2023 4* CG Stephon Castle commits To UConn

AUreo

Commitment date: Nov.19 5:00pm ET

Finalists: Auburn, Arkansas, Connecticut, GA Tech, Ohio State

It's probably between Auburn and Connecticut. 

4 hours ago, AUreo said:

It's probably between Auburn and Connecticut. 

And I think UConn is a legit threat. Told 247 his family lives in New York & it's his 2nd home.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

And I think UConn is a legit threat. Told 247 his family lives in New York & it's his 2nd home.

They also have either close friends or family on the UCONN staff but I still think Auburn has a s shot. It’s much closer to his 1st home.

Edited by AUreo

UCONN fans are very confident and somehow UGA is also in the mix:

“For those wondering: Castle's teammate (#108 Marquavious Brown) just committed to UGA on 11/11 and is recruiting him hard to follow”

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

UCONN fans are very confident and somehow UGA is also in the mix:

“For those wondering: Castle's teammate (#108 Marquavious Brown) just committed to UGA on 11/11 and is recruiting him hard to follow”

UGa is not a factor.

38 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

When do we really DON'T need to land this one? :)

True but since we didn't land N.Smith, JWalker, etc, there is some real need to land a potential 5-star recruit this time :)

Mabye it would also help landing Carlyle later on !

Would be great to get him but not need to get him per se as others have thought. The 2023 class is loaded and a good number of them would love to come to AU.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Clemente, AU Rivals recruiting reporter, & 3 insiders still think AU so there's still hope.

Clemente’s updated prediction is UConn now

12 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Just curious....what does this post exactly mean?

“Connecticut: “My official visit went really well. I like the coaching staff and I could tell my parents did too. It is close to my second home in New York where my family is so I really like that too.”

Guessing that he goes to school in GA but his family all resides in the NE?

24 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Just curious....what does this post exactly mean?

UCONN invited Stephon's grandma to his OV (he hadn't seen  her since Covid). His mom tweeted about it...they are all big UCONN fans now.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

“Connecticut: “My official visit went really well. I like the coaching staff and I could tell my parents did too. It is close to my second home in New York where my family is so I really like that too.”

Guessing that he goes to school in GA but his family all resides in the NE?

I think his parents live in GA but I am not 100% sure. He has extended family in NE.

1 minute ago, AUreo said:

I think his parents live in GA but I am not 100% sure. He has extended family in NE.

I misread it initially and I’m guessing the other poster did too, but the tweeter is saying that UConn hosted HER mother, not his. So his grandmother

I think we got out-recruited. Still hoping for a last minute change of heart. Connecticut is quite a distance from GA.

UCONN insider:

“UConn staff blew away SC and his family with an excellent pitch.. Was not expected by them.
If he comes north to Storrs. Not convenient to the family.”

I don't imagine that article is factoring in the northern family being brought into the equation. I'm sure they did their own pitch (one is literally his mother's mother) in assuaging his direct family of those concerns. 

At least he's not a consensus 5 star, so this doesn't count towards that losing streak!