games in two years, proved it. We sat in front of the parents and my niece detested Cobb. She loved Jason and told me for 2 years that Campbell would lead us to a natty. He did, IMHO. That team was awesome and I saw them at home every game in 2003 and 2004. The 2004 team with Campbell was the best I've seen except for (maybe)  Dye's best team in 92 or 93, and the 2010 team with Cam. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I was there for the entire year, at home games anyway. Daniel Cobb was the best practice QB we ever had, and in two or three games in two years, proved it. We sat in front of the parents and my niece detested Cobb. She loved Jason and told me for 2 years that Campbell would lead us to a natty. He did, IMHO. That team was awesome and I saw them at home every game in 2003 and 2004. The 2004 team with Campbell was the best I've seen except for (maybe)  Dye's best team in 92 or 93, and the 2010 team with Cam. 

Dye's 92 team struggled and he was already gone for the 93 season. Maybe you meant 83? 

I really believe Bo will have a phenomenal season this year. The new coaching regime will do him wonders. Looking forward to it!

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I really believe Bo will have a phenomenal season this year. The new coaching regime will do him wonders. Looking forward to it!

Me too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Hope so old habits are hard to break

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 3:18 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea I remember him splitting reps with Daniel Cobb his freshman year, but I think he secured the job by the end and never gave it up.

I’m almost positive JC started every game his soph, junior, and senior year. I can’t remember any other QB starting.

In 2002, Cobb started against:

USC

Western Carolina

Vanderbilt

Mississippi State

Syracuse

Arkansas

Florida - Campbell relieved Cobb towards the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Campbell didn’t secure the starting job for good until LSU in 2002.