CNN: They never learn...

DKW 86

On Monday, CNN’s Clarissa Ward reported that nearby Taliban members who were shouting “Death to America” seemed “friendly at the same time.” Her analysis is a fitting soundbite to represent the shallow stupidity of the corporate media’s failed Afghanistan reporting.

CNN panned for on-air graphic reading 'fiery but mostly peaceful protest'  in front of Kenosha fire | Fox News

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Did you listen to it? They left off part of the quote.

She says “They’re just chanting ‘Death to America,’ but they seem friendly at the same time.....ITS UTTERLY BIZARRE

And she said that while looking down with a confused face. 

I don't take it that she was complimenting the Taliban in any way....she was just describing a scene where these Taliban fighters are laughing, cheering, taking selfies with reporters and civilians while at the same time waving guns and talking about death and destruction. 

that is bizarre. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

She says “They’re just chanting ‘Death to America,’ but they seem friendly at the same time.....ITS UTTERLY BIZARRE

I don't take it that she was complimenting the Taliban in any way....she was just describing a scene where these Taliban fighters are laughing, cheering, taking selfies with reporters and civilians while at the same time waving guns and talking about death and destruction. 

that is bizarre. 

Yes i saw the whole piece live. She was talking about having to don the head scarf and being told to get out of the way by the Taliban, for being female. 

If she stays long, she may be dead soon.

29 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

that is bizarre. 

Reminds me of the Iranian protests against America - "Death to the great Satan!" 

But if you asked them privately, they would love to come here.

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Reminds me of the Iranian protests against America - "Death to the great Satan!" 

Edited by AUDub
  • Haha 1

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/cnns-ward-kabul-colleague-pistol-whipped-79525652

CNN's Ward says Kabul colleague nearly pistol-whipped

CNN's Clarissa Ward says her producer on a report from Afghanistan was nearly pistol-whipped by Taliban fighters, before another one stepped in to save him

This was widely reported, except for one news org. Anyone want to guess which one?  I googled that one site multiple times. Bupkis

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

On 8/17/2021 at 5:04 AM, DKW 86 said:

On Monday, CNN’s Clarissa Ward reported that nearby Taliban members who were shouting “Death to America” seemed “friendly at the same time.” Her analysis is a fitting soundbite to represent the shallow stupidity of the corporate media’s failed Afghanistan reporting.

CNN panned for on-air graphic reading 'fiery but mostly peaceful protest'  in front of Kenosha fire | Fox News

What an idiot!

• Dislike 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, homersapien said:

You’re an idiot

• Dislike 1

On 8/19/2021 at 2:22 PM, homersapien said:

You certainly implied that with your posts in response:

To which you responded:

So no, you didn't actually say all BLM protests were violent, you simply implied it by disputing or countering any statement to the contrary.

That's the sort of tactic one expects from a passive aggressive weasel.

10 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

You just now figuring that out?

Naw, just wanted him/her/they to know that I know he/she/them is a damned idiot

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jluvah said:

Naw, just wanted him/her/they to know that I know he/she/them is a damned idiot

You and Eagle 1 are on the wrong forum.

We've got a special place for folks like you to show off your intellects.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

You and Eagle 1 are on the wrong forum.

We've got a special place for folks like you to show off your intellects.

I see that you identify as an angry old man. And with 44,000 posts, an angry old man with not much to do. Aren’t you special with all your opinions! You must have been an educator in your angry young man days!

15 hours ago, jluvah said:

I see that you identify as an angry old man. And with 44,000 posts, an angry old man with not much to do. Aren’t you special with all your opinions! You must have been an educator in your angry young man days!

Like I said, you are on the wrong forum.  We've set aside a special place for such posts.