Penn St. Score Prediction

tbone1430

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You guys are really, really proud of this white out thing aren't you?

Be a shame if something happened to it. <_<

Pack a big lunch for that O-line, they’ll need it 

• Like 1

Just now, Caldavis said:

What’s your record vs. Uga? 

Not good lately. I wasn’t touting our record against UGA either. Was trying to get real information but not expressly important.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not good lately. I wasn’t touting our record against UGA either. Was trying to get real information but not expressly important.

You asked me a question and I asked you one. Tit for tat. It’s fair

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I answered yours.

8-8 on whiteouts I guess, not sure if that is relevant. Obviously according to your fans we don’t have the “team speed” to play this game but we’ll see. 

Just now, Caldavis said:

8-8 on whiteouts I guess, not sure if that is relevant. Obviously according to your fans we don’t have the “team speed” to play this game but we’ll see. 

I think SEC fans always believe they have the fastest players. I believe it might be true on the lines. I know the white ours look cool on tv. Probably amps up your fans also.

4 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Never mind......;D

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think SEC fans always believe they have the fastest players. I believe it might be true on the lines. I know the white ours look cool on tv. Probably amps up your fans also.

White outs aren’t really a gimmick, we usually only have 1 a season, this season two you and Michigan. It’s not like we white out Ball state. It’s a tradition like tumors corner (sp)or flying an eagle through the air. It’s just what we do. 

36 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

White outs aren’t really a gimmick, we usually only have 1 a season, this season two you and Michigan. It’s not like we white out Ball state. It’s a tradition like tumors corner (sp)or flying an eagle through the air. It’s just what we do. 

Toomer's, FYI.

In case you're in town after next year's game and need to Google it to go see what Auburn's white-out looks like.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Caldavis said:

What’s your record vs. Uga? 

Better than yours against Ohio State. Kind of a dumb deflection though. 

I think we go 2-1 against them. Good matchup and it will be an incredible environment. I was there for our loss against them, on a rainy, doggy day in Tampa, it was ugly.

AU   27

PSU  17

15 hours ago, Zeek said:

Auburn's going to score less on Penn State than Ball State did? Lol k.

Ball State threw 30/45 and 226 yards on your top secondary. Wiscy threw 185 and ran for 180. 

Your running backs only managed a combined 53 yards against wiscy. Your leading rusher averaged 3.5 yards against Ball State.

This post is hilarious. 

I've seen PSU fans and even Auburn folks hype Cain and their running game.  tbqh it has looked terrible as their whole offense has

• Like 1

AU 20

PSU 13

Think this is a sluggish game and both defenses are better than both offenses.  

5 hours ago, Stneumann83 said:

Folks its been great getting to know some of you who have reached out and private messaged about our upcoming tailgate.  Currently we have as many Auburn fans coming to the tailgate as PSU fans!!!  That's awesome.  For those making the trip, you're going to love your time here.  Game time temp should be in the 70's.  Perhaps even more exciting is the fact that a record might be set on Saturday.  110,823 is the all time record at Beaver Stadium.  From a friend who works in the athletic office, as long as the weather holds, we could see the record toppled this week on the verge of 111,000.  My hope is that everyone treats your fans with class.  If you make the trip and run into some morons, understand that those few are typically out of towners who don't represent the good natured people of central Pennsylvania.   

As for the game, as long as its close... it will be loud.  According to university experiments done in the past, at over 142 decibels, the sound produced on field at a Whiteout can generate more volume than a jet taking off from an aircraft carrier which normally runs at 130 decibels....  It's really a site to behold.  Looking at both teams, I think they are well matched up for this game.  In short, I don't expect anyone to run away with it.  IMO, who makes the most mistakes, i.e. turnovers and special teams miss cues.. etc.. that will determine the winner in this one.  I think the Vegas line of -6  Penn State is fair and expect this one to go down in the books.  If this were at Auburn I could easily see this line from Vegas flipped.  I will say this however, Sean Clifford has got to have his s*** together this week otherwise your D will have a field day.  

My prediction is 24-21 PSU.  I give the nod to Penn State for the 12th man generated by the Whiteout.  

"Decibels" is one of those words that no matter how many times I look at it, always looks misspelled. 

