Harsin Sideline Demeanor

AUfan_UAgrad

I never saw Harsin coach at Boise so curious has his sideline demeanor always been showing no emotion?  Also I have only been to 1 game live this year, A&M and was on Auburn side for that game and never saw any emotion from him during that game.  Seems like every other coach gets camera time when they get emotional (good or bad) but never see anything with Harsin.  So is it just not shown?  Or is that just the way he is?  Not trying to bash him here just curious if that's who our coach is as far as demeanor.

I think he can be a good coach and turn things back to us being a true contender each year given the time and authority to.

When down 28-3 Mike Leach showed no emotion on the sideline and when he came back to whoop our a$$ and was on track to start running up the score he showed no emotion either. Don’t care about emotion only care about wins.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

When down 28-3 Mike Leach showed no emotion on the sideline and when he came back to whoop our a$$ and was on track to start running up the score he showed no emotion either. Don’t care about emotion only care about wins.

Right and that's who Leach has always been.  He also shows his emotions by stating things like "they will hold tryouts for kickers" after the other weeks kicking blunders.  Leach is a smart ass that's his emotion.  Would you ever expect Harsin to say something like that?  Lots of folks are wondering why Harsin didn't get irate about the targeting call.  I was just taking it to next level, in curious is that just who he is and how he coaches?  Have had many friends of other teams say "your coach shows no emotion"

Again not bashing him just curious if that's who he is, shows little to no emotion so know what to expect.  I mean I would like for our coach to get irate about things like the targeting call but if he is not that is good to know so know what to expect and not expect from him.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad

Interesting you bring that up as I literally don't have any memories of watching him at all on the sideline. What was his disposition like?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Interesting you bring that up as I literally don't have any memories of watching him at all on the sideline. What was his disposition like?

At the A&M game?  If so guess they never showed him on camera?

29 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

I never saw Harsin coach at Boise so curious has his sideline demeanor always been showing no emotion?  Also I have only been to 1 game live this year, A&M and was on Auburn side for that game and never saw any emotion from him during that game.  Seems like every other coach gets camera time when they get emotional (good or bad) but never see anything with Harsin.  So is it just not shown?  Or is that just the way he is?  Not trying to bash him here just curious if that's who our coach is as far as demeanor.

I think he can be a good coach and turn things back to us being a true contender each year given the time and authority to.

CPD and CTT were both criticized at various times for their supposed lack of emotion. I used to have a pic of CTT running after a ref making the "you need glasses" hand gesture over his eyes that I would post to people who claimed that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

CPD and CTT were both criticized at various times for their supposed lack of emotion. I used to have a pic of CTT running after a ref making the "you need glasses" hand gesture over his eyes that I would post to people who claimed that. 

Yeah definitely not trying to bash him.  Guess that's just who he is?

CTT and CPD took A LOT to bring it out of them but I saw it a few times.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I've seen numerous camera shots of Harsin showing plenty of emotion. 

Ok gotcha.  Guess I have just missed them then.  If thread gets heated I'll just delete it.  Was just curious if that's just who he is as have seen several people question his lack of emotion on calls on this board as well as from other fan bases.

Was curious if that's the way he was at Boise or has coaching in bigger conference changed him in that aspect.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad

I don't want an emotionally responsive coach on the sidelines. At least, what I'm trying to say is, he needs to be in control of his emotions as to not interfere with the progress of the coordinators and players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I don't want an emotionally responsive coach on the sidelines. At least, what I'm trying to say is, he needs to be in control of his emotions as to not interfere with the progress of the coordinators and players.

Agree don't want emotions taking over his ability to coach but am fine with showing them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Sometimes a coach giving the ref an ear full can help spark the players and fans.  I wasn't at the game but from what has been stated it was dead in 2nd half and lots of folks left.  For the few that were left if the jumbo tron showed Harsin giving the ref an earful on the targeting call would have at least given them something to yell about.

46 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Sometimes a coach giving the ref an ear full can help spark the players and fans.  I wasn't at the game but from what has been stated it was dead in 2nd half and lots of folks left.  For the few that were left if the jumbo tron showed Harsin giving the ref an earful on the targeting call would have at least given them something to yell about.

I think the loudest the crowd got was when ref announced the targeting. I couldn't even hear if he was ejected.

But the ref came over to Harsin after.. obviously I couldn't hear the conversation but it didn't seem like Harsin was getting too heated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Probably his demeanor.  I remember Coach Landry just one facial expression the entire game stoic.

• Love 1