Monday Morning QB - Georgia

RunInRed

15 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

My point is that, after three years, Bo has a clock in his head set by his past OL's, and this one as well. He knows the overwhelming majority of the time he won't have time to make more than one read, maybe two on a good down. 

That is an unfortunate habit, but understandable.  I hope he can break the habit, we shall see.

The ball on both plays went to an open receiver who would have gotten a first down or a touchdown. I find it odd to look for problems with the play call or the QB's decision making, and I don't see any logic in assuming that a different pass would have been more accurate or successful.

Now, if anyone wants to talk about the stop and go down the left side that Bo gave up on prematurely, I'm here for it. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

That is an unfortunate habit, but understandable.  I hope he can break the habit, we shall see.

A lot of folks were certain Jason Campbell was ruined forever before 2004, so have hope!  

Everyone knew this was a rebuilding year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The other play I remarked to was the pass that Sheckner dropped was into traffic. I agree Sheck needs to catch that but go back and look at the play and about 10 feet behind him is Hunter running wide open. Bo could have lobed Hunter the ball and he could have followed Sheck into the end zone. Bo was looking right at him and never saw him. You just can’t miss seeing that as a QB. 

Again, reread the thread.

The read was top down, with Shenker the primary. It was a great designed play and Shenker was open.

It was a combination of the pass could have been a little better placed, and Shenker could have made that catch, even if it was not the easiest catch for the TE. I've also noticed on balls Shenker hasn't caught is his weakness for trying to catch high balls he has to stretch out for.

And also, if you look at the line play, since it was a slow developing play, Bo had a DT bearing down on him, and he looks like he had to rush his throw just a little. Check out the GA rusher....

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The ball on both plays went to an open receiver who would have gotten a first down or a touchdown. I find it odd to look for problems with the play call or the QB's decision making, and I don't see any logic in assuming that a different pass would have been more accurate or successful.

Now, if anyone wants to talk about the stop and go down the left side that Bo gave up on prematurely, I'm here for it. 

RIght on it! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Again, reread the thread.

The read was top down, with Shenker the primary. It was a great designed play and Shenker was open.

It was a combination of the pass could have been a little better placed, and Shenker could have made that catch, even if it was not the easiest catch for the TE. I've also noticed on balls Shenker hasn't caught is his weakness for trying to catch high balls he has to stretch out for.

And also, if you look at the line play, since it was a slow developing play, Bo had a DT bearing down on him, and he looks like he had to rush his throw just a little. Check out the GA rusher....

Why do you think Bo put hands to his head after the play?  There could be several reasons.  Isn’t fandom great.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why do you think Bo put hands to his head after the play?  There could be several reasons.  Isn’t fandom great.

HA. Depends on the character of the QB.

In one sense, hands on head, means he thinking "Damn it, why didn't you catch that Shenk". In another sense, Bo could be thinking.."I wish I had thrown a better ball to Shenk". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

In one sense, hands on head, means he thinking "Damn it, why didn't you catch that Shenk". In another sense, Bo could be thinking.."I wish I had thrown a better ball to Shenk". 

Exactly.  One other option would be “Damn it, I could have put that one in a better position”.  This might be an odd thought for a QB, but it would be some sort of self evaluation.

Guest MustardSeed
20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Start a new thread to analyze it!  We need another 😂

40 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Yup. In either case, Bo knew that pass should've produced the desired result instead of what happened. 

(And I bet both players were told exactly what they should've done better to achieve that result.)

28 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Start a new thread to analyze it!  We need another 😂

I just finished reading Stat’s thread.  Na, I think we have enough Bo threads.

I agree Bo could have done a better job on some of his passes but on the fastball to Shivers Dean was closing fast if he doesn't throw a fastball and takes a little heat off it Shivers gets hammered.  The end Zone Pass to Shenker he had time to set his feet and make a good throw. It was a catchable ball but it was a difficult catch. Part of the issue is O-line is weak and because of that Bo has happy feet, when he starts moving his feet his form gets weak. There were also some really good throws that were dropped and some of those were 20 yards down field. Receiver's catch those and it changes the way defense plays our run game.  If BO had always played behind a solid O-Line he may not have developed the happy feet that we see. That said his footwork this year is much better then last year and if he still had the same receivers as last year we would be a much better team. Seth and Flash with an offense that runs real route trees plus utilize your TE's and RB's and Bo would look better. 

I am not saying Bo is a great QB because he is not or at least has not shown it but sadly fans give all the credit to a QB when things go well and all the blame when it goes badly it is always some place between the two extremes. 

• Like 2