2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He's still on vacation

The he must have an identical twin working his ass off to recruit, support other AU teams, while at the same time preparing for one of the toughest spring football practices since the Dye era.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

The he must have an identical twin working his ass off to recruit, support other AU teams, while at the same time preparing for one of the toughest spring football practices since the Dye era.

Settle down, dear.  It was just a joke

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

You forgot the yellow font or the  :drippingsarcasm7pa:

On a page everyone was joking around and responding to a guy crying...should be obvious

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

So was mine. Lot of stiffs on the board.

There have been so many negative posters about Harsin & company it is hard to tell when some are being negative or trying to make a joke unless the post indicates the intent.  What may appear obvious to some flies over the heads of others.  But I'll try & do better in the future.😀

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Everyone's a stiff on this board except Mr Golf we all know that. OK for all you stiffs out there THAT WAS A JOKE   sorta

Stiffs (just like beauty) is in the eye of the beholder.

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Stiffs (just like beauty) is in the eye of the beholder.

Well I'm good looking what can I say.....it's a curse 

34 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know I know

You forgot to mention you are modest also.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

You forgot to mention you are modest also.

You are so right................. wife tells me that a few times a day.

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

wife tells me that a few times a day.

Along with her name, your name, y'all's relationship, what day it is, where you are, etc ...

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Along with her name, your name, y'all's relationship, what day it is, where you are, etc ...

Cause she loves me plus it is a big big help

• Haha 3

Anyone got any idea on who are realistic QB will be in this class? Heard about Vizzina a lot in the fall, but seems like he wants Clemson or somewhere else

Braxton Myers and Aveion Terrell

Myers, from Coppell, Texas, is the No. 13 cornerback in the 2023 class. Terrell, from Westlake in Atlanta, Ga., is the No. 27 cornerback. Both have offers from Auburn.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, toddc said:

Braxton Myers and Aveion Terrell

Myers, from Coppell, Texas, is the No. 13 cornerback in the 2023 class. Terrell, from Westlake in Atlanta, Ga., is the No. 27 cornerback. Both have offers from Auburn.

I like seeing us push into Jimbo's  hotbed.  If nothing else, every bluechip we pick up from there, hurts them most likely.  

• Like 2

4-star-rb-on-visit-to-auburn

Auburn welcomed 2023 4-star running back Jeremiah Cobb to the Plains Friday for a visit and spring practice. The Montgomery, Ala., native did it all while checking out the program.

“I got to meet with the whole coaching staff, got to watch practice," Cobb said. "Had a little photoshoot, got to see the field, just everything [Auburn] had to bring to the table.”

Jeremiah Cobb visited Auburn for a spring practice Friday.

Jeremiah Cobb visited Auburn for a spring practice Friday. (Caleb Jones)

Auburn's been pushing for Cobb, who's just down I-85 at Montgomery Catholic Prep, to play in the orange and blue threads. It's something he previewed during his photoshoot today.

"I had fun with all the staff, goofing off, taking pictures, all that, it was cool," Cobb said.

As far as what Cobb is looking for in a school, the answer is simple:

“Definitely academics and just a place that feels like home," Cobb said. "And just like, family. I feel like I’m with a family and somebody that really cares for me.”

NATL

ST

POS

JEREMIAH

COBB

UNDECIDED

5'11" | 185 LBS | APB | 2023

MONTGOMERY CATHOLIC

MONTGOMERY, AL

Cobb said he talks mostly with running backs Coach Cadillac Williams and head coach Bryan Harsin, but that he's talking with "really everybody" on the staff. Harsin was one of the last coaches he talked with, snapping a few photos with the second-year head coach before leaving Auburn.

“I feel like [Harsin]’s an amazing coach, especially with this program," Cobb said. "He really wants to turn it around and make it what it what Auburn should be — a winning team.”

The No. 15 player in Alabama plans to narrow down his list schools after his spring game in May. As of now, Auburn is high on that list.

“It stands really high on my list," Cobb said. "I really love it here. They were showing me a lot of love, so I love it.”

