Bad Nix strikes again

pensacolatiger

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is ok but thanx. i have a ton of enemies on here so i am used to it. i have never seen him add anything positive on here ever. just a fellow who can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you what flavor it is.

I'm not an enemy.  But if you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it.  You dished it out, now take it.  Without playing the "I'm just so misunderstood" line.

38 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Against good teams, especially on the road, Bo is bad.  Today, with a defense behind him that didn't allow a single touchdown, he stunk up the whole field.  He fumbled 3 times, threw an interception, missed open receivers, and took 4 bad sacks.

But honestly, I don't think Finley is any better.

Our answer at QB is either a red shirt, in the portal, or currently playing high school ball.

people say this about Finley, but there's literally nothing there to gauge what he is. He moves in the pocket better than Bo, he's less mobile than Bo, he has more arm strength than Bo, and he seems to be more level headed. All that tells me is that he could be worth giving a half to and seeing how it goes. I don't see why any of us fans wouldn't want a clear definitive answer to if that guy can be the guy or not. I can only trust what I see on the field 

• Like 1

As I said in the game thread, the advanced analytics said that we needed to be successful on 1st down (moreso than usual) against aTm both offensively and defensively. 

Just look at how the game played out....

They were terrible at 3rd down conversions and only drove the ball when they gained 1st downs on 1st down. 

We needed to stay ahead of the chains to be drive the ball on offense and we had some boneheaded 1st down calls at inopportune times. Elko knew our WRs couldn't beat them and our OL couldn't hold their rush for us to try to throw deep often anyway. They squatted on the quick passes that we've been so successful with in the recent weeks and we didn't counter, at all, kept going to the same well. 

We had some different pieces along the OL play today, but I didn't like the offensive game plan and lack of adjustments in the passing game today. They had a week off and were well scouted. We got whipped....Bo, the OL, the WRs, and Bobo. Only passing grade I'm giving today is the RBs, defense, and Oscar Chapman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

people say this about Finley, but there's literally nothing there to gauge what he is. He moves in the pocket better than Bo, he's less mobile than Bo, he has more arm strength than Bo, and he seems to be more level headed. All that tells me is that he could be worth giving a half to and seeing how it goes. I don't see why any of us fans wouldn't want a clear definitive answer to if that guy can be the guy or not. I can only trust what I see on the field 

I kinda disagree, but I kinda agree at the same time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Nix is who he is. I just hope #11 has been focusing on his education. Goodness gracious he can’t be better than those on the bench. It’s impossible 

Shedrick still being a top 4 WR in the rotation and King being basically shelved after being the 2nd best receiver over the past couple weeks is why I can't trust the offense's roster management. They don't seem to have a consistent grasp on who's the best 11 players. 

You can also see that with the OL but that's just a hectic situation overall 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Last week he was playing his best ball ever and the coaching staff made a great decision sticking with him. Now y'all are calling for change lol.

A common theme amongst fans...and parents

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm not an enemy.  But if you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it.  You dished it out, now take it.  Without playing the "I'm just so misunderstood" line.

first off it was none of your business. second if you are gonna diss the coach get the name right or shut the hell up or at least correct your typo.Also  i do something to help the board and you are gonna diss me about it? i have almost eight thousand likes, etc and most of them are from folks who appreciate the time i take to keep the board informed. i do not discuss the X's and O's like most folk. and if you have read just one article i have posted you know what that makes you right? have fun with that.

22 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

No dropped passes or missed blocks in those games? 
He just decided to throw the game away on his own? 

If everything has to be perfect for the QB to not be terrible, you've got the wrong QB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

first off it was none of your business. second if you are gonna diss the coach get the name right or shut the hell up or at least correct your typo.Also  i do something to help the board and you are gonna diss me about it? i have almost eight thousand likes, etc and most of them are from folks who appreciate the time i take to keep the board informed. i do not discuss the X's and O's like most folk. and if you have read just one article i have posted you know what that makes you right? have fun with that.

Why are you so sensitive about someone commenting on your your comments?  Don't get me wrong: I can see people here enjoying reading your copied articles from Al.com.  I've sometimes enjoyed reading them for the second time in your posts.

Again, the poster you dissed misspelled Harsin's name because the "s" and "d" keys are so close together.  Your criticism of him was uncalled for.  That's why I reacted the way I did.

13 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

no i was very clear. but you had to bring up my posting for the board. i am not poor me nor misunderstood. but understand this. go **** yourself. pardons to the ladies and see yall if i am not perma banned................if i am it has been fun.

Just now, MaxCohen216 said:

Why are you so sensitive about someone commenting on your your comments?  Don't get me wrong: I can see people here enjoying reading your copied articles from Al.com.  I've sometimes enjoyed reading them for the second time in your posts.

Again, the poster you dissed misspelled Harsin's name because the "s" and "d" keys are so close together.  Your criticism of him was uncalled for.  That's why I reacted the way I did.

It's his thing. A lot of people enjoy it. You insulted that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

if you want to act like you know what you are talking about you get the coaches name right. and i was picking at the dude. i was not mad. good lord. just go away.

i going to play elder scrolls online before someone gets their thread locked.

I never bought in to the play-off hype.  The fact is that we’ve got a new coaching staff, with new schemes and mostly the same players from the last couple of seasons.  Not defending Nix, but Gus couldn’t develop QB’s and wouldn’t even let Nix work with known QB gurus during the off seasons, so he’s likely behind the development curve.  Before the season I felt we would win 7-8 games this season.  Anyone that bought into the playoff hype must be delusional!

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if you want to act like you know what you are talking about you get the coaches name right. and i was picking at the dude. i was not mad. good lord. just go away.

I'm not going away. But maybe we can agree to move past this and move on. Hope so.

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

If everything has to be perfect for the QB to not be terrible, you've got the wrong QB. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good qb deals with the adversity and overcomes. Nix just kinda crumbles unless all goes right.

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good qb deals with the adversity and overcomes. Nix just kinda crumbles unless all goes right.

It's weird, right? I swear I like the guy fine as a person. He seems so composed off the field.

But then you have to think about getting him some easy throws early to get comfortable and build confidence, in his third year? I don't get it. 

The Oline got owned today.  Just that simple.  You can blame it all on the QB if you want but when Bo has no protection and Tank has no hole to run through the result is not going to be pretty.  It wasn’t.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sigh. Bo had a bad game. Receivers had a bad game. Bobo had a bad game. This is an obvious fan forum not an ex D1 player forum. :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

The Oline got owned today.  Just that simple.  You can blame it all on the QB if you want but when Bo has no protection and Tank has no hole to run through the result is not going to be pretty.  It wasn’t.  

Yep. Good call. Forgot to mention oline not the best day either.