Im Dumb GIFs | Tenor 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

What is the record in “white out” games?

i think they are .500

5 hours ago, Stneumann83 said:

Folks its been great getting to know some of you who have reached out and private messaged about our upcoming tailgate.  Currently we have as many Auburn fans coming to the tailgate as PSU fans!!!  That's awesome.  For those making the trip, you're going to love your time here.  Game time temp should be in the 70's.  Perhaps even more exciting is the fact that a record might be set on Saturday.  110,823 is the all time record at Beaver Stadium.  From a friend who works in the athletic office, as long as the weather holds, we could see the record toppled this week on the verge of 111,000.  My hope is that everyone treats your fans with class.  If you make the trip and run into some morons, understand that those few are typically out of towners who don't represent the good natured people of central Pennsylvania.   

As for the game, as long as its close... it will be loud.  According to university experiments done in the past, at over 142 decibels, the sound produced on field at a Whiteout can generate more volume than a jet taking off from an aircraft carrier which normally runs at 130 decibels....  It's really a site to behold.  Looking at both teams, I think they are well matched up for this game.  In short, I don't expect anyone to run away with it.  IMO, who makes the most mistakes, i.e. turnovers and special teams miss cues.. etc.. that will determine the winner in this one.  I think the Vegas line of -6  Penn State is fair and expect this one to go down in the books.  If this were at Auburn I could easily see this line from Vegas flipped.  I will say this however, Sean Clifford has got to have his s*** together this week otherwise your D will have a field day.  

My prediction is 24-21 PSU.  I give the nod to Penn State for the 12th man generated by the Whiteout.  

Finally a rational thought out prediction from a PSU fan. So refreshing. 

6 hours ago, Stneumann83 said:

If you make the trip and run into some morons, understand that those few are typically out of towners who don't represent the good natured people of central Pennsylvania.   

We've already met one or two on this board. Of course we have our fair share, too. Hard to get 100,000 people together without a few duds. 

Extremely cool of you to host the tailgate. Here's to a great game and I hope ya'll have a blast. 

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Finally a rational thought out prediction from a PSU fan. So refreshing. 

Let’s base it on facts. 

1. your crew has never played in a white out. I know it’s a “gimmick” to you, I’ll let that go until Saturday, if you think it’s a joke fine. 

2. your team isn’t built to win this game, look at your first two games, if you want to compare one of those two opponents to us you live in magic land. 

3. you’ll be the only one wearing cowboy boots there. Does the green stripe on the cotton mean it’s quality or it goes to clothes made at Walmart. 

Don’t cry in a corner, you make s*** posts and I can counter, thanks!!!

3 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Let’s base it on facts. 

1. your crew has never played in a white out. I know it’s a “gimmick” to you, I’ll let that go until Saturday, if you think it’s a joke fine. 

2. your team isn’t built to win this game, look at your first two games, if you want to compare one of those two opponents to us you live in magic land. 

3. you’ll be the only one wearing cowboy boots there. Does the green stripe on the cotton mean it’s quality or it goes to clothes made at Walmart. 

Don’t cry in a corner, you make s*** posts and I can counter, thanks!!!

He was paying a complement but you sure as heck showed your ass.

• Like 1

It truly is an honor to play in a White Out Game at Penn State. 

Some observations from the first two live scrimmages. I did not come up with these but found them interesting. 

Last season Nix's average release time was 2.9 seconds. In the Akron game he was getting the ball out in an average of 2.5 seconds. This is a significant improvement. Most of the time now when he rolls out he does get his feet set and step into the throw. If Bo goes back to his hero ball ways he will be sitting on the bench. 

In the Akron game a good portion of the runs were zone reads. In the Alabama State game the run game was more between the tackles. Alabama State and Penn State have one thing in common. That common denominator is a large defensive tackle. I think that the offensive staff took the opportunity to get how the run game looked on tape. In the Akron game we ran more short to medium passing routes and against Alabama State there were more deep balls. 

I say all that to say that Penn State doesn't have any idea what Auburn is going to do.  That offsets the home field advantage. The defenses are both very good. It will come down to turnovers and special teams. 

Auburn 20

Penn State 17

• Like 1