• Thanks 1

• Love 1

Carmello English 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, Zeek said:

Updated 

Quarterbacks

4* Christopher Vizzina | 6'4" 207 lbs | Birmingham, AL

5* Jaden Rashada | 6'4" 185 lbs | Pittsburg, CA

Running Backs 

4* Jeremiah Cobb | 5'11" 186 lbs | Montgomery, AL

Wide Receivers 

4*  WR Karmello English | 5'11" 175 lbs | Phenix City, AL

Tight Ends 

Offensive Tackles 

4* Wilkin Formby | 6'7" 295 lbs | Tuscaloosa, AL

Inside Offensive Linemen 

4* Bradyn Joiner | 6'1" 330 lbs | Auburn, AL | COMMITTED TO AU 

Defensive Linemen 

5* Peter Woods | 6'3" 259 lbs | Alabaster, AL

4* Kelby Collins | 6'5" 250 lbs | Gardendale, AL

4* Keldrick Faulk | 6'5" 240 lbs | Highland Home, AL

4* Hunter Osborne | 6'3" 250 lbs | Trussville, AL

Edge Rushers 

5* Chandavion Bradley | 6'5" 210 lbs | Platte City, MO

3* Troy Ford | 6'1" 235 lbs | Savannah, GA

Linebackers

Corner Backs 

5* Jahlil Hurley | 6'2" 170 lbs | Florence, AL

5* Tony Mitchell | 6'2" 180 lbs | Alabaster, AL

5* AJ Harris | 6'1" 180 lbs | Phenix City, AL

Safeties 

4* Sylvester Smith | 5'11" 195 lbs | Munford, AL

4* Terrance Love | 6'3" 195 lbs | Fairburn, GA

Updated, I'll try to do some more tonight. Have to look through a bunch of stuff to catch back up. Things seem to be going well. 

20 hours ago, toddc said:

Carmello English 

I like our odds with him. He has been a constant name connected to us for quite a while now. Terrance Love and Christopher Vizzina are two others I expect to be in this class when all is said and done. Vizzina in particular has been a priority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I like our odds with him. He has been a constant name connected to us for quite a while now. Terrance Love and Christopher Vizzina are two others I expect to be in this class when all is said and done. Vizzina in particular has been a priority.

i have NO idea, but didn't someone say that Vizzina's dad did not like AU?  hey, lets win him over and get this train moving.

4-star WR Karmello English has 'best visit by far coming to Auburn'

Jeffrey Lee•about 19 hours

Auburn, after a visit on Monday, is back in the mix for Karmello English. (Photo: Jeffrey Lee)

Auburn used a Monday visit to work itself back into the mix for four-star wide receiver Karmello English.

A lot of the credit goes to new wide receivers coach Ike Hilliard.

English, from Central-Phenix City (Ala.), had a strong bond with former Auburn wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams. Auburn plummeted down English’s board after Williams was fired mid-season.

Now the Tigers are working their way back up it, and Monday’s visit went a long way in making it happen.

“(The visit) showed me a different — I feel like it’s a different type of love from being around Coach Ike, keeping it real with me, basically,” English said. “Showing me a lot, it put Auburn in a different spot from where I had them from last time.”

English had talked to Hilliard on the phone, but meeting in person “was different,” English said.

Hilliard’s resume, which includes two decades of playing and coaching in the NFL, is something English doesn’t take lightly.

“What I’m trying to do, he already achieved it,” English said. “So, it plays a big role.”

Monday was ‘best visit’ to Auburn for Karmello English

English has visited Auburn several times in the past, but none stacked up with his trip on Monday.

“I saw a lot today than other times that I’ve come,” English said. “This, by far, is the best visit I’ve had coming to Auburn.”

English is listed at 5-foot-11 and 176 pounds and is No. 126 in the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally-weighted, industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He also ranks the No. 23 wide receiver in the class and No. 12 overall recruit in Alabama.

English currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $6,100. The NIL Valuationis comprised of a number of dynamic data points that focus on two primary factors – an athlete’s social media presence and their level of athletic performance.

• Like 4