Sporting News Cover

moe

I have the inside scoop from T-town on this one. The ambush is coming because Croyle is going to go down with an "injury" after 2 games again this season; and then have a miraculous recovery right before the Iron Bowl. Shula has been setting this up for over 2 years, letting everyone believe that he couldn't coach and that Croyle was so fragile. All of the losses in 2003 and 2004, and Croyle being out with an "injury", were all just to set up for his ambush of Auburn at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Nov 19, 2005. He has put more planning into this ambush of 11/19 than Osama did for 9/11. Watch out Auburn!!

You mean that Bamar would actually love to be us at JHS???!!! Why, I'm SHOCKED!

:au::homer:

We play Bama this year? :blink:

168062[/snapback]

That's news to me. They still play football? Hmmm. What conference do they play in again?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Hope springs eternal for summer rags. Seriously, would anyone buy this if the headlines were:

"How in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks will Auburn ever replace four first round draft picks?"

or

"Bama to acheive medriocity this year under Shula!"

They plaster the local teams on the cover and make rosy predictions to sell magazines.

I haven't bought a Lindy's or Athlon's since I was in high school and I am not planning on it again anytime soon.

Hope springs eternal for summer rags.  Seriously, would anyone buy this if the headlines were:

"How in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks will Auburn ever replace four first round draft picks?"

or

"Bama to acheive medriocity this year under Shula!"

They plaster the local teams on the cover and make rosy predictions to sell magazines.

I haven't bought a Lindy's or Athlon's since I was in high school and I am not planning on it again anytime soon.

168095[/snapback]

Iread them for some insight, but they are sssooo wrong sssooo often is is silly.

Yeah, but those summer football rag headlines are like the car wreck you can't avert your eyes from. I remember buying the rags before the '93 season (the year after Bama's best NC team $ could buy, when we were, uh, not NCs) that said things like "Tiger's Ready For Revenge". Everybody around the SEC chuckled and we, uh, went undefeated.

Not trying to start a sub-thread, but lurking Bammers, tell me w/ a straight face Stallings NCAA "oversites" of 93 & 94 weren't happening in '92...

Oh the ambush... Yes, I know what they're talking about.. or atleast what they mean. Auburn is actually the team planning this so called "Ambush"

Let me lay it out for you. The plans are as follows...

1.) Keep Brodie Healthy for the first 10 games.

2.) Auburn and Alabama both ranked high in polls

3.) Bama comes to Auburn & the ambush begins.

4.) Stanley McClover & Quentin Groves Blitz

5.) First Play of the Game (The Ambush) - Stanley kills Brodie. Literally, Brodie doesn't get back up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Always fun to see "Headlines" that bring the uat "rats" runnin' to the "feeder bar"!

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

Ambush? Perhaps with this scenario:

Bama fires Shula mid-season, borrows Bobby Lowder's plane, hires Petrino away from Louisville just before the Iron Bowl... <_<

Archived