More Scrimmage Intel:

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

So many different posts about scrimmage last night.  Did Davis go against 1 defense like Nix did? I don’t believe so but someone can correct me.  I think Davis went against the 3 defense.  Again someone can correct me.  

Everything I've read suggests it was good on good: 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3, with an equal spread of plays between each grouping. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I almost guarantee you it is a three way battle and the coaches will put the best one out there. Don’t let the comments and talk fool you . A lot of these guys have their favorites so they are going to try to minimize this stuff. If DD can handle pressure in the pocket with his athleticism (TJ is struggling with this) and he can handle not throwing the ball into double coverage (Bo is struggle with this) then by the end of camp there is no reason he shouldn’t be at least getting half the reps as the starter. He is the only one whom seems to have consistently got the most praise. People don’t want to acknowledge the fact that some of us are sick of the same dang mistakes over and over and over.  

As he is a true freshman and never started or played in a college game (outside of completely controlled A day game against reserves) he can’t be making same mistakes over and over again. He is getting an enormous bump in that he has no experience baggage that everyone is looking for.

23 minutes ago, au302 said:

I find it interesting how everyone is saying "Davis outperformed Finley" and how Finley looks so bad. I believe that to be true, but it also sounds like Davis outperformed Bo. I have read that the interceptions were not Bo's fault because on one it was a miscommunication and the other he was trying to make a play. However, I also keep reading where he threw into double coverage multiple times and they were gonna be picks anyways.

I have accepted that Bo will be the starter and I really hope he does great, but I just don't get why this is not a true 3 way battle at this point with the best player in camp winning. We have a 3rd year starter and we're still making these excuses, just getting a little tiring

Davis was also playing agaisnt the 3rd string defense. His play might provide him the opportunity to move up, but the competition also needs to be taken into account. 

We'll see how the snaps are distributed in the next scrimmage. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're not

Than I guess they are in my level and below yours. So bad news for us. 

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure glad someone who was actually at the scrimmage (Harsin) and has the expertise to make the correct call (level with WED in that expertise) who will be QB1 for first game.

We can only hope 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Than I guess they are in my level and below yours. So bad news for us. 

Interesting

21 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

So many different posts about scrimmage last night.  Did Davis go against 1 defense like Nix did? I don’t believe so but someone can correct me.  I think Davis went against the 3 defense.  Again someone can correct me.  

malik says hello from liberty, same O same O excuses excuses excuses Wills wouldn't have done as good at Auburn because of...............

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

I almost guarantee you it is a three way battle and the coaches will put the best one out there. Don’t let the comments and talk fool you . A lot of these guys have their favorites so they are going to try to minimize this stuff. If DD can handle pressure in the pocket with his athleticism (TJ is struggling with this) and he can handle not throwing the ball into double coverage (Bo is struggle with this) then by the end of camp there is no reason he shouldn’t be at least getting half the reps as the starter. He is the only one whom seems to have consistently got the most praise. People don’t want to acknowledge the fact that some of us are sick of the same dang mistakes over and over and over.  

And with a true freshman we'll just have different mistakes! 

Same thing I said with Finley applies to DD. 

Bo is going to continue to get 1at team reps. The telling factor will be who gets the 2nd team reps or splits 1st with Bo in scrimmage two. That'll tell us a lot. 

One good take away, mentioned by a handful of mods and people at practice, was that as a whole the QB room looks over all. Improved and better than we've seen in a while. 

Also, I've seen some ppl praise TJ and not be as hard on him as some other "insiders". Seems like it's all up in the air still

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Interesting

Yay, now we just need aubiefifty to get mad at ppl posting 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yay, now we just need aubiefifty to get mad at ppl posting 

Interesting

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

As he is a true freshman and never started or played in a college game (outside of completely controlled A day game against reserves) he can’t be making same mistakes over and over again. He is getting an enormous bump in that he has no experience baggage that everyone is looking for.

The fact that he is a true freshman and it seems like he has the “gamer” tag speaks volumes . I expect struggles from all of them but I don’t expect the same struggles if that make sense. What is the definition of insanity? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Interesting

I do find it funny how you act like a child and get all frustrated that people don't agree with yoy DD is now the #1 QB. 

We're just having conversations here. You seemed to do OK until ppl didn't agree with you on Davis. 

We're jsut talking casually on things we've heard. 

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The fact that he is a true freshman and it seems like he has the “gamer” tag speaks volumes . I expect struggles from all of them but I don’t expect the same struggles if that make sense. What is the definition of insanity? 

Arguing on a forum!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I do find it funny how you act like a child and get all frustrated that people don't agree with yoy DD is now the #1 QB. 

We're just having conversations here. You seemed to do OK until ppl didn't agree with you on Davis

Who's frustrated? You've proven your depth. 

