96% of Covid-19 patients in WHS ICUs are unvaccinated.....

AU9377

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/95-georgias-icu-beds-are-now-occupied-amid-covid-19-surge/2KXOPCBCMFBFPJO47TOJQIM5SE/

https://newschannel9.com/news/coronavirus/we-need-your-help-urgent-plea-from-northwest-georgia-health-care-facilities

There are currently 5,893 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Georgia, which is seeing the highest rates of hospitalization since the pandemic began. Just over 34% of patients being treated at hospitals in Georgia were COVID-19 patients.

As of Sept. 4, 96% of the COVID-19 patients being treated in the Wellstar Health System who were in the intensive care unit were unvaccinated. Only seven vaccinated patients were on ventilators compared to 114 unvaccinated patients.

“It is tragic but not surprising that we have surpassed this grim milestone of 20,000 COVID deaths in our state,” said Kathleen E. Toomey, M.D., M.P.H., Georgia Department of Public Health commissioner. “Ninety seven percent of COVID deaths since we’ve had vaccine are in unvaccinated individuals. These deaths are preventable.”

Its so damn unnecessary. I just listened to someone grieving because his grandmother died from covid while adamantly declaring he will never get vaccinated because more people were hospitalized from the vaccine than covid itself. People that willingly distribute false covid information should be held criminally liable

• Like 3

I keep hearing stupid s*** like "99% of people don't die from COVID."  But they utterly ignore how this compares to infectious disease in our lifetimes, or even the last century.  When is the last time an infectious illness killed 661,000 people in 18 months in the US?  For comparison, the worst flu season in the last 20 years in the US killed abut 65,000 people and the last really bad one before that was in 1968-69 (Hong Kong Flu) that killed as many as 100,000 people in the US.  And what disease can you remember that took up over half the available ICU beds statewide in almost every state in the country?  The minimizing of this is mind-blowing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Not surprising considering heart disease causes about 800,000 deaths annually in the US alone and we still carry on with our unhealthy ways.......

True, but you can't catch heart disease from me, nor I from you.  It's a combination of genetics and diet that only impact the individual's health, not anyone else's.  Plus, you can't basically eliminate 90+% of serious heart disease and close to 99% of deaths from heart disease by getting a couple of shots spaced a few weeks apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

True, but you can't catch heart disease from me, nor I from you.  It's a combination of genetics and diet that only impact the individual's health, not anyone else's.  Plus, you can't basically eliminate 90+% of serious heart disease and close to 99% of deaths from heart disease by getting a couple of shots spaced a few weeks apart.

You completely missed the point..........point being with 800K deaths each year you'd think we as a society would want to live healthier lifestyles....be more active, make better choices as far as our foods. Yet as whole most ignore that fact and and why would we think anything different about trying to prevent deaths from Covid? Most people have a "it won't happen to me" attitude. That transcends whatever virus or disease that is out there. 

• Facepalm 2

This couple lived in Huntsville and were Ebay resellers and ran a 'Pickers' Youtube Channel. This is one of their videos. at the 0:41:00 mark he starts talking about how he'll wear a mask, but only below his nose just to make other people leave him alone and that he saw a video where he learned that the Covid vaccine isn't really a vaccine and is just a "therapy". They say they haven't gotten the vaccine and don't plan to. They then complain about mandates, say their 'passport' is the US Bill of Rights and that they've survived worse like cancer and that this whole thing will be behind us in a few years. 

From what I gather they had posted other anti-vaxx anti-mask videos that they later removed. Their YouTube channel has been deleted. 

Tristan Graham the wife died of Covid at the end of August. 

Dusty Graham died of Covid yesterday. 

Here is the gofund me operated by their children https://www.gofundme.com/f/funeral-expenses-for-tris-from-alabama-pickers?utm_campaign=p_cf share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&fbclid=IwAR0SjFxAuntHOj-pFRH9PkHk_wk9u4h26_YaznGhszmdevqK8BSAnmvYlZY 

Even though at the beginning of this video they are talking about their Ebay business bringing in $15,000+/month, apparently they didn't leave enough to cover the medical/ funeral expenses. 

• Like 2