Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

Everybody's got a loud stadium. The two places that pride themselves the most on all that stadium nonsense Penn State and ATM get their ass beat at home as much as or more than the next guy. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

They come in all olive-branchy being nice but making sure they pull rank lol. What dumbasses.

To be fair, it's only one of them that's a jackass. The other person came in respectful and has stayed that way, and is actually calling out the other PSU fan.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Caldavis said:

The numbers are usually pretty high to get into PSU. It would shock me if they weren’t even or better. I applied to your MBA in aviation after my undergrad and got in right away. I had barely a 3.2 GPA at the time. 

Special needs exemption?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Just to be clear: do I see two Penn State guys giving each other the business in here?

I was about to ask about this... and is this a first??

to have two OTHER Schools fans fighting each other on here.... I mean

we usually always have a few of us going after each other, but DANG... lol

RIVALS fightn wit each other on the forum... Apropos for us I guess.. or when in  Rome maybe??

10 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Plus I'm drunk.

and then i spit my drink out laughing when i read that, so there's that...

3 hours ago, jAUSon said:

The annual sh*tstorm Auburn fights through and still make a legit run at the almighty every third year, either win it all or be snubbed twice a decade- need to honor the fifty-year media darling just because they have the same old helmet and that .500 Michigan State record? I'm past middle age and I don't remember s*** about Penn State except how good they are in the pre-season. That and when I go there I'm always suprised at the pasty white unshaven bear-s*** eating women they have up there my goodness. Look. Tell us which 7/11 to park at and which Academy tent has the best yams or whatever then get the hell out. This game is a tossup. We know you have a big stadium and you love your team. Everything else you say is automatic bull****.

See my post in the @bigbird Why Auburn beats Penn St. thread. Facts don't lie. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jAUSon said:

The annual sh*tstorm Auburn fights through and still make a legit run at the almighty every third year, either win it all or be snubbed twice a decade- need to honor the fifty-year media darling just because they have the same old helmet and that .500 Michigan State record? I'm past middle age and I don't remember s*** about Penn State except how good they are in the pre-season. That and when I go there I'm always suprised at the pasty white unshaven bear-s*** eating women they have up there my goodness. Look. Tell us which 7/11 to park at and which Academy tent has the best yams or whatever then get the hell out. This game is a tossup. We know you have a big stadium and you love your team. Everything else you say is automatic bull****.

I TRULY appreciate the fervor in your delivery! Carry on good sir and War Damn!!

PSU fan here, coming out of the woodwork for this one.

Auburn fans, please don't let trolls define us as a fanbase.  Auburn is well respected in the PSU community, and seen as the southern version of us by many.  

We think our strength of schedule is quite stout.  That's not to say yours isn't even moreso.  Not claiming to have it tougher than you, just saying being told we play a cupcake schedule will have us stand up and defend ourselves.  We're in one of the hardest divisions in college football and usually (not always) with 1 premier OOC game thrown on top.  This year, our schedule "so far" is stronger, we had 1 real game while you had zero.  That's not putting you down, you'll be tested plenty, it's early season. 

And our 1 was a big W on the road but not exactly in impressive fashion, and it was also game 1 with a new OC.  These are 2 teams with still a lot of unknowns, and, well, we're going to find out.  Unknown doesn't mean we're better or you're better.  It means it's unknown.  

I have been to LSU, Florida, and Georgia in addition to most of the B1G venues.  Would love to experience Auburn next year.  Yes, Beaver stadium on a white out night is louder and crazier than any of them.  And, sadly, and admittedly, maybe it's because we only get that crazy for 1 or 2 games a year rather than week in and week out.  We save it up for 1 big night and go overboard on that one.  I guess the same may be true of LSU and Florida, etc, and maybe I haven't experienced those places at their finest.  But yes it's going to be an incredibly loud and crazy place Saturday night.  We started the "color out" gimick in CFB, and it is a gimick, but we are proud of it and it goes far beyond color, the place is noticably louder and crazier and we really hype it up.  Do I think it affects the game?  Absolutely.  Do I think that means it's over, pack up and go home, Auburn has no chance?  No way.  For those going to the game, enjoy!  Will say the visitor section is nosebleed seats and not nearly as loud way up there.  A lot of "loudness" in college football is based on architecture of the stadiums, and Beaver Stadium is relatively steep and kind of reflects the sound down on the field.  The student section side of the field is the teeth of it.  

Yeah, we're 8-8 in white outs.  Keep in mind it's always our toughest home game of the year, and quite often OSU.  It'd be like saying Auburn is "only" 8-8 against Alabama and Georgia, so clearly the home field isn't an advantage, right?  We've had our off years too, and our record on the road against the same teams isn't anywhere close to 8-8.  So yeah, it helps.  

• Like 2

When you have slipped down the ladder, you get stepped on. This is what we are experiencing.  
Penn State fans are feeling good about their team. Recruiting is going very good, high expectations are sticking their heads back up( the buckeyes lost man!!!  Lol !) and AU ain’t AU of old. 

