Alabama State @ Auburn Score Prediction

Zeek

I think similar score to Akron.  While I want a shutout I don't want one at the expense of not getting some newer younger players PT. You always have to build towards the future.  I think Alabama State may be a little better than Akron.  49-7.

• Like 1

72-0

I think they get the shutout. Akron scoring was a good learning moment and I think it will be a motivating factor. I don' think AU will try and score as much but I also saw the coaches run their game plan most of the game even with backups to get them reps. AU also has four backs that can score at anytime if we are trying to just run it out. 

I do believe we only see the starters as long as they have to be in for situational work. 

9 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

72-0

I think they get the shutout. Akron scoring was a good learning moment and I think it will be a motivating factor. I don' think AU will try and score as much but I also saw the coaches run their game plan most of the game even with backups to get them reps. AU also has four backs that can score at anytime if we are trying to just run it out. 

I do believe we only see the starters as long as they have to be in for situational work. 

I believe we see starters at least through the first half.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn 69 -10 ASU.  Either another missed XP or a couple FGs.  

I don't think Carlson misses another PAT this year lol

• Like 1

67-7

1st team gets the first half and the 1st series in the second half. Finley takes most of the snaps after that but DD gets to run a full series too. The 3rd team D allows the score and they have to run stadium steps.

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe we don't, but I'd love to get punched in the mouth once and respond

Given all of the veterans we have on offense, I don't think they will unravel because of a bad play or two. Penn State may win the game but it won't be because Auburn panicked. Nix, Bigsby, Shivers, Brahms, S.Jackson, D.Robertson and the rest of the O-line: Those guys "know a thing or two because they have seen a thing or two". I actually think that we take care of business in Happy Valley.

• Like 2

For a lot of reasons, I think this game will be a little closer than people are thinking. Think about it, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by embarrassing ASU.

Auburn 35

ASU      10

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

67-7

1st team gets the first half and the 1st series in the second half. Finley takes most of the snaps after that but DD gets to run a full series too. The 3rd team D allows the score and they have to run stadium steps.

I think DD gets the whole 2nd half much like Finley did Saturday. It’s hard to evaluate a QB  when you don’t let him play several series in a row.  My assumption at this point is that there is very little separation between Finley and DD and the staff would like to see a clear number2. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

Given all of the veterans we have on offense, I don't think they will unravel because of a bad play or two. Penn State may win the game but it won't be because Auburn panicked. Nix, Bigsby, Shivers, Brahms, S.Jackson, D.Robertson and the rest of the O-line: Those guys "know a thing or two because they have seen a thing or two". I actually think that we take care of business in Happy Valley.

That's a good point. They've been beaten on plenty these last two years.  New coach, but not new/inexperienced players.

10 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

I think DD gets the whole 2nd half much like Finley did Saturday. It’s hard to evaluate a QB  when you don’t let him play several series in a row.  My assumption at this point is that there is very little separation between Finley and DD and the staff would like to see a clear number2. 

Finely is pretty clearly that #2 QB.  He's going to get the majority of the 2nd half, IMO.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Finely is pretty clearly that #2 QB.  He's going to get the majority of the 2nd half, IMO.

Hoping we force some turnovers and keep Alabama State from eating as much clock as Akron did. I don't blame smaller programs though for bleeding the clock to keep the score down though. If we can do that, then Tank and Bo can get their stat-padding while still getting the others meaningful reps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I think they want him as clearly #2 so not to potentially burn a red shirt.

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think they want him as clearly #2 so not to potentially burn a red shirt.

DD will get RS'd.  Finely I don't think it matters.  W/ a Covid Year he's essentially a TrFr again with 5 to play 4.

If he's good enough, ideally he sits for 2 years, then starts for 2 and goes to the NFL.  Last year was effectively his RS year