auburn 22nd under-rated

gabe_96

I have to say I am really surprised at how big of a drop off everyone is expecting out of Auburn...22nd in the nation...The 2005 tigers are the fastest Auburn team in history...first five games are at home and we don't play UT or UF until the SEC championship game...assuming we beat LSU...bama is hurting, georgia hurting...Arkansas is without Matt Jones...Borges is in his second year of implenting a offense in which he has had great success with lesser talent...sure we have a new QB but so does FSU and they are ranked ahead of us by everyone...and I don't think they could play with Va Tech last year....we whipped UT twice last year and some have them picked 2 in the country.

LSU has a brand new coach....and I'd give LSU a 50% chance of beating us, but that is about all I'd give them...Auburn's program is under-rated...they are building serious depth with each new recruiting class and they are keeping the talent on the roster...as opposed to the other clown programs out there....

at least we have always done better in the underdog role..i guess I'll count the ratings as a blessing....i wonder how long our winning streak will continue?

Wreck Teck

I have to say I am really surprised at how big of a drop off everyone is expecting out of Auburn...22nd in the nation...The 2005 tigers are the fastest Auburn team in history...first five games are at home and we don't play UT or UF until the SEC championship game...assuming we beat LSU...bama is hurting, georgia hurting...Arkansas is without Matt Jones...Borges is in his second year of implenting a offense in which he has had great success with lesser talent...sure we have a new QB but so does FSU and they are ranked ahead of us by everyone...and I don't think they could play with Va Tech last year....we whipped UT twice last year and some have them picked 2 in the country.

LSU has a brand new coach....and I'd give LSU a 50% chance of beating us, but that is about all I'd give them...Auburn's program is under-rated...they are building serious depth with each new recruiting class and they are keeping the talent on the roster...as opposed to the other clown programs out there....

at least we have always done better in the underdog role..i guess I'll count the ratings as a blessing....i wonder how long our winning streak will continue?

Wreck Teck

168261[/snapback]

Actually, most of your polls have Auburn around the average of a #15 ranking.

Wow, nice post...can't disagree with anything. Auburn football has always and will always thrive on not getting respect. :thumbsup:

I'm also not sold on the cajuns just yet. They have some serious talent, I'll give them that. However, losing ol Saint Nick is going to hurt them, no matter what hot-shot, big-mouthed new QB they sign. They have a new coaching staff and until they get their QB situation straightened out, I think we beat them. I can't wait to see whatever QB they play run around for his life against our front 7.

918clov1tv.jpg

918edin2tv.jpg

I have to say I am really surprised at how big of a drop off everyone is expecting out of Auburn...22nd in the nation...The 2005 tigers are the fastest Auburn team in history...first five games are at home and we don't play UT or UF until the SEC championship game...

168261[/snapback]

honestly, this is the only thing that i can see holding y'all back... who are y'alls first five games against? Georgia Tech, Ball St, Western Kentucky, Miss St, and South Carolina? that's not a very tough strength of schedule, and if ANYONE put y'all as far down as 22nd, this must have been what they were looking at, along with the fact y'all don't have to play UT or UF...

Our strength of schedule is not an issue. GT is going to be good top 50 team and everyone has a team like Ball St to ease their schedule. Our SOS will not be a problem.

honestly, this is the only thing that i can see holding y'all back... who are y'alls first five games against?  Georgia Tech, Ball St, Western Kentucky, Miss St, and South Carolina?  that's not a very tough strength of schedule, and if ANYONE put y'all as far down as 22nd, this must have been what they were looking at, along with the fact y'all don't have to play UT or UF...

168321[/snapback]

You've got it backwards there, Who. UT & UF are ranked as high as they are because they don't have AU on their schedules. After the last 3 straight thrashings by AU, UT wants to see AU again about as much as uat wants to see Logan Young. And UF only won the last meeting in 2002 because Damon Duval couldn't make a chipshot FG at the end of the 4th quarter, giving Rex Grossman the opening to win it for them in OT. They have to be the luckiest SEC team around because AU rotated off their schedule when they did.

The pre-season mags have no clue as to what AU has returning. All they know is that four 1st rounders have graduated. That's the depth of their analysis, and you're right -- it's shallower than Kenny Stabler or Joe Namath doing public service announcements for responsible drinking. :D:au: WDE

That's the depth of their analysis, and you're right -- it's shallower than Kenny Stabler or Joe Namath doing public service announcements for responsible drinking.    :D  :au: WDE

168349[/snapback]

Bwahahaa! :lol:

Roe tahd! :thumbsup:

The pre-season mags have no clue as to what AU has returning.  All they know is that four 1st rounders have graduated.  That's the depth of their analysis, and you're right -- it's shallower than Kenny Stabler or Joe Namath doing public service announcements for responsible drinking.    :D  :au: WDE

168349[/snapback]

I agree...we are returning as many players as ever :)

We have alot to replace on offensive, our entire backfield and we have a young inexperienced quarterback. I can see why we aren't ranked as high. We have a long way to go.

....he said in the tone of Eyore.

I think CTT has been implementing his goal of recruiting athletes in numbers since he's been here. Sounds simple enough, but he has openly stated his M.O. for recruiting is to stockpile players, preferably over 6', who can run. Speed, speed and more speed at every position.

