Harsin comments on 4th down play

aubiefifty

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good. When we make adjustments and string off some wins, I hope you guys keep the same energy that you have shown after 1 very tough game.

When u say string off some wins are u thinking 3 or more.

23 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Finley coming in under center on 4th down with a qb sneak would have been a better playcall imo...

As big as he is I've been under the impression that Finely doesn't really like to stick it up in there on a run. I don't know where I got that impression. Could be wrong. But that was a long two yards. A sneak would be tough.

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

When u say string off some wins are u thinking 3 or more.

Yes sir. UGA is just in a lane of their own. Definitely the next two I am hoping for some more improvement and Ws. I want us to be very competitive with UGA which I believe we can be.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

As big as he is I've been under the impression that Finely doesn't really like to stick it up in there on a run. I don't know where I got that impression. Could be wrong. But that was a long two yards. A sneak would be tough.

Ya you're right, after rewatching it, seems I forgot it was 2.5 yards out. The play call wasn't a good one with our QB situation, as he obviously can't scan the field well. Looks like they were going for PI more than anything, but Bo's throw was so awful that wasn't even in play....Robertson was going to be open in the back of the endzone.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

No, you normally don't run a pick play to the short side of the field, bc you have to get enough space to allow the WR to get out on the rub/or pick.

Also, If it was still a pick play, Hudson HAS to wait for Jackson to come inside and create the pick. Plus, when the pick is made Hudson would have gone straight down the line, NOT at an angle towards where the DB locks him up.

I agree about the short side, but it still looked very much like a rub route to me and Kobe just messed up. He should have waited on Shed to clear. I could be wrong...I guess I am trying to make it better in my head lol. I could get behind a natural pick/rub play call on that more so than just a straight fade rt.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

WDE's pissed, I'm pissed, many fans are pissed about the coaching and decision making by the coaches in this game.  The staff has a lot to work on for the next 2 weeks because October is no cake walk.  @LSU, vs UGA, @ Arky, vs OleMiss in 5 week is tough sledding 

I don't disagree, but I don't think its time to throw the towel in just yet. Still glad Gus is gone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Good. When we make adjustments and string off some wins, I hope you guys keep the same energy that you have shown after 1 very tough game.

I think you know me DAG, I've been here +10 yrs.  I'll bring the energy and I'll even pour on the praise for these coaches when it's warranted.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, gravejd said:

I dont know...i don't think it was the worst call ever.

Probably not the worst call ever, but it was extremely bad. Compounded by the fact that you called a timeout before the play. Plus you may have the best RB in college football. Plus you have a mobile QB who isn't known for his accuracy or touch, and you call...."hey let's fade it to the inside receiver, that always works".  

They had to have planned for this situation and had to have a better play picked out. It's just mystifying.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Probably not the worst call ever, but it was extremely bad. Compounded by the fact that you called a timeout before the play. Plus you may have the best RB in college football. Plus you have a mobile QB who isn't known for his accuracy or touch, and you call...."hey let's fade it to the inside receiver, that always works".  

They had to have planned for this situation and had to have a better play picked out. It's just mystifying.

same goes for the last play of the game. a grade schooler knows what to do there. (hint: it's not send 3 receivers short of the goal line & try to thread the needle to one of them with clock at 00:00)

• Like 1