Bad Nix strikes again

pensacolatiger

We got Mr. Hyde Bo today....  Not sure if it's the pressure of the big stage or being on the road.  He tends to get a case of the yips in both situations. 

Harsin is all about consistency. When Bo is on, man is he fun to watch. But when he is off, yikes, it's almost like he isn't even a D1 caliber QB. If he can't get that consistency, we need a change. I bet he plays great next week, and I really hope he does obviously. But his up and down play is not conducive for what we need

• Like 1

Last week Bo outplayed a Heisman candidate for 2 quarters.    Today he was just plain bad.  Granted our receivers are not world beaters, but 6 is always open on the post and Bo doesn't even place the ball where he can touch it.   5 has his man beat for a TD and Bo throws it to far to the middle of the field and is literally pointing in the air to show 5 where the ball is.   I don't think I have ever seen that in football.   The 9 yard out that he threw 8 yards.    The ball to Tank that he threw behind him and then on the next play almost threw it over 8's head.  The int.... Today his completions were rarely placed where they should have been.   It was just not a good day for 10. 

• Like 1

Just now, au302 said:

Harsin is all about consistency. When Bo is on, man is he fun to watch. But when he is off, yikes, it's almost like he isn't even a D1 caliber QB. If he can't get that consistency, we need a change. I bet he plays great next week, and I really hope he does obviously. But his up and down play is not conducive for what we need

But I guess he's the best we have, for now.

Just now, DAG said:

I mean..he is as inconsistent as this fanbase. So reactive. He had a bad game today. He will bounce back next week and y'all will want to crown him. He is who he is. I have never thought he would play at the next level. I do believe if the others around him play quality, it gives him confidence and he plays better. I am definitely not yelling bench him. Texas A&M is a tough team, It sucks we loss, especially after the defense played so good. However, we got a fanbase who seems to be losing their minds. Again, I think I big reason is because they bought into this playoff hype. We had a tough stretch. We loss this game, we don't have to lose the season.

I didn't think this was a playoff team, but I thought we had a shot to win out the regular season, then get crushed against UGA. That would have been enough to excite me. 

Bo is such a frustrating player as a fan because he's good enough at times to give you hope, but then he always lets you down. It's not because we lost. It's because we scored 3 points and Bo gave them 6. Hard to watch in year 3.  I never thought we was a NFL guy either, but I was hoping he had moved past these types of performances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

But I guess he's the best we have, for now.

I guess so. I know Harsin is playing who he thinks gives us the best chance to win. My point is that I think the people who claim Bo is automatically the QB next year and in 2023 if he comes back need to re-evaluate that line of thinking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

I didn't think this was a playoff team, but I thought we had a shot to win out the regular season, then get crushed against UGA. That would have been enough to excite me. 

Bo is such a frustrating player as a fan because he's good enough at times to give you hope, but then he always lets you down. It's not because we lost. It's because we scored 3 points and Bo gave them 6. Hard to watch in year 3.  I never thought we was a NFL guy either, but I was hoping he had moved past these types of performances. 

but that is because this team and coaching staff overachieved up to this point. I guarantee you, if we go back to the preseason majority of fans were calling for an 8-9 win season and they would've been happy. Now we have some acting like the sky is falling. Disappointment is one thing but the melting some are doing smh.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I think Bo is just incredibly inconsistent and with a mediocre OL this is what happens.  Life goes on. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

but that is because this team and coaching staff overachieved up to this point. I guarantee you, if we go back to the preseason majority of fans were calling fro an 8-9 win season and they would've been happy. Now we have some acting like the sky is falling. Disappointment is one thing but the melting some are doing smh.

This post should be pinned

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DAG said:

but that is because this team and coaching staff overachieved up to this point. I guarantee you, if we go back to the preseason majority of fans were calling fro an 8-9 win season and they would've been happy. Now we have some acting like the sky is falling. Disappointment is one thing but the melting some are doing smh.

Completely agree on all of that. That's the problem with constantly evolving expectations. 

I'm not melting down at all. Still very happy with Harsin and this season. Excited about the future. Not excited about another year (or two?) of Bo. 

• Like 3

Just now, cbo said:

Completely agree on all of that. That's the problem with constantly evolving expectations. 

I'm not melting down at all. Still very happy with Harsin and this season. Excited about the future. Not excited about another year (or two?) of Bo. 

Yeah wasn't meaning you at all. You are pretty level headed. Talking about all the people incited at the coaching staff, talking transfers and benching. These same folks were on hush mode last week. They will be amazingly active this week though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Bo looked good against horrendous defenses and looked meh against good defenses. Then you have the Georgia and GSU games to put somewhere between those ends 

this is just who Bo is 

Against good teams, especially on the road, Bo is bad.  Today, with a defense behind him that didn't allow a single touchdown, he stunk up the whole field.  He fumbled 3 times, threw an interception, missed open receivers, and took 4 bad sacks.

But honestly, I don't think Finley is any better.

Our answer at QB is either a red shirt, in the portal, or currently playing high school ball.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Yeah wasn't meaning you at all. You are pretty level headed. Talking about all the people incited at the coaching staff, talking transfers and benching. These same folks were on hush mode last week. They will be amazingly active this week though.

It's crazy to watch, especially in the game thread. I think someone said Harsin will never win a championship when the score was something like 9-3. Not to mention the guy who wanted to meet you by the swing set after school to "knock your block off." Haha. People are amazing. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Against good teams, especially on the road, Bo is bad.  Today, with a defense behind him that didn't allow a single touchdown, he stunk up the whole field.  He fumbled 3 times, threw an interception, missed open receivers, and took 4 bad sacks.

But honestly, I don't think Finley is any better.

Our answer at QB is either a red shirt, in the portal, or currently playing high school ball.

Well, we can't expect Harsin and Bobo to undo the poor coaching from the last regime in a single year.

If it can be undone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

Time to consider other options

Bad Bo shows up whenever bad AU shows up. 
We all know he’s not the guy to carry you, but he will perform if the team can perform. 
If you are looking for another Cam, you’ll be waiting a long time…

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

It's crazy to watch, especially in the game thread. I think someone said Harsin will never win a championship when the score was something like 9-3. Not to mention the guy who wanted to meet you by the swing set after school to "knock your block off." Haha. People are amazing. 

Apparently we have Nostradamus and McGregor on this board you didn't know that? 🤷

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

It’s on Hardin too though, if you’ve got 3 pts in the 4th qtr and your qb is putting the ball on the ground, why is he still playing?

hmmmm. you do not even know the coaches name?

• Haha 1

It wasn’t a great game for Nix, but I put this game on Bobo.  Didn’t like the offensive game plan.  Learn and improve.  Hopefully, they can close out the season strong.  

Elmer T. Lee will help me get over the disappointment tonight.  War Eagle!!!   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Apparently we have Nostradamus and McGregor on this board you didn't know that? 🤷

And they spend their valuable time talking to us on a message board. Truly an honor.