A friend of mine was lucky enough to play a round of golf in a charity tourney with CTT several years ago and said that his only comment about the program was that if he could continue to recruit the way he has, they will have the athletes to play with anyone in the country, bar none. That time is now.

I truly believe CTT is modeling his program after Miami's (ATHLETICALLY ONLY :big: ). That means you can lose players like we did this year and re-load because there are numerous gifted athletes ready and waiting for their turn.

WAR CTT :cheer:

We have alot to replace on offensive, our entire backfield and we have a young inexperienced quarterback.  I can see why we aren't ranked as high.  We have a long way to go.

168434[/snapback]

Alot to replace on offense?

WRs return, O-Line returns, TE returns, 2 experienced RBs return (Tre & Carl)

I agree...there will be some drop off on the RB department...but like Stat said in another post :

"Losing CW and RB will be a factor but it's not like we rode them to a 13-0 season.

2003: 2389yds-541-32tds / 4.42

2004: 2383yds-552-27tds / 4.32

Our rushing numbers were actually better in 2003 yet we lost 5 games. The biggest difference was in our passing game and Campbell's record breaking season. The backs we currently have are good enough to average 183 yards per game but how Brandon Cox competes at QB, will determine what kind of season we will have in 2005. "

Cox will make or break this season....I believe he has the ability to "make" the season rather than "break" it. Yes, we have to replace 3 players on offense (2 who played the same position) but we return players at RB that are experienced...and have a newcomer qb.

You guys will have a great defense, no doubt about it, but you can't expect to be ranked very high when you lose the superstars that you did last year. It's always better when you are the underdog anyway. The only people who know your team and the potential you guys have are the AU fans, not some dumb writer or whatever. Good Luck!!!!! :lsu:

We have alot to replace on offensive, our entire backfield and we have a young inexperienced quarterback.  I can see why we aren't ranked as high.  We have a long way to go.

168434[/snapback]

Alot to replace on offense?

WRs return, O-Line returns, TE returns, 2 experienced RBs return (Tre & Carl)

I agree...there will be some drop off on the RB department...but like Stat said in another post :

"Losing CW and RB will be a factor but it's not like we rode them to a 13-0 season.

2003: 2389yds-541-32tds / 4.42

2004: 2383yds-552-27tds / 4.32

Our rushing numbers were actually better in 2003 yet we lost 5 games. The biggest difference was in our passing game and Campbell's record breaking season. The backs we currently have are good enough to average 183 yards per game but how Brandon Cox competes at QB, will determine what kind of season we will have in 2005. "

Cox will make or break this season....I believe he has the ability to "make" the season rather than "break" it. Yes, we have to replace 3 players on offense (2 who played the same position) but we return players at RB that are experienced...and have a newcomer qb.

168446[/snapback]

Do not under estimate the loss of great backs like Ronnie and Carnell. They were extremely important in the LSU game and a huge part of our success on offense.

Wreck Teck

Not trying to start anything, but can someone please answer a question for me.  Why don't the rankings start over from last year?  If you finish number 1, why don't you start the season off as number 1.  No one can truly tell what a team is going to do just by looking at who is returning or who has left.  Year before last when Auburn had the same team as last year they were ranked high, and then last year started off low.  How fair was that?  No one knows what a team will do until they have played a few games.  I think schools should gain some credit for the past year.  The way it is now, the only team that gets anything for the past season record is the team that was ranked number 1.  The other schools worked hard also, and deserve at least the respect of starting out in their finishing position.

Even if they only stay through the first game.

168261[/snapback]

Wreck Teck

Not trying to start anything, but can someone please answer a question for me.  Why don't the rankings start over from last year?  If you finish number 1, why don't you start the season off as number 1.  No one can truly tell what a team is going to do just by looking at who is returning or who has left.  Year before last when Auburn had the same team as last year they were ranked high, and then last year started off low.  How fair was that?  No one knows what a team will do until they have played a few games.  I think schools should gain some credit for the past year.  The way it is now, the only team that gets anything for the past season record is the team that was ranked number 1.  The other schools worked hard also, and deserve at least the respect of starting out in their finishing position.

168261[/snapback]

168594[/snapback]

Because it's the same school but not the same team.

22nd does seem kinda low. Think thats the lowest rating I've seen for us though.

In my completely cold and analytical moments though, I'd have to say we should

be considered an underdog against LSU right now. Playin there is tough. The 6 games

leading up to it though are a blessing, as long as we don't choke againt GaTech.

If Cox gets some stupid mistakes out of the way and gets better every week for the

the first few weeks and just looks like an SEC QB should look, (and we get a Center

who looks like he should unambigously be the starter), then maybe I'll start drinkin the

kool aid again.

Come on. Take a great BIG drink of the old Orange & Blue Koolaid! :D

It is PRE-season. We are ALL undefeated! ! ! :au:

Wreck Teck

168261[/snapback]

168594[/snapback]

Because it's the same school but not the same team.

168595[/snapback]

Although apparently if the school is Oklahoma or Southern Cal, the team doesn't matter as much as the name... <_<

You guys will have a great defense, no doubt about it, but you can't expect to be ranked very high when you lose the superstars that you did last year. It's always better when you are the underdog anyway. The only people who know your team  and the potential you guys have are the AU fans, not some dumb writer or whatever. Good Luck!!!!! :lsu:

168531[/snapback]

Thanx Cody. Good luck to you guys too...you know...except for that one game in BR. :no:

:au::homer:

Archived