It is time to remind the B10 why the SEC is always at the top and why they scream conspiracy and them $$ESPN cheaters

War Eagle

On 9/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, EastAl_Tiger said:

i don't know if the Oline getting pushed around early was technically a "mistake" Saturday that can be corrected.  I think it's just who they are. Maybe it is was all mental. Sure looked like they got out physicaled to some degree. will be a real test of Nix's mental progress if things aren't perfect

Why do you not know? Did you not watch the game? It was obviously corrected to the tune of 62 points. Your comment makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, SeabassPSU said:

From a PSU perspective...factors that could lead to an Auburn win

1) How will AU handle the crowd/intensity particularly early on. If they fall behind quick, that will likely lead to a close game in the 4th which is when that crowd comes alive (iirc only 2018 OSU has been able to come from behind and win)

2) Is PSU defense really as good as they've shown? Our defense has looked stout in the past only to be run off the field by a faster team so I always have my doubts until we play a team with some real speed which it sounds like y'all have (usually OSU/Mich is our litmus test in that area)

3) We have a solid group of backs but none of them IMO seem like true #1 options or have big play potential. This might piss some of the PSU fans off but I'm not sure our group of backs is as good as we think they are.

4) Clifford...can he keep the TOs off the board as he's been doing.

5) O-line...was supposed to be a strength but has been underwhelming. Interesting to see how they play this week.

Just curious but who are some players on AU we should be watching? Any big NFL talent over there? I'm a big browns fan and love our rookie WR we got from you guys...

Good post. Honestly, a lot of questions on both sides. To assert anything else is just talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

DL: Young but extremely talented and hungry to prove themselves. Watch for Wooden, Walker, Hall, Burks. Also transfers Fair and Harris have been playing very well. There is Sunday talent in that group.

LB: Zakoby McClain and Owen Pappoe. They are everywhere and seldom make a mistake or miss a tackle. Early round LB talent, IMO.

DB: Probably the deepest and most talented position on D.  We have legit NFL talent at all 4-5 positions.  

Offensively, it's kinda a mystery but talented. Our WRs need to be more consistent in their catching (every coach always says that about their receivers), but are a diverse group. We have burners, size, and possession-type. Like the DL, they are young and want to prove themselves. 

RB: Bigsby and Hunter. If you don't know, you will.  They are legit...even with avg OL play.

OL: Like you said, a weakness. Our right side is our best side and our weakest is LT. They do a much better job at run blocking as opposed to pass pro. They have difficulty picking up line stunts, but have improved a lot with that since last season.  They haven't played the level of DL they will Saturday, but the communication and result has been refreshing.

TE: The most diverse group on O. Again, unproven (in the passing game) but extremely talented.

QB:. Has looked night and day different from his first two years at AU.  Has done a much better job staying in the pocket and his mechanics have dramatically improved. This improvement has led to much better accuracy, placement, and anticipation. His deep ball has been retooled and it's led to much better down field accuracy.  No one knows how he will play on the road. IMO, His past road difficulties has been a combination of poor coaching, poor scheme, poor OL play, poor mechanics, and panic. The Coaching and scheme have been upgraded with Harsin. Will the mechanics, OL play, and Panic remain elevated like the previous two wins? That's the million dollar question.

These are just my quick thoughts.

I like how you hid the identity of one #99 for us when you gave this breakdown to James. He will never know what hit him.

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like how you hid the identity of one #99 for us when you gave this breakdown to James. He will never know what hit him.

😁

18 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If their interior OL really is weak, then 89 might make a name for himself in this one, too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Negative embry riddle was a better path. 

The only thing Empty Nipple is good at is male dominated hot tub parties and pilots who can’t land in a crosswind.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

DL: Young but extremely talented and hungry to prove themselves. Watch for Wooden, Walker, Hall, Burks. Also transfers Fair and Harris have been playing very well. There is Sunday talent in that group.

LB: Zakoby McClain and Owen Pappoe. They are everywhere and seldom make a mistake or miss a tackle. Early round LB talent, IMO.

DB: Probably the deepest and most talented position on D.  We have legit NFL talent at all 4-5 positions.  

Offensively, it's kinda a mystery but talented. Our WRs need to be more consistent in their catching (every coach always says that about their receivers), but are a diverse group. We have burners, size, and possession-type. Like the DL, they are young and want to prove themselves. 

RB: Bigsby and Hunter. If you don't know, you will.  They are legit...even with avg OL play.

OL: Like you said, a weakness. Our right side is our best side and our weakest is LT. They do a much better job at run blocking as opposed to pass pro. They have difficulty picking up line stunts, but have improved a lot with that since last season.  They haven't played the level of DL they will Saturday, but the communication and result has been refreshing.

TE: The most diverse group on O. Again, unproven (in the passing game) but extremely talented.

QB:. Has looked night and day different from his first two years at AU.  Has done a much better job staying in the pocket and his mechanics have dramatically improved. This improvement has led to much better accuracy, placement, and anticipation. His deep ball has been retooled and it's led to much better down field accuracy.  No one knows how he will play on the road. IMO, His past road difficulties has been a combination of poor coaching, poor scheme, poor OL play, poor mechanics, and panic. The Coaching and scheme have been upgraded with Harsin. Will the mechanics, OL play, and Panic remain elevated like the previous two wins? That's the million dollar question.

These are just my quick thoughts.

yes-clap.gif

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

The only thing Empty Nipple is good at is male dominated hot tub parties and pilots who can’t land in a crosswind.  

wow-damn.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Aviation roast, nice!