it is time for us to come together

aubiefifty

19 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I know I have been......

I certainly have and that what sucks because I now can't hardly have civil discussions because of people being upset from stuff years ago. Any time I get in a debate it's going to be you argued with this person before and then people I literally haven't spoken to for 2 years are going to start liking or commenting. That's so crazy to me how a person could carry a football disagreement for years but hey that's life. And I was much more bull headed back then. 

I know how things are here and there are certain things I'm not settling for, so I know there will be times I have to deal with stuff. And that's ok, can't cry about it. 

But to me there's nothing anymore wrong on this board than any other board. Only thing I'll even criticize is everybody mods and posters be consistent and as thorough as possible. 

But I can't say this enough, just because a guy may have a personal favorite player and thinks the world of him and says he's the best and someone chimes in no he's not the best.....that doesn't make this a bad place. 

I just love talking football. If I had a wish, I'd love to have people that also love talking football, not just being a homer but just really enjoying football.

The basketball thread was like that but it sort of lost it when we became good so much more traffic came through and it sort of changed it. 

But I'm rambling and you didn't ask for half of this 😂

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I like the Harsin hire also.

But the media didn't have to "look" for something negative on him, he handed it to them.

I think that depends on your view of the subject. If Saban took the same stance do you think Goodman would have teed off on him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I think that depends on your view of the subject. If Saban took the same stance do you think Goodman would have teed off on him?

Probably not in the same way, but that is about the power dynamic in the state and not about whether or not Harsin handled this in a manner deserving of negative media coverage. (He did.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Probably not in the same way, but that is about the power dynamic in the state and not about whether or not Harsin handled this in a manner deserving of negative media coverage. (He did.)

............ Depending on your view of the subject.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timbeaux38 said:

............ Depending on your view of the subject.  

Oh, how wrong Harsin's stance is or isn't is absolutely up for debate.

But the difference in how the media would treat saban isn't really about how you view the subject. It's about how saban is on a 14 year run of historic success as the school where the HC is the most important person in the state by a significant margin, where the majority of the state's journalists are produced, where the majority of the state's politicians are produced, and to whom the majority of the state's media consumers are loyal. These aren't matters of perspective or viewpoint. Nor is the fact that Harsin lived in Idaho this time last year and has never coached a game in the SEC. 

6 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

His stance aside, You know as well as I do that Goodman has had it out for AU for a while. The guy cries about getting a free hat for goodness' sake. 

Oh, for sure. And his piece on it was way over the top. He might have actually done us a favor. The rest of the local media might be like, uh, I don't want to get lumped in with that douchebag.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, for sure. And his piece on it was way over the top. He might have actually done us a favor. The rest of the local media might be like, uh, I don't want to get lumped in with that douchebag.

Dude doesn't even try to hide his bias.... although he did remove the pic of Bryant Denney from his Twitter feed after a gozillion folks called him out. 

Apparently the editors at Alabama Media Group think the whole site is a giant op-ed column- I want reporting, not opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I certainly have and that what sucks because I now can't hardly have civil discussions because of people being upset from stuff years ago. Any time I get in a debate it's going to be you argued with this person before and then people I literally haven't spoken to for 2 years are going to start liking or commenting. That's so crazy to me how a person could carry a football disagreement for years but hey that's life. And I was much more bull headed back then. 

This doesn't jive with your stance on the matter 28 months ago in week 3 of spring practice when you said you were tired of all the bickering and wanted us to all just get along!!!!!!  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47etxfkl5t4dcpsnv6ro

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Haha 1

Fifty, thanks for posting this. It's an opinion board so I come here expecting different opinions.   You and I have gone round and round a couple of times, frankly I don't remember what about.  Why hell, even old Homey is one of my favorite posters...eventhough the old Bolshevik and I don't share much In common but Auburn football [ 🙂 ].  I like what you are doing putting out articles and helping the off-season chatter. Which is a tuff task admittedly since I think everyone is just ready for the baby to be born.

