Daren Bates weighs in

Tiger

On 9/30/2021 at 10:05 AM, cole256 said:

This just made me feel better. The instincts are still right. Literally said EVERYTHING I've been saying. 

Good job, bud. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

There's a difference in who will start, which is what the poll is asking and who should start. A lot of people who voted that Nix will start have posted in the thread saying that Finley should start the game but won't.

Correct, I wasnt referencing that poll. Although I was looking at the responses to that thread amongst others.

8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Correct, I wasnt referencing that poll. Although I was looking at the responses to that thread amongst others.

Well, good for you if you manually counted all the responses. 

I will stand corrected. 

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

He was hurt during the game on a Matthews hit

This is correct. Mathews laid a nasty hit on Cam. Cam was not the same for the rest of the game.

Edited by Didba

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol. @Tiger you see how quick the discredit is to former players? Hilarious. I don't know about you but it reminds me of when the 3 o linemen (dismukes, etc) were talking about their issues and experiences with Gus and many came in saying one guy was disgruntled because he wasn't on the team, and they wanted attention.

Let time pass by and it's oh my! They were right! Then the funniest part is those very same people now use the argument of lack of talent on the o line to make their points now. 

Literally laughed and discredited them for saying it then the very info use for an excuse.....can't make this up

😂😂😂🤡

I thought that Dismukes podcast was very telling regarding Gus's offense.  If we are talking about the same one.  As soon as I listened to it, it confirmed my suspicions for the majority of Gus's tenure.  Gus's offense never prepared guys for the NFL.  Dismukes should have been a stud center for many years in the NFL but because he was so behind the ball on the NFL scheme, he never really had a chance. 

Moral of the story is when former players talk about something they should not be discredited unless its just an utterly ridiculous supposition.  These guys have insights into football and football programs that 95% will never have.  Now not to say their word is gospel but it shouldn't be discredit and should be considered as a good source of insight.  Any poster on here that says otherwise is indeed, a clown.

• Like 2

I recommend anyone who appreciates this perspective to check out Bates's show Raw Room. LOL he wanted Knighton to try for a pick 6 to end the LSU game:

(NSFW LANGUAGE)

He did a full breakdown as well with some random funny AU tangents:

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

He could be just as effective without the rough language....

His language is really despicable. But I don’t think he’s holding anything back. I’m interested in his perspective. 

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Somebody please tell me why he thinks it’s necessary. To be cool? Hip? Need some help here.

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Somebody please tell me why he thinks it’s necessary. To be cool? Hip? Need some help here.

He's just being himself- literally titled "The Raw Room, No Capp". Come on. Who the Eff cares? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

He's just being himself- literally titled "The Raw Room, No Capp". Come on. Who the Eff cares? 

While I get the "who cares" sentiment, I get where they are coming from. Some people have different upbringings where language like that is frowned upon. Could be due to religion. Could just be because some find it tacky. My wife absolutely hates when I say any cuss word. So I try to be respectful and not cuss. I also feel that if the language bothers you that much maybe you should watch something else. 

34 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Oh-Kay??

48 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This. I don’t necessarily talk this way but it doesn’t offend me. If I don’t like it I can turn it off. And, I personally think that it’s hilarious 😂 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tiger said:

I recommend anyone who appreciates this perspective to check out Bates's show Raw Room. LOL he wanted Knighton to try for a pick 6 to end the LSU game:

(NSFW LANGUAGE)

He did a full breakdown as well with some random funny AU tangents:

I agree with him lol. If that was me who caught the INT I’d probably try to take it back all the way too. I don’t think anybody was gone catch him, all the speed guys were downfield nobody was in front but the OL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

P earl
C lutcher
U niversity

This is rich