Also, who ever said Dee was or would be  QB1. The fact that you have twist statements proves again who you are and your depth.

There's only one that has disagreed about Dee and he was proven out of his depth in less than a day.

As I said to you previously, there's no need to conversate with one that has proven I'll equiped to have the conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And you have to think, if the o-line is making people have happy feet, we need a guy who can make something out of nothing. DD needs to be taken more serious it seems. Glad we have three QBs trying for first though.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who's frustrated? You've proven your depth. 

Also, who ever said Dee was or would be  QB1. The fact that you have twist statements proves again who you are and your depth.

There's only one that has disagreed about Dee and he was proven out of his depth in less than a day.

As I said to you previously, there's no need to conversate with one that has proven I'll equiped to have the conversation. 

Countless ppl on this board have said Dee will transfer bc he wasn't Harsin's type of QB. I've never done that. The thing thst set you off is me observing he does not have the strongest arm, especially compared to the other two. Since I've seen insiders on other boards make similar comments. 

I've never once said he couldn't be the starter at Auburn during his 4 years here. 

He's been consistently #3 through spring and now was entering the 1at scrimmage of fall. Do you disagree? 

Now he had a good scrimmage against the 3s.as I said, let's see how much time he's going to take away from. The other two next scrimmage... That'll tell a lot. 

Seems a rather pragmatic approach to figuring out where they truly lie 

I see people are starting to get emotional about the QB's again. I just want to take this time and tell the people that can't help it to stick with me. I'm going to stay objective with my comments.

Of course it's hard analyzing stuff from hearsay, and even though it might not add up to what's reported and the actual outcome like it didn't when Bo was a freshman.

But I will critique everyone and it won't be the this guy sucks for his int but this guy tried really hard when he threw his.

• Like 1

So who on here is sure it was just the 3's one guy played and the 1's for another guy? I'd bet my house that I'd say an hour in the team's were mixed with 1's and 2's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

When an undersized guy like DD consistently wins it’s usually because he has intangible qualities that are difficult for a defense to stop. I’m most excited by the possibility of what he can do.

Some people are just winners and find a way in spite of everything around them.  Others get excuses made for them.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

And you have to think, if the o-line is making people have happy feet, we need a guy who can make something out of nothing. DD needs to be taken more serious it seems. Glad we have three QBs trying for first though.

Some old OL and a few insiders have relayed the OL struggled the most on blitz pick up, twists and some other movement on the DL. Also said it hopefully could be fixed and a lot of communication. 

Ideally that's fixed when a consistent group of 5 practice together for a week. Hopefully we see a better performance out of the OL on Friday 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So who on here is sure it was just the 3's one guy played and the 1's for another guy? I'd bet my house that I'd say an hour in the team's were mixed with 1's and 2's

From trying to take in multiple sources, it seems Bo/TJ played with the 1s and 2s and Dee vs the 3s. That seems to be the most consistent view.  Also, as more stuff leaked it seemed the initial harshness towards TJ might have been a little off. Some good praise came in for him later 

Per you other post, it could be hard to tell.

Still, if his performance has been described accurately it deserves some additional work with higher groups. Friday's pairings will be interesting to watch

Edited by W.E.D

Now for me and this is just from being aggravated from the last QB battle I'm happy to see guys that turn it on under the lights get an opportunity. That's all I care about is everybody getting an opportunity. 

I'll just be happy if the days of guys just magically disappearing or not getting to play and everybody on here damn near crucify you for questioning it.

I mean really think about it, I had pretty hard arguments about Willis should be moved to safety/wr. I'm literally saying we haven't even seen if he can throw but we're moving him to an entire different position? That's crazy

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

From trying to take in multiple sources, it seems Bo/TJ played with the 1s and 2s and Dee vs the 3s. That seems to be the most consistent view.  Also, as more stuff leaked it seemed the initial harshness towards TJ might have been a little off. Some good praise came in for him later 

Per you other post, it could be hard to tell.

Still, if his performance has been described accurately it deserves some additional work with higher groups. Friday's pairings will be interesting to watch

I just know how even if it's said it's the 1's, and a majority are in fact that, coaches still send in 3-4 different people because positions are still being evaluated and such. Like I said in another post one week in there really isn't a first team yet. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The thing thst set you off ...

Not set off at all, just call out dumb when it's posted. 

me observing he does not have the strongest arm

So, your observation...off of two or three passes...in a 3 minute clip. Awesome!

Would you mind explaining to the board where you developed your expert qualifications for QB evaluation? 

He's been consistently #3 through spring and now was entering the 1at scrimmage of fall.

Do you know or at least understand why the majority of tFR start out on the lowest rung? If not, that might be a good place for you to start. 

42 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Now he had a good scrimmage against the 3s

Wasn't just the 3's 

• Like 1

I'm just glad 1's are going against 1's.....

• Like 1