Seems like ages since there was much in the way of good Auburn football news.  That's about to change.  Then it'll just be the usual arguments over player x vs y, hopefully...at least there will be actual performance to argue over...games to go to and bird season will be close behind so; and thankfully, less down time to spend on the web.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

His stance aside, You know as well as I do that Goodman has had it out for AU for a while. The guy cries about getting a free hat for goodness' sake. 

i go to the rant some and i got the shock of my life. bamafans were giving goodman hell and many stated over and over they would never support him. when is the last time you guys ever saw that happen? i was shocked.

• Like 1

Just now, japantiger said:

Fifty, thanks for posting this. It's an opinion board so I come here expecting different opinions.   You and I have gone round and round a couple of times, frankly I don't remember what about.  Why hell, even old Homey is one of my favorite posters...eventhough the old Bolshevik and I don't share much In common but Auburn football [ 🙂 ].  I like what you are doing putting out articles and helping the off-season chatter. Which is a tuff task admittedly since I think everyone is just ready for the baby to be born.

Seems like ages since there was much in the way of good Auburn football news.  That's about to change.  Then it'll just be the usual arguments over player x vs y, hopefully...at least there will be actual performance to argue over...games to go to and bird season will be close behind so; and thankfully, less down time to spend on the web.

we had some knock down drag outs that were epic. but at the end of the day i never wished you ill. i like the fact we did that and still speak because our feelings were kinda raw. i think we both fight to win but can get along later and that is epic in my book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

All we need to "come together" is another championship - or even another "kick six".  ;)

Or basketball season to come back. :D That forum is pretty chill (most of the time) and the people that are basketball fans tend to respect each other enough to not have too many squabbles.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

This is what some of my threads look now that I've discovered the Ignore User feature.  😆

Yep, I use it extensively. I still seem to see their posts though because they are always arguing with someone and being quoted. Most of the ones I ignore because of the way they treat everyone, not particularly myself. They just do not seem to be the type person I would associate with in everyday life. You gotta make the forum as bearable as possible lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i go to the rant some and i got the shock of my life. bamafans were giving goodman hell and many stated over and over they would never support him. when is the last time you guys ever saw that happen? i was shocked.

Was it about Harsin? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Was it about Harsin? 

yes and many were saying they would probably have to support harsin to an extent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is true. He is so transparent about being a troll that no one likes him regardless of what side they are on or who they cheer for.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

can i get one or two folks to be bold and stand up and say i will try and lets have some fun on this site. so many folks bring so much insight in discussions if we will just take a deep breath.

I’m with you aubiefifty, let’s get on to some FOOTBALL!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

1st off, I would never do that.

2nd off, hand eye coordination is a facet of athleticism so therefore talking about Lutz' ability to catch badly thrown balls does speak to his athleticism!

I have died on this hill, and will continue to die on it long after the ashes of the server this site is hosted on have been forgotten.

Or not :lol: 

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

can i get one or two folks to be bold and stand up and say i will try and lets have some fun on this site. so many folks bring so much insight in discussions if we will just take a deep breath.

I will stop being my contentious self and causing so many problems... 😁😇

Seriously, though, I appreciate the effort to remind folks to enjoy football and focus on football. It may not be a winning effort with some, but some of us appreciate it. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I will stop being my contentious self and causing so many problems... 😁😇

Seriously, though, I appreciate the effort to remind folks to enjoy football and focus on football. It may not be a winning effort with some, but some of us appreciate it. 🙂

who is the other lady that used to be on here almost every day? it has been a while since i have seen her and i believe she was attacked but i cannot remember who or why. but there have several and there is not sense in it. none.

I think everyone is running a little hot right now, but that's understood. Look at all the crap people have been put through for the past year and a half. As I mentioned before in a previous thread, there are two sides going on: 1. just want to be left alone and return to a state of normalcy. 2. believe everyone should take a shot in the belief that it will be the road to normalcy.

The kicker is each side wants the same thing, and arguments will just go in circles. Regardless, I don't wish ill will on anyone except those referees from 2018 LSU game. Bunch of pricks gave LSU that game lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, get ready the little worm apparently has another hit piece coming out....I despise the fact that he's allowed to tag anything #WDE. Little man didn't even have the nads to tag Harsin himself. 

• Haha 2