Penn St. Score Prediction

tbone1430

Plainsmen=17

Nappy Lions=27

O-Line caves in. Talent just not there this year.(And no, I do not like picking against my Tigers. Hope I'm so wrong)

6 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Plainsmen=17

Nappy Lions=27

O-Line caves in. Talent just not there this year.(And no, I do not like picking against my Tigers. Hope I'm so wrong)

If that's the case, then it won't be there until at least 2023. This is a veteran team.

Homer me says we win 20-17. Pessimistic Auburn fan me says we lose 20-10 because we haven't won a big road game since the Van Buren administration. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

It’s gonna come down to the lines. If you can run on us that will give us fits. The question mark for our defense coming into the year was our front 7. Departures and injuries left a lot of questions but after 2 weeks the outlook is much more positive. Our secondary is one of the best in the country. 3 future draft picks with 2 of them having projections from last year. Our safety was a preseason AA and the 2 corners are lockdown. I’m not worried about you passing on us. I think we’re gonna surprise you with our receivers and rb’s. I have the final at:

Penn State 24

Auburn 10

Hoping for a great game regardless. For those traveling enjoy one of the great college towns 

Auburn's going to score less on Penn State than Ball State did? Lol k.

Ball State threw 30/45 and 226 yards on your top secondary. Wiscy threw 185 and ran for 180. 

Your running backs only managed a combined 53 yards against wiscy. Your leading rusher averaged 3.5 yards against Ball State.

This post is hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20210912-110119_ESPN.thumb.jpg.542709dd7c130b2ea614c9b4294de063.jpg

I'll refer back to my chart. Wisconsin kept the ball from them for OVER FORTY FREAKING MINUTES. Penn State only gained 50 yards rushing and I'd argue our defense is better.

One broken pass plays and some dumb turnovers kept Penn State from getting absolutely gassed.

Auburn 24 - Penn State 10 and it doesn't feel as close as that score looks. They won't stop Tank and Hunter unless the OL just has a total mental breakdown.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ball State threw 30/45 and 226 yards on your top secondary. Wiscy threw 185 and ran for 180. 

Your running backs only managed a combined 53 yards against wiscy. Your leading rusher averaged 3.5 yards against Ball State.

This post is hilarious. 

But 'white out' Zeek... I mean white freaking out bro.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If that's the case, then it won't be there until at least 2023. This is a veteran team.

Yes it is. And that's a plus. But there is a world of difference between "veteran and talent."

Edited by cctiger

3 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Yes it is. And that's a plus. Bur there is a world of difference between "veteran and talent."

Obviously, we're going to need to keep up the progress we have made in recruiting. Bare minimum we need a top 25 class this year but really we need a top 20.  Now, we're currently higher than where we were in 2021 class when Harsin was hired, and he did eke out a top 20 class. So that's reason for optimism.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

But 'white out' Zeek... I mean white freaking out bro.

They're going to want to use "white out" on that stat sheet when we're done with them

🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

This post is hilarious. 

Ball state scored the TD on our 3rd and 4th string, also look at the yards/attempt not even per completion. And the yards per carry, none of which are good by any stretch of the imagination. As far as the Wisconsin game and our offense, they have been a top 5 defense the last 15 years and it was our first game with a new OC and we still won. This post can be as hilarious as you want but we’ve beaten 2 better teams then you guys have and we’ll see come Saturday. Regardless I look forward to a good game and I think you’ll be surprised. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm concerned about that Akron #2 QB completing 13 of 13 passes against us. That seems to have been overlooked in all the excitement. Assuming we aren't still going to be that soft in the secondary, I think we have too much speed for them. AU 31-20.

Unless, of course, we have to leave some key players behind in Auburn for the reason that cannot be mentioned. That could change things.

This isn’t 1968, speed won’t be a difference. I’d wipe out your first two games when judging this game. No offense, literally but you haven’t been tested in those games, PSU has. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

This post is hilarious. 

It doesn’t really matter we didn’t play Akron and a D2 team. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

They're going to want to use "white out" on that stat sheet when we're done with them

🤪

The white out is a really cool thing not a gimmick, be proud that you’re involved in it. Not many teams get that respect. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

All I really want though is a competitive performance in a big game on the road.  Been a long time since that has happened.

Beat top 10 ranked Oregon away from Auburn just last season. Played like crap and still beat them.

• Like 1

Auburn 20 - Penn St 17.

Goes against my preseason prediction.  We have a much better running game than I expected and I think that will be the difference.  Nix and WR's just need to not turn it over and make the occasional pitch/catch.  If we get better than 55% comp % we win with our running game.  I think we could hold Penn St to 10.

Harsin has had them ready to play...and they are playing 60 minutes.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Beat top 10 ranked Oregon away from Auburn just last season. Played like crap and still beat them.

True road game, not neutral site.  Especially a neutral site game where we have more fans in the stands than the other team.

And that was two years ago bud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caldavis said:

The white out is a really cool thing not a gimmick, be proud that you’re involved in it. Not many teams get that respect. 

You guys are really, really proud of this white out thing aren't you?

Be a shame if something happened to it. <_<

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

Ball state scored the TD on our 3rd and 4th string, also look at the yards/attempt not even per completion. And the yards per carry, none of which are good by any stretch of the imagination. As far as the Wisconsin game and our offense, they have been a top 5 defense the last 15 years and it was our first game with a new OC and we still won. This post can be as hilarious as you want but we’ve beaten 2 better teams then you guys have and we’ll see come Saturday. Regardless I look forward to a good game and I think you’ll be surprised. 

I think one of those teams beat themselves. JS

2 hours ago, Caldavis said:

What is the record in